Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War - Infinity Gauntlet Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weight is wrong and they don't have dimensions yet. There's no way to give you an accurate shipping estimate. I expect $40-50 from CA to NY like it is for my 1/3 scale Prime 1 statues. This box isn't going to be unusually large.

I'm in MA and just had the flashpoint Batman 1/3 scale shipped to me for $58 so I'm hoping it's around the same price as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If shipping is actually $160 or so, I'd honestly consider asking for a refund. That would be wildly insane for a shipping price. I always feel like the $20 or so they charge for the figures is a bit ridiculous.

If shipping is actually $160 or so, I'd honestly consider asking for a refund. That would be wildly insane for a shipping price. I always feel like the $20 or so they charge for the figures is a bit ridiculous.
It cost me $13.50 to ship a figure via USPS priority. UPS is more expensive, plus the costs of operating a shipping/receiving department (workers they need to pay, etc) and $20 doesn't seem all THAT absurd.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It cost me $13.50 to ship a figure via USPS priority. UPS is more expensive, plus the costs of operating a shipping/receiving department (workers they need to pay, etc) and $20 doesn't seem all THAT absurd.

Reasonableness of price is generally based on what competitors charge for the same item/service. So if we take into account what other companies are charging for shipping the same items - then Sideshow prices could be considered unreasonable. The costs for operating a shipping/receiving department should be built into the price of the item (based on how other businesses generally operate), not a completely separate charge added into the shipping fee. Sideshow also gets discounted shipping rates based on volume. I worked for a small business where we got more than 50% off the normal rates - can only assume Sideshow gets the same or better.

the box will be very big and 20kg

80526cb8-dd7f-4010-84ac-58d62abfdf18.jpg

can't wait to see more in-hand pics and videos from you guys :wink1:

mine will be come later, i ordered local (eu)

Now that's what I pictured the box to look like. The other one a page or two back looked like the crate the Leg Lamp was shipped in A Christmas Story.

But it seems to be a lot of empty packaging.

There's an unboxing on YouTube and imo they could've made it smaller. They have the base and gauntlet side by side in the styrofoam and because the base is so small relative to the gauntlet there's a lot of empty space.

Unfortunately for me there's no way I'm going be be able to fit the box in my car. As such I'll probably have to unbox this and break it down in order to get it home. Hopefully I don't but have to snap the styrofoam in two.

Re: Hot Toys - Life Size Infinity Gauntlet

I'm hoping that means we get a shipping soon email

He looked like he struggled to pick up the stand more than the Gauntlet. That stand must weigh a bit.....

The stand was probably just wedged into the Styrofoam, but I wouldn't be surprised if the stand's weight was a fair chunk of the pieces overall weight. If for nothing else just to inflat the replicas weight, as we all know how much stock we put on an items weight in this hobby.

But it seems to be a lot of empty packaging.

There's an unboxing on YouTube and imo they could've made it smaller. They have the base and gauntlet side by side in the styrofoam and because the base is so small relative to the gauntlet there's a lot of empty space.

Unfortunately for me there's no way I'm going be be able to fit the box in my car. As such I'll probably have to unbox this and break it down in order to get it home. Hopefully I don't but have to snap the styrofoam in two.

I am sure it is boxed the way it is so nothing breaks in transit.
For a thousand dollar item, I would rather have extra packing in there rather than none.

i just read in the comments of this youtube video... looks like a display piece from a event

"is square and size is 30cm x 30cm"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lHB-kvaE8o

Go back a couple of pages. People here have already commented on that, and many of us couldn't believe that those dimensions are even close to being correct.

Especially when it comes to 'that particular' video.

You can always hire a ute from the servo and get it back in 1 piece.

So do we know if it's metal or plastic or something else? I can't tell it's weight when watching people handle it.

499b7c5387ff9253b0060400911d1feb.jpg
5e600c5267925f84c0c813aa4f0e4b9e.jpg

Which is that second one?

Glad this one has open fingers. It registers as "gauntlet" from any angle. The closed fist looks wonky head-on like that.

Back