Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, though I'll tolerate female action figures with rooted hair. Simply because, if they have a lot of hair, the big plastic hair looks unwieldy and far too fake (given how realistic the clothing and likeness of the faces tend to be).

I don't know, sounds like you're taking the scenic route to GirlyMan Town. Better watch out, the Macho Police might be coming after you.

The dolls vs. action figures rages on. they are dolls, face it.

Action Figure:
ScarecrowAF.jpg

Doll:
ScarecrowDoll.jpg

I love my Hot Toys, Sideshow, and Hasbro dollies. Regardless of what they are called, hobby is a hobby.

I was all set to get this when I sold a couple things off this weekend, but then I stopped and realized that I'd be spending about $450 on something I only wanted because it's going to be hard to get. Sure, I'd like a Scarecrow, but you can't tell me that's a $200+ figure.

I dunno, maybe I've turned a corner in terms of my collecting habits or something. Great looking figures, but the asking prices for these are out of hand and I don't even want to think about where they'll end up.

but the asking prices for these are out of hand and I don't even want to think about where they'll end up.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY they are a good investment. Rare Hot Toys figures usually increase prices a ton... just look at the DX Batman/Joker and the early predator figures.

Yeah. Problem is I don't buy figures as an investment. Ever. I buy them because I like the characters and again, while it'd be nice to have a Scarecrow to round out my Batman collection, I'm not willing to pay more for him than I did DX Batman or Joker.

Not me.

Once you go into the rooted hair/accessorizing/horseback territory, you've gone too far. That I consider dolly territory. All Scarecrow needs now is an Arkham Asylum dream house and that ____ is DONE.

Batman, Joker, Terminator, Aliens, Predator, you name it are traditional action figures. All going back to those original GI Joes and Captain Action action figures.

Yeah, they have clothes but they aren't cutesy dolls with "real hair" and marble eyes.

They're plastic representations of some bad ass cult classic characters ranging from horror, sci-fi and action films. With weapons, knives and articulation that makes Ken look like a straight up _____.

If I had the chance to own these as a kid, you better believe some serious ____ would be going down. Not "futzing" hair and obsessing about "OMG, Scarecrow needs a horsey!" No, Scarecrow "gassing Batman and Batman rubbing Scarecrow's face in the CEMENT.

Sure, they wouldn't last very long but it would be a damn good time. Now I collect them, put em on a shelf, forget about them and want MOAR. :(

Don't even appreciate what I have.

A motorcycle is okay, but a World War II horse is too far? It sounds like someone is insecure with their own manhood.

As for me, I think Scarecrow was totally badass in the horse scene. Very memorable for me.

And rooted hair is about looking more realistic. Plane and simple. We aren't talking about the plugs that Barbie has.

You kids are too insecure about your toys.

:exactly:

Scarecrow on a decent 1/6 horse = Awesome. No different than posing Batman with the Tumbler or Batpod.

Then again, I really don't care if someone calls my figures dolls. They basically are.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY they are a good investment. Rare Hot Toys figures usually increase prices a ton... just look at the DX Batman/Joker and the early predator figures.

Batman and Joker are much more iconic characters, and the demand for those will always be much greater.

Scarecrow on a decent 1/6 horse = Awesome. No different than posing Batman with the Tumbler or Batpod.

Then again, I really don't care if someone calls my figures dolls. They basically are.

True Dat!!!

I also agree with you on the price of the set, I was about to start saving up for it just for scarecrow. After seeing the figure made by just buying the head, I think that is more reasonable.

A motorcycle is okay, but a World War II horse is too far? It sounds like someone is insecure with their own manhood.
As for me, I think Scarecrow was totally badass in the horse scene. Very memorable for me.

:exactly:

:rotfl

Joking about the horse, Maglor. Not about dolls vs. Action figures though. :monkey1

I have TWO DID real Horses. They are fantasticly realistic. I have a running one in black that would probably go pretty well with Scarecrow... now I just need to buy scarecrow. ugh.

There's a lot of insecure people here. The real hair is more about realism.
For me, I've always considered this as a high end action figure. Most of us love collecting them when we were kids and now as grown up still havent lost the love of collecting these. Except now, its more on a grande scale. Whether it is action figures though or dolls, it doesnt matter, this 1/6 are expensive cause it is a work of art.
Its pretty stupid to start pointing out which one is dolly and which one isnt.

Oh, btw, there's a bunch of people here who are married and still collect these. If you're not getting laid cause of this collection...its not the figures, lol

Stupid? Let's be a little more mature about this Mr. Poopy pants. LOL. just joking man, I just love the chance to quote my favorite Naked gun 2 1/2 part.

I remember thinking that $100 was way to much for a figure. now i'm like $250 is too much. But after getting the Joker, couldn't stop and keep getting more and more.

If it wasn't for my wallet getting in the way i would have a much bigger collection.

Lots of defensiveness all around here. Opinions have been stated, and now the discussion is less than constructive or funny (as originally intended before people started getting defensive :) ). You collect what you do for your own reasons. Fine.

Let us please move on.

Last edited:
Exactly, collect what you want cause that's what really matters.
Most of my close friends actually are not into these at all so of course, since theyre my buds, sometimes they give me crap, lol.

But fortunately, I have never really cared what other people think, only thing that matters is what I like :)

Lots of defensiveness all around here. Opinions have been stated, and now the discussion is less than constructive or funny (as originally intended before people started getting defensive :) ). You collect what you do for your own reasons. Fine.

Let us please move on.
Exactly. Pointless discussion anyway. WE COLLECT - which is already a bridge too far for most people... :D

Yeah, 2 of my closest friends I think do like my collection. One of them always whenever he looks at it would go, that's bad ass. And the other everytime he comes over, first thing he does, no fail, is check out my collection thoroughly. He'll even ask a lot of questions about them.

But of course, soon as other people show up and when we're around other people, they'll joke around that I collect dolls. ha ha

At least for Hot Toy figures (which are the only figures I collect), I consider them a work of art, so when people come over I just ask if they would like to see my art collection :)

Back