Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised, here is the finished product:

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

Main referenced used:

P1130219.jpg

Here's the rope I used, and a comparison for how it looks after a dunk in black coffee.

P1130367.jpg

The sheen of the horse still bugs me... Is there any suggestions on how to dull that, other than just a complete repaint? Like, is there a clear coat that could be used that would have the opposite effect of a lacquer?

As promised, here is the finished product:

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

Main referenced used:

P1130219.jpg

Here's the rope I used, and a comparison for how it looks after a dunk in black coffee.

P1130367.jpg

The sheen of the horse still bugs me... Is there any suggestions on how to dull that, other than just a complete repaint? Like, is there a clear coat that could be used that would have the opposite effect of a lacquer?

Awesome job...congrat's...

That is a big horse! I mean I know horses are big, but that thing looks like a 8' horse if Scarecrow is any size indiction. Other than the horse possibly being too big, it looks fantastic. Great pose :rock

Awesome display Maglor, very classy! I would think a matte clear spray would take the sheen off somewhat, but spraying/airbrushing would be the way to go.

That is a big horse! I mean I know horses are big, but that thing looks like a 8' horse if Scarecrow is any size indiction. Other than the horse possibly being too big, it looks fantastic. Great pose :rock

It is a big horse - around 14 1/2" to the tips of the ears - but it doesn't look overly large in hand. This is a great horse, but it is a bit shiny as Maglor says. It doesn't bother me at all, but with a different lighting set up in my room it might. What I love about the horse - apart from the articulation - is its hair and detailing. I believe Dragon has at least 3 figures that this horse comes with.

Last edited:
Loving the pictures with the horse. I got the Scarecrow head, already had a TT, grey suit and white shirt lying around. I need to get the boots, tie and possibly a stand.

To be honest I could even do without the boots, can barely see them on screen anyway.

Loving the pictures with the horse. I got the Scarecrow head, already had a TT, grey suit and white shirt lying around. I need to get the boots, tie and possibly a stand.

To be honest I could even do without the boots, can barely see them on screen anyway.

I know its only a little thing but i'd recommend getting the hands if you can too. Might sound silly but i love the detail on them. Especially the dirt. They look really grubby and i think it really adds a lot to it.

Just a suggestion.

hey man, yeah go to walmart, and look in the spray paint section for KRYLON MATTE FINISH CLEAR COTE that should dull it up for you, just dont know how i would handle blocking the areas you dont want sprayed, like the horses hair. maybe just plastic. try it on some other shiny toys first. good uck looks awesome.

Nice pis Di. Is it just my imagination, or are Scarecrows pants hiked up kind of high? :huh

Nice pics Fabio

Mag - INCREDIBLE horse setup!!! Def going that route with mine

Thanks! So you aren't gonna go with a stationary horse?

Buttmunch has me all paranoid about the horse being too big now. :mad:

Nice pis Di. Is it just my imagination, or are Scarecrows pants hiked up kind of high? :huh

Thanks! So you aren't gonna go with a stationary horse?

Buttmunch has me all paranoid about the horse being too big now. :mad:

No I'm actually gonna go with the rearing horse if I can find one at a decent price

Awesome job...congrat's...

... it looks fantastic. Great pose :rock

Awesome display Maglor, very classy!

Lookin' good Maglor!

Loving the pictures with the horse.

Thanks everybody, glad you like it! :wave

Mag ....
This is ....... wait for it.....
wait for it....
LEGENDARY!!!

Wow! Legendary? :lol

Not sure about that (and I'm not the first to post a Scarecrow on a horse). But it does stand out in my collection room.:D

I would think a matte clear spray would take the sheen off somewhat, but spraying/airbrushing would be the way to go.

hey man, yeah go to walmart, and look in the spray paint section for KRYLON MATTE FINISH CLEAR COTE that should dull it up for you, just dont know how i would handle blocking the areas you dont want sprayed, like the horses hair. maybe just plastic. try it on some other shiny toys first. good uck looks awesome.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it. :)

Back