Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War - Infinity Gauntlet Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Life Size Infinity Gauntlet

It's been in stock on their site for nearly the last two weeks. Still there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, ES size of 250 and its still available? Yikes.

And this was "sold out" shortly after it went up for sale (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9607484) so either they didn't offer their whole stock, or a bunch of people canceled when HT announced their version XD

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Probably that. I can easily imagine Hot Toys taking a good chunk of the market with their version.
That being said I feel like the pre-order window closed down incredibly/suspiciously fast on these ones. Most of the stuff they do is limited and still remains available for a little while. They are a new and niche company after all (that also makes you jump through hoops to buy their stuff if you don't know the proper channels).

Last edited:

Thanks for posting this. It's actually very informative.

At this stage and based on pictures only I feel that both gauntlets fail to properly match the screen used ones (either the human-sized one worn by Brolin on set or the full size gauntlet that was on display and introduced by Russell Bobbit at D23).

The finer details are, as they should, much more accurate on the Hot Toys one but I feel like the proportions are a little bit off here and there. The base is simple but seems sturdy and functionnal. The paint job on the other hand, although great with these amazing metallic accents and accurate to the CGI gauntlet, seems a little flat, lacks the soul, the level of details and identity you should expect from a piece like this (all in all I found the paintjob on the prototype more to my liking and interesting in general and had they gone with it on the production pieces I would have bought it by now).

That's reason why I enjoy the paintjob on the Taurus a little more (even though it's no less inaccurate to the physical props than the Hot Toys). I also like the close fist pose more and also the fact that is seems bigger (I'm afraid the HT gauntlet might be slightly undersized). Now the details are off in some places of course but I find their take and rendition on this piece really rich and eye catching (the "hammered" surface for example even though I feel they over did it in some places). It seems born from a human and artistic vision that I think HT lacks (using CG models, 3D printing and all). I also think they did a better job detailing the stones themselves. I'm not a fan of the themed base at all but that's just me. I think it looks tacky and out of place but I admit taurus did a better job on this one that on the rest of their products.

I'm going to make a determination on which gauntlet to get in the next few days. Those side by side pictures helped tremendously. I didn't pre-order any of them and at their current rate they would cost me about the same (give or take a hundred dollars). At the moment the HT gauntlet as a slight edge over taurus' (being more accurate overall and licensed should help with its resell value) but I'm still going back and forth (I like that the taurus has a much more limited edition size) so if you can, keep those pictures rolling.:wink1:

After seeing the Hot Toys in-person at NYCC I can assure you it is massive.

The open hand also looks much better because it helps add to the size and presentation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btw, after all this discussion, i am leaning towards the HT version. licensed, more refined base, open hand, tighter details, etc. and yes, you may think it looks small next to the taurus, but it is huge in person! plus, unless something has changed, $4 shipping from BBTS.

was the taurus version $1100 originally? i thought it was priced less than the HT version when first available.

No it was around the $930us mark originally.

While the Taurus looks great and i think it looks a touch better than the hot toys mine came broken and when TNS told me "Aw. It cant be broken like that. Did u lift it from the top???" that sent me alarm bells. If i had the choice again i will probably buy the Hot Toys in fact i am putting a paypal request though today because they haven't contacted me back since last saturday.

Love the HT version, for me it’s the IG. The color just looks so much better imo. I also rather go with the open hand than closed fist.

One thing I've noticed, on the hot toys Infinity Gauntlet, on the 2 fingers that have the red and blue Infinity stones, there are 2 rounded grooves near the knuckle area, but after looking at stills of the gauntlet from the movie, it doesn't appear to have them.Is this a mistake by hot toys?
I noticed that too in this post.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9866574

In a lower post I also had a picture of the physical reference prop. HotToys probably ends up using physical props for their recreations if they're available. The same thing happened with a little chin divot in the MK VII bust from HotToys.

Really helpful video review. I am decidedly mixed on that paint job and led functions (the "breathing" functionality is too quick and makes it look like a Christmas ornament, the leds behind the mind stone are way too obvious) but everything else looks absolutely stunning (and yes, granted I don't know how tall this guy is but it looks big enough).
I would love to see an unboxing/video review of the Taurus IG to get a sense of what it looks like in "motion" and what its functionalities are.

Both look good to me :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For those want to compare the Tauros, here's another video I found

[video]https://streamable.com/ull7c[/video]

Back