1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a clear example of HT sacrificing quality for potential profits and now it will cost them. If you don't believe it, then why would SS already discount the premiere IW figure: Black Widow? (It was the first figure released for the IW line. Released less than a year and already being discounted???) The demand is simply not there and that is 100% due to the drop in quality)

Why are they also discounting Gladiator Hulk?

Perhaps because it's not selling as well as hoped due to the horrible knees?

Precisely!

Why are they also discounting Gladiator Hulk?

I think it's pretty obvious that it's not selling as well either. The Gladiator Hulk is definitely considered a variant, so most people who own the A1 and/or A2 version are perfectly content with those if they own it.

I had thought about picking Gladiator Hulk up when the movie came out, however when the figure itself was finally released it had those unsightly knee joints, the very obvious seam for the removable hair piece, and the likeness was simply not there so it became an easy pass...and I suspect for many others as well. Also the 2nd sculpt they included wasn't screen accurate either, it was a re-issue of the AOU Hulk...so the hair doesn't even make sense...it's all big and poofy!

For a $350+ premium priced figure those issues that I previously stated would be enough for it to be a deal breaker. So I think it's clear this fig didn't sell as well and hence why it's getting discounted.

Infinity War Black Widow: Concept Version

46853646_10212859347146879_2128542541576929280_n.jpg

Damn, that looks amazing! I’ve been fighting the urge to pick this up (especially with the Black Friday deal at Sideshow) but I decided to instead just pick up the vest and weapons from ToyAnxiety and I just ordered the base, shoulder pads and relaxed hands from MonkeyDepot so I’m pretty much done, just need to figure out how to get the hair for the short blonde look.
5a2270741f288d0efa340d7691ce7683.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that looks awesome! :rock :rock :rock

I (finally) got this figure last weekend. I have to say I'm actually not bothered at all by the color of the hair. It looks so different in real life then in pictures so I'm probably not going to paint it anytime soon. It even looks like the parting in the hair is darker in color, like it's supposed to be.
I am slightly bothered by the hairdo though. It looks too big, for lack of a better word and on the back of her head there's a parting where you can see the plugs. I really have to style that a bit.

Does anybody have any tips on how best to handle that? I was thinking washing the hair and then once dry working with some product to get it the way I want.

These are some gorgeous photos:clap:clap:clap - nice to know when I get around to picking her up how good she looks if u switch out heads - if I want options.

I am slightly bothered by the hairdo though. It looks too big, for lack of a better word and on the back of her head there's a parting where you can see the plugs. I really have to style that a bit.

Does anybody have any tips on how best to handle that? I was thinking washing the hair and then once dry working with some product to get it the way I want.

Haven't really messed w. fig hair but always wonder - since the hair is probably some kind of nylon or polyester fiber - if u just warm up w. dryer and smooth/style w. fabric softener sheets or a bit of fabric softener and water and a toothbrush. At least to help spread hair out and hide plugs.

I got my Widow today and the hair was way too long, so I cut it and dyed it with the rooting spray.
It‘s not screen accurate and a bit 80s, but I like it :)

75979518-3EF0-4ABA-AD97-E4462DE9038E.jpg

It says A LOT about male insecurity when they will root hair on a relatively short-haired female figure, but a dude with long hair they won't root (even when it makes much more sense from an articulation standpoint) - has to be sculpted in plastic! :rotfl

I hear about how posable this is, but I don't see posey pictures.

What can she do that CW BW can't?

I guess the answer would be pose, lol.
I just got this suit today, originally I was just gonna put the shoulder pads on my CW figure but the suit itself is so much nicer. The CW suit uses this plastic that sticks way too much (to the point where taking off the gauntlets is gonna rip off the piping) and it’s so thick that it restricts the shoulders and legs quite a bit but none of those problems are there on the IW suit. The legs can move more, albeit not a huge range, and the arms are almost unrestricted but that might be because the upper body isn’t stitched on the back on mine. Here’s my attempt at the Iron Studios statue (just need the blonde wig and fingerless grip hands)
2636e0478180bf4e8b9b55c11b7acdd5.jpg

I guess my main gripe on this figure, aside from the ones everybody talked about, is the lack of more expressive hands. Really wish they have included more choices than the relaxed hands, fists and weapon carrying hands. Say one with open palm with spread fingers would have made posing with the staff or batons more interesting...

After seeing all the fantastic photos of this figure, I bit the bullet and picked her up off of eBay. I don't know if I should thank everyone or shake my fists! Hopefully she'll be here next week.

I’m sorry, I can’t figure out how to post pictures on here. I am offering custom commission heads of this figure with the correct hair styling. If you are interested please look at my Instagram and message me. Insta : JRCustoms8

I’m sorry, I can’t figure out how to post pictures on here. I am offering custom commission heads of this figure with the correct hair styling. If you are interested please look at my Instagram and message me. Insta : JRCustoms8

i screenshotted & posted for u.(hope u don’t mind, it has ur instagram name in the pic). real good work! i like it. i may be interested in the very near future for my widow

53d0675962682cee998b9bdaaa871ab5.jpg

After reading this thread for a while took advantage of the eBay 15% off code and picked her up for $184.

Finally finished up my IW Black Widow. I didn’t get the disk shooters but I like the guns a bit more so this is how she will remain.
15f01389ab69717bc4bf0dc10561f5b4.jpg

1d4292207bd20a49fa0b9d6c82c090b0.jpg

“She’s not alone”

Back