1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there Targets in the UK? Or Walmarts? I picked up some clear plastic trays and some wood bath organizers for risers at Target. Bath section sometimes has all kinds of useful stuff e.g. small/narrow.

IMO hardware stores are great too. When it gets warmer I wanna get a few pieces of slate or tile for my Civil War display. I like to go to the back of hardware stores where they are throwing out scrap, broken tiles, etc. 'Coz it's free.:monkey3

Don't think there are unfortunately, good suggestions tho - might have to try some of the local hardware stores instead. :)

Hi,

Thought I'd share some shots of my custom BW. Inspired by UnrealToys' incredible BW, plus this image: https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/68616/2288329-scan10073_2.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

Hope you like her :)

Some more extreme poses here.

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

"Back it up, Bugboy. That's MY cover shot!"
IMG_0537.jpg

"I mean, can YOU go this low?"
IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

:)

Gaah - sorry for orientation issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0555 (2).jpg
    IMG_0555 (2).jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0600 (2).jpg
    IMG_0600 (2).jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 357
Somebody knows...Kara-Té :)

She will actually hold this pose without the stand - just don't breathe on her ;)

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

Recipe to follow :)

Here's a full breakdown of the custom.

BASE BODY:
Phicen/TB League Seamless Female Body (S12D Large Bust, Suntan, removable feet).

Spare hands (painted by me with gloss black acrylic paint (standard small black/white acrylic tube set from UK store WHSmiths)):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Scal...ure-Phicen-Body-/372161192875?var=&hash=item0

HEADS:
Black Widow 5.0 third party headsculpt:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Cust...dy-H-Suntan-/282237327498?hash=item41b6a7d88a

I rinsed, conditioned and wet-combed the hair as straight as I could get it, left for a day then rinsed and wet-combed again. Then I worked a bit of L'Oreal Pixie Cream Wax into the hair and used damp fingers to separate the hair into nice thick swatches for the bangs, the sides and the top/back of the head.

Then I made a working hairband with a hangman's knot, using 3mm Black elastic tape:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N21B179/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The top hair was then combed straight over the back of the head, with the two side pieces joined over the back and made into a ponytail using the hairband.

By tightening/loosening the hairband and poking the top/back hair around, I got as close as I could to a 'Bardot Bump' on top. Then I cut the excess length off the hairband and matted the whole back of the hair and ponytail down as best I could with more Wax.

I found that a teaspoon is a good tool for manipulating the hair without generating flyaways. I also found that if you start chasing and cutting flyaways...you'll just make more flyaways!

I also have a HT WS Black Widow MMS 239 head. Had to gouge the inside out so it would sit on the Phicen neck, then had to use a bit of Plasticene inside the head to hold it steady. Looks a bit giraffe-necked in some poses but I just love it for non-action poses. The 'cataract eyes' really pop from across the room!

SUIT:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Blac...dy-Hot-Toys-/371743650703?hash=item568da5f38f

When this thing arrived, it was about the size of a postage stamp and I thought 'no way this is going on that body'. But it did. Used a lot of baby powder on the body (works wonders) and just took it very slow, first working it up the legs, then the hips and body, then (the really scary part) over the shoulders and arms.

The Phicen shoulders help - you can pinch them in to the body and up just like you would if you were getting your own arms into a wetsuit. Then a lot of gentle pulling and futzing to get it all sitting righty tighty.

Then, and only then, think about getting the zipper done up! You should be able to get the zipper done up all the way to the top...if you want ;)

BOOTS:
From SO Toys SO-T06 Catwoman Kit (Jumpsuit, Boots, Belt, Gauntlets, Eye Mask, Pistol, 3 Pairs Gloved Hands, White One-Piece Underwear, Selina Kyle Head):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOTOYS-1...Assessories-/173539701541?hash=item2867c5b325

Painted the silver heels with gloss black acrylic. These boots have a female ankle socket which fits the Phicen body's male ankle joint. However, it's incredibly tight getting them on and you'll want to heat the boots up before trying.

Also before putting them on, you want to stuff a couple of little balls of Plasticene down into the female sockets so the ankles are nice and stiff (I used a philips screwdriver to get them down there).

The whole process is a bit nerve-wracking but I've done it a dozen times with no breakage so far.

BRACELETS:
From SO Toys SO-T03 Black Widow Clothes Set (Suit, Boots, Open Hands, Closed Hands, Fists, Trigger Hands, Belt with Thigh Holsters, 2 x Pistol, 2 x Bracelets, 2 x Fighting Stick, Communicator):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Scal...TOYS-SO-T03-/283287661122?hash=item41f542aa42

Painted the bracelets gold using WHSmith gold, silver and black acrylic. Couple of gold base coats, then a blackwash and wipe down, then touching up with gold and some dry-brushed silver highlights.

THIGH HOLSTERS:
From SO-T03 Kit. I cut the inside thigh band on these, opened about a 3mm gap then bridged the gap by gluing a length of the 3mm elastic tape on the inside. This 'elasticised' the thigh bands so they can fit further up the legs but will still stay in place further down.

RIOT STICKS:
From the SO-T03 kit. You can work these down into the holsters, which I like the look of.

The hole in the bottom of the holsters is very tight and you'll have to work/screw them in there. Careful not to snap the handles off the riot sticks when doing this!

BELT:
8mm Black elastic tape for belt:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NCUSMND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Belt studs:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CTA1VXO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Black Widow belt buckle from HT Avengers BW MMS 178 (could probably get a similar result with the smaller buckle from the SO-T03 Kit).

I just cut a length of the 8mm elastic tape and Superglued the studs along the belt, leaving about 4mm clear at each end of the belt. Then I glued the belt ends together and glued the BW buckle over the joint.

The elastic lets you have the belt tight around the hips, loose around the waist or however you want. You can also turn it around if you want the 'no BW buckle' look.

PISTOLS:
From the HT WS Black Widow MMS 239 - they have spring-loaded slides and are super cool. The SO-T03 Kit also comes with 2 pistols.

STAND:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Scal...ure-Display-/202303374744?hash=item2f1a388598

More photos next weekend :)

Cornhelium - love it - been on my nerves for a while that can't get Scarjoe into the classic crouched pose.

Beautiful job:clap:clap:clap and stole ur instructions:devil, so thank you!

Mods might move this to custom section tho - dunno.....

Thanks Sassafras. I had a lot of fun putting her together and she is a joy to pose.

It's also made me appreciate the time and effort that girls put into their hair :)

Good luck with your custom :)

Thanks Sassafras. I had a lot of fun putting her together and she is a joy to pose.

It's also made me appreciate the time and effort that girls put into their hair :)

Good luck with your custom :)

Thank you! Your hair work is great. If it's any comfort I spent a while rinsing and rinsing an original spare TWS widow sculpt:( - dunno what HT uses but there were these kinda cheesey tiny particles in the hair:slap - but a wash seemed to help the face even. (PS. the prongs of a stand make an excellent sculpt hair drying rack)

Now tryin' to work on the *notorious* Ultron Widow hair - first and second rinse just sort of frizzed it and there was still gummy stuff.

Gonna have to pull out the big gun - e.g. vinegar. And then futz some more. If that doesn't work I'll try Oxy clean or peroxide.:frank

Hope to get IW in Widow next month - sounds like there is some variation so hope I get a "good one" re hair and paint, and not someone who was having a bad day at the factory.:google

Here's a full breakdown of the custom. [snip]

That thing is insane. So impressive ... particularly your work on the hair. I've spent enough time messing with Chewie's fur and CW Widow's hair to know just how tedious it can be.

She looks like stepped out of the pages of a comic book. :clap

Somebody knows...Kara-Té :)

She will actually hold this pose without the stand - just don't breathe on her ;)

View attachment 443846

Recipe to follow :)

I love this shot not just because of the pose (aren't those heels something?!? I'm always impressed by how well my Selina Kyle figure balances on the high heels, even better than some of my figures with combat boots) but because it highlights the work that went into the hair. That's some beautiful work! :clap

So, after being bothered by it for quite a while I decided to style her hair. While I was at it, I cut some of it here and there because it was just too long and didn't fall naturally.

What do you guys think? :)

47074271491_9e96ab6c79_b.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy phone pic)

So, after being bothered by it for quite a while I decided to style her hair. While I was at it, I cut some of it here and there because it was just too long and didn't fall naturally.

What do you guys think? :)

Very nice. Looks like HT's proto photos. Wouldn't do anything else IMO.

Yes - big improvement. Looks like a proper short Bob done by a stylist, rather than the "Walking Dead Garbage Lady" look they gave her in the movie!

Yes - big improvement. Looks like a proper short Bob done by a stylist, rather than the "Walking Dead Garbage Lady" look they gave her in the movie!

Yeah, but she was SUPPOSED to be forgettable. A master spy would've known that. Visited spy museum in DC and they said that's what best spies are - boring and forgettable.

Guess in End Game having red/white hair won't matter 'coz so many gone:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I still want her *cherry lips* smoky eyes platinum hair. She's got a retro look IMO. Even if it doesn't look like movie.:monkey3

The hair on this fig is so hideous.

The hair on this figure and the feedback it got might be responsible for hot toys going with sculpted hair on captain marvel and other female figures going forward.

The hair on this figure and the feedback it got might be responsible for hot toys going with sculpted hair on captain marvel and other female figures going forward.
It’s possible. Same with Alita. She originally had rooted hair. I really want a Widow in my collection but that hair I can’t get over. Also why I’m nervous to order Gamora which I really want to get. Will wait for final pics if she ever comes out

Back