Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup that's what I paid.

Well i'm not from the US. I guess not many US sellers have these so most ppl got their sets from asia. Shipping from asia is a little better for me as i'm closer. Ok, i'll aim for $430 shipped or less. Hopefully I can get snag a good deal.

Thanks guys.

You guys are crazy justifying $215 a figure...

What you're really paying is $430 for Scarecrow... with a large accessory Batman in its own box.

All we collectors submit to some degree of delusion and self-deception when it comes to keeping our shelves well dressed. Please don't rag on these guys, otherwise I may begin to doubt my own justifications for dropping 400 bucks on OC Bats. My collecting is a house of cards, built on the premise that these lumps of plastic are worth every one of the dollars I throw at them :slap

All we collectors submit to some degree of delusion and self-deception ... built on the premise that these lumps of plastic are worth every one of the dollars I throw at them :slap

:D

Of course they are. I'm right there with ya.

Nothing wrong with spending $400 on a figure you really love. I've spent more on single customs.

Man, I love yours pics and posing in general... but this is just OUTSTANDING!

:clap

Thank you sir. :)

I need to something more with the horses legs though. I want it to look more or less stationary, but not totally still like he is now. Kind of like he is just coming to a stop.

I have no idea how to do that though. I need to find horse pics to figure out what a realistic pose might be.

nice pics Mag :)

Thanks. More coming. ;)

P1130156.jpg

P1130163.jpg

P1130167.jpg

P1130172.jpg

P1130181.jpg

P1130183.jpg

P1130177.jpg

More here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3221350#post3221350

:peace

wow maglor, youre really starting to sell me on the straight jacket, since i first saw this guy i had known i would pose him without it, just in the suit, but looking at your pics, im not sure anymore!

Yea, I watched that scene tonight and there were cops on horses all around the Narrows.

The real question is, where did he get the giant noose to put around the horses neck?

And for the record: Posing him without the straightjacket is inconceivable to me.

Yea, I watched that scene tonight and there were cops on horses all around the Narrows.

The real question is, where did he get the giant noose to put around the horses neck?

And for the record: Posing him without the straightjacket is inconceivable to me.

why inconceivable?? to me it was the other way around, he wore the straigt jacket for probablly less than 15 seconds, and then got tazered in the face and ran off screen, haha. every other time we see him its just the suit.

Great horse man! It looks cool. I don't mind the sheen on it at all, then again, in hand it might be different.

I guess a real horse will have a certain amount of sheen to it, but in hand it just gives away that this is a toy, as it makes the fact that it is plastic very noticeable. I can see why some would prefer a horse with fur.

why inconceivable?? to me it was the other way around, he wore the straigt jacket for probablly less than 15 seconds, and then got tazered in the face and ran off screen, haha. every other time we see him its just the suit.

For me those 15 seconds are much more memorable visually. So much so that I see Scarecrow in my minds eye as wearing a straightjacket.

As I've said time and time again, Screen accuracy is way down the list of what's important to me. The main issue is: how does it look on my shelf.

As we all know, guys in suits can get pretty old on a display.

I'm kind of with Maglor on this one.

Even though Batman Begins kind of failed building up Scarecrow as nothing more than a putz, for a split second, when he comes in, straight jacket with mask, horse blazing, you get that feeling that, there he is, SCARECROW. I didn't expect a full fight between him and Batman at the climax (that was meant for Ras obviously) but it was disappointing that Scarecrow didn't get to have a final run in with Batman. Though, they made up for it in TDK I guess, but at the time we didn't know he'd be back and getting tazed by Rachel sucked.

It's more iconic than yet another business suit with shirt and tie, this guy was just let loose from Arkham, drugged on his own fear toxin. The tattered straight jacket is closer to the comic book and Scarecrowesque look than simply Crane's old dress clothes from when he went to Gotham University.

I'd kind of like to own both simultaneously, but at the prices these are going for now, that's just not realistic. I'm fine with just one, and that one will be the straight jacket look.

The tattered straight jacket is closer to the comic book and Scarecrowesque look than simply Crane's old dress clothes from when he went to Gotham University.
I guess, but he wasn't wearing a straight jacket in the comic (obviously, he was literally dressed up like a scarecrow), so him having a similar color scheme and a raggedy looking outfit doesn't make much of a difference to me personally.

I don't think either look is more "iconic" than the other in the films, but prefer the suit for some reason. I think I posted this before, but it may have something to do with the juxtaposition. I took my straight jacket off and like him more that way.

Maglor, those pics rock. he looks really cool on the horse. I really don't mind the toy look of the horse. If someone really wanted they could just do a repaint on one and make the horse look EEEEEVIL!! custom flames coming out of its mouth and alll

Back