Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War - Infinity Gauntlet Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday, and I love it!
The only issue I had that was the switch in the back was stuck and would not go into the "Breathing Effect" position.
Took a flat head screwdriver and put a little pressure on it, finally it gave way and turned on. *whew*

Did NOT want to go through having to return it... Not one bit.

The Gauntlet itself is amazing.
But the Switch was so cheaply made.
Mine is a bit too loose. (smh)

Re: Hot Toys - Life Size Infinity Gauntlet

Idk if I want this anymore...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah I feel the same. Box is too stupidly big. Lights can fail (as with any statue, I'm not a fan of lights for this reason). Seems too much[/I] of a money pit haha.

Yeah I feel the same. Box is too stupidly big. Lights can fail (as with any statue, I'm not a fan of lights for this reason). Seems too much[/I] of a money pit haha.

For $1k an oversized box is justified. No one wants this breaking in transit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For $1k an oversized box is justified. No one wants this breaking in transit

There are lots of $1K+ statues that do not have oversized boxes or ship in two smaller boxes. I suspect Hot Toys isn't used to shipping items of this size and didn't realize that boxes that are too large make shipping incredibly expensive. Same as Gaming Heads' Kratos on Throne statue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There are lots of $1K+ statues that do not have oversized boxes or ship in two smaller boxes. I suspect Hot Toys isn't used to shipping items of this size and didn't realize that boxes that are too large make shipping incredibly expensive. Same as Gaming Heads' Kratos on Throne statue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I want no part of a two box statue but the nightmare on the back end for companies to ship a multi-box statue would not be worth it.

It stinks that it's $150 to ship but I just paid $88 for a Prime 1 statue and this isn't that much more

Delivered last night but it was late and I had to be up early. So just got it set up. Man I love it! Looks fantastic. Was way heavier than I expected. The build quality on the base was also much better than I expected. After seeing the final product I don't think many pictures here or elsewhere really do it justice. The color and paintjob looks much better in person.

Also seeing the packing and how insane-o big this is I'm thankful it was packed the way it was. It needed all that padding. The price may have been steep but I'm thoroughly satisfied.

I just look at it and think I won't like it in the long run. A giant Gauntlet, the only non statue... Idk

I just look at it and think I won't like it in the long run. A giant Gauntlet, the only non statue... Idk

In the the long run, it's possible that could happen.

In my case it's not much of an issue, as I've already a purchased a few 1:1 scale replicas, such as the eFX Mjolnir, Shield, a few SW Helmets and a few other odds and ends.

With shipping and import fees this thing could top £1000 for me to import....so I think I'm going to have to pass.

Grats to everyone adding it to their collections though...it's an incredibly impressive piece.

With shipping and import fees this thing could top £1000 for me to import....so I think I'm going to have to pass.

Grats to everyone adding it to their collections though...it's an incredibly impressive piece.

You don't have a local retailer that you can order it from?

In the the long run, it's possible that could happen.

In my case it's not much of an issue, as I've already a purchased a few 1:1 scale replicas, such as the eFX Mjolnir, Shield, a few SW Helmets and a few other odds and ends.
All of my non statue items are Marvel legends hahaha
The Gauntlet is nice but I'm just not feeling it anymore.

All of my non statue items are Marvel legends hahaha
The Gauntlet is nice but I'm just not feeling it anymore.

Yep, if all your prior pieces are the Marvel Legends pieces, I can certainly understand where you're coming from. As it's quite the step up in price etc.

I was thinking of possibly getting the Star Lord and Black Panther helmets only. As none of the other pieces could be classified as replicas, especially that shield which way too many people incorrectly believe is for the MCU, rather than for Caps character anniversary only.

Update on my malfunctioning Gauntlet. Sideshow let me know they are mailing a new switch to me and that should fix it. Wonder if this is a known issue or anything. Either way, if you have any issues like mine, seems like they have a fix already in place that thankfully does not require shipping the whole thing back.

Ok I hope ours are OK from PC when they arrive. I'm still hoping we get it for Christmas but not liking our chances.

Ikon Collectables, which is the Australian wholesaler still has the ETA set as 31st March 2019. So I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Popcultcha are terrible in updating their ETA's, whereas Ikons is updated a lot more frequently. At least with them if the date is passed, it gets automatically updated pushed, whereas with Popcultcha it's rare that theirs are changed. I've seen previous ETA's a year past!

Does anybody's gauntlet looks alittle sideways on the stand?
I feel mine looks a little crooked.
I had to put a piece of foam on the stand to make it kind of look even out.

Back