Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War - Infinity Gauntlet Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think two boxes would be an utter nightmare. It's expensive, but I understand. This piece is not only heavy, but the box is massive.

My Prime 1 Dark Knight Returns is two boxes and was fine. I feel like Hot Toys isn't used to shipping things these large so didn't know how to handle it. Gaming Heads made the same mistake with Kratos on Throne.

My Prime 1 Dark Knight Returns is two boxes and was fine. I feel like Hot Toys isn't used to shipping things these large so didn't know how to handle it. Gaming Heads made the same mistake with Kratos on Throne.

I don't see it being any cheaper and it just could lead to parts missing. Can you imagine if you got the base and no gauntlet? I know they'd make you whole eventually, but damn, that would be depressing.

I don't see it being any cheaper and it just could lead to parts missing. Can you imagine if you got the base and no gauntlet? I know they'd make you whole eventually, but damn, that would be depressing.
True. But it's not uncommon to have two boxes. My Prime 1 Batman cost like $60 total to ship. And half scale and other statues come in multiple boxes.

I was shipping a Hulk statue recently in a custom box. If I made one side of the box 4" larger, it almost doubled the cost of shipping. A few inches makes a big difference and two smaller boxes is often cheaper than one extra large one.

Oh well!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This thing is huge! (and way heavier than I thought):yess:
Each Infinity Stones are magnetically attached to it. Interesting!
ainfinite1.jpg

Just delivered and I can’t take it home bc it won’t fit in the car 😭

Just set it up. Looks and feels amazing. Only issue I have is once I plug it in, it lights up no matter what placement the switch is in. The three settings all produce the same effect, the stones remain lit up. No off or no breathing effect. Not sure if there is something I'm doing wrong. Thinking of contacting Sideshow support to see if they have any suggestions. Not looking to return it since it's not a big deal, but just stinks that the only way I have to turn it off is to unplug it right now.

Just set it up. Looks and feels amazing. Only issue I have is once I plug it in, it lights up no matter what placement the switch is in. The three settings all produce the same effect, the stones remain lit up. No off or no breathing effect. Not sure if there is something I'm doing wrong. Thinking of contacting Sideshow support to see if they have any suggestions. Not looking to return it since it's not a big deal, but just stinks that the only way I have to turn it off is to unplug it right now.

If you don't get a remedy from Sideshow I recommend you buy one of those radio remote controlled power outlets. They're easy to find and at least you'll be able to turn it on and off via remote.

Get a Wemo outlet and you can control it on your phone. Not a total fix but better than needing to plug and unplug constantly

fef0d2df123fbc9e7c7e4ead720573b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you think Sideshow will do anything outside of asking for me to ship it back? I really don't want to do that given how massive this thing is. Not looking for a giant credit back either. Regardless, I'll get one of those switches. Just sucks that I won't be able to have the breathing effect on given the current situation.

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you think Sideshow will do anything outside of asking for me to ship it back? I really don't want to do that given how massive this thing is. Not looking for a giant credit back either. Regardless, I'll get one of those switches. Just sucks that I won't be able to have the breathing effect on given the current situation.
I feel like for something like that they'll offer a credit or have you ship it back for a refund. But who knows? Good luck!

You can also get one of those "hey google" devices, I saw an add on TV "Christmas Lights On" type of thing, it was only $49 I think.

Maybe sideshow can have ups pick it up from you. For all that it cost it should work.
When Sideshow emails the label, he/she should be able to use that to schedule a pickup via UPS

Re: Hot Toys - Life Size Infinity Gauntlet

I'm guessing, giving what these things cost to ship back and forth, they're going to bend over backwards to avoid you having to return it on their dime for being defective.

That said, sounds to me like you've got a wire making contact where it shouldn't, bypassing the function of the switch. So as long as there's current, it's just "on", instead of the switch regulating that current. Could be a sloppy solder.

I don't have my gauntlet yet, so I can't look at the wiring with any authority to give you a more detailed suggestion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would say, you better replace it. Because “Breathing Effect” is really cool, imho.
It’s freakin $1000 prop replica, so you shouldn’t compromise for what you have paid.
I constantly set it for “ON 2”( which is Breathing Effect) and plug the USB charger to my Smart AC Plug. So I can control it via my iPhone though.

Ah I misread and didn't see the lack of no breathing. That definitely sucks and for the money I'd be returning it for a new one.

I still have another payment on. One so hopefully I don't have the same issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk if I want this anymore...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back