Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War - Infinity Gauntlet Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Life Size Infinity Gauntlet

Which is that second one?

Glad this one has open fingers. It registers as "gauntlet" from any angle. The closed fist looks wonky head-on like that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It’s a custom taurus

Hot toys is superior. The fist hides the finger detail. Plus hot toys has better paint job. More accurate. It also appears bigger. The custom only has a nice base.

I originally ordered it but cancelled to get hot toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a custom taurus

Hot toys is superior. The fist hides the finger detail. Plus hot toys has better paint job. More accurate. It also appears bigger. The custom only has a nice base.

I originally ordered it but cancelled to get hot toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the photo above, the paint on the Hot Toys doesnt seem as good as the prototype. I prefer the more patina'd look on the Taurus based off that photo. they also seem to be pretty much the same size. Closed fist seems to be the main issue (have to pretend as if an invisible Thanos is wearing it).

I prefer the more patina'd look on the Taurus

That's fine but that much patina is not screen accurate.
48869d6c518d2f3617f04e9c1fb9d4e6.jpg

That's fine but that much patina is not screen accurate.
48869d6c518d2f3617f04e9c1fb9d4e6.jpg

I mostly agree, but it's also a bit dependent on the scene/lighting. the hot toys prototype also had more patina, which preferred. i appreciate the additional detail for a display piece like this.

b6d0a6083f843da07d15895410fe04e22d075379.jpeg

Yeah, and shipping to CA is $150.00!!!

Damn! I'm knew shipping would be quite a bit, but that's more than I was expecting.

As always I'm glad I could source the 'regular' locally here in Australia, otherwise shipping would've been $240 USD.

From Popcultcha (Australia) I'm getting this for $1,134 AUD (after standard early & member discounts) with free shipping, which is about $816 USD! But Popcultcha probably won't get it in stock for a month or two.

Damn! I'm knew shipping would be quite a bit, but that's more than I was expecting.

As always I'm glad I could source the 'regular' locally here in Australia, otherwise shipping would've been $240 USD.

From Popcultcha (Australia) I'm getting this for $1,134 AUD (after standard early & member discounts) with free shipping, which is about $816 USD! But Popcultcha probably won't get it in stock for a month or two.

I hope not, really wanted this for Christmas.... It should ship straight from Hong Kong for us?

I hope not, really wanted this for Christmas.... It should ship straight from Hong Kong for us?

Popcultcha has nearly always received their Hot Toys stock 1 to 2 months after the USA.

Heck I just got a couple of figures (Spider-Man & Yondu) a month or so ago, of which people in the US got 4-6 months prior.

Yep, just got my notice and it’s $150 to Texas too. Slightly relieved since I assumed it would be more here since Cali was already that cost.

$150 is such a tough pill to swallow. It's crazy that everyone is paying $150. That to me is a bit a scam. How can someone in California pay the same as someone who is in Ohio? Makes no real sense to me, unless that's what UPS is telling them it'll cost per item, regardless of where it's going.

$150 is such a tough pill to swallow. It's crazy that everyone is paying $150. That to me is a bit a scam. How can someone in California pay the same as someone who is in Ohio? Makes no real sense to me, unless that's what UPS is telling them it'll cost per item, regardless of where it's going.
Due to the size and weight, it's possible they hit some sort of minimum threshold tier where it starts at $150 and goes up from there.

Did you use 10% off during the first few weeks of pre-ordering to get that price? (therefore also having the whole thing paid off first go)

Yes, 10% PPPP discount and 10% member discount for a total of 19% off the total cost. But I only ended up paying the $90 deposit as per usual, with the balance to be paid when it finally ships out to me.

Back