Hot Toys AVP Scar Predator ''Full repaint''

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PredFreak

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys and welcome to my thread!

I'm a collector of Hot Toys: Alien(s) Predator and Terminator.

My first intro with the world of figure customizing/kitbashing was about 3 years ago, when i bumped into videos on youtube of guys like Figure Master Les and V-Raptor.

It is because of the awesome custom jobs of these guys i became interested in customizing figures.
I started with this dude: the Hot Toys AVP Scar Predator, since i was never happy with the way Hot Toys painted the AVP series.

#I did a full repaint on Scar except for his armor wich i only enhanced with a bit of silver-ing up.
#Carved out his facial scar as if it were burned by acid.
#Spray painted the netting black.
#Added fabric bandages to wrists and ankles.
#Added 2 leather laces on his arms.
#Added Quills to his face.
#Added a Chestburster to give his pose a more dynamic look.

This is my first custom/repaint job on a figure, it was a blast customizing him:rock

Last but not least, i'd like to give special thanks to Figure Master Les and V-Raptor, for their support on techniques and insights to my customizing works.

ENJOY!!

1SCAR1.jpg

1SCAR3.jpg

1SCAR4.jpg

1SCAR7.jpg

1SCAR8.jpg

1SCAR9.jpg

1SCAR10.jpg

1SCAR12.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very good Predfreak . The early Hot Toys Preds seem to get a bit of stick nowadays , but they're great figures and still amongst my favourite pieces . I don't think I'd have the guts to attempt a repaint ! :clap

PredFreak, very mice repaint, mate! I like the new Scar's face very much. Much more better with all those quills. Thou I'm not a big fan of AvP1 face designs, really. I don't like this pale flesh and the teeth in the same color with skin. But that's how they look in the movie, so your repaint is cool for me.

bise2h.png

Also, I like the golden paint on the spear too, nice adding.

Bravo Predfreak! You did a great job. Those facial spines alone are GREAT! Love that addition. I think you did a super job on him.
Be proud! :rock

Looks nice ;)

Thanks for your compliment!

Looks very good Predfreak . The early Hot Toys Preds seem to get a bit of stick nowadays , but they're great figures and still amongst my favourite pieces . I don't think I'd have the guts to attempt a repaint ! :clap

Thanks for your compliment!

PredFreak, very mice repaint, mate! I like the new Scar's face very much. Much more better with all those quills. Thou I'm not a big fan of AvP1 face designs, really. I don't like this pale flesh and the teeth in the same color with skin. But that's how they look in the movie, so your repaint is cool for me.

Also, I like the golden paint on the spear too, nice adding.

Thanks Amigo for your compliment!!

And your Alien Larva is from box? I thinking about buy this larva and little repaint it - https://www.ebay.com/itm/TC84-06-1-...754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1b3eefda

I bought the Chestburster on Ebay.

bravooo for u custom, and what Quills do u use.

The quills are self made from 0.5-0.8 mm thick copper wire, wich are used in resistors.
This material, is easy to bend and grind to diff. lengths of sharp points.

Bravo Predfreak! You did a great job. Those facial spines alone are GREAT! Love that addition. I think you did a super job on him.
Be proud! :rock

Thanks my friend for your compliments, this really means allot to me:yess:

Last edited:
Back