1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it's the CW one with the WS one right behind. The CW sculpt is gorgeous and the expression is great, no dead eyes and such. TWS one lacks a bit in that department but it's not as bad as some make it seem and she's my fave version of MCU Nat from my fave movie, of course I love her. So it really comes down to preference here.

CW hands down. The hair looks great, the determined sculpt with the slightly furrowed brows lends a lot of life to the figure, and it comes with good accessories.

TWS is a close second but has that mile long dead eye stare that takes away from the figure. Shame too, since the hair is good, the outfit is great, and it’s from one of the best MCU movies.

AoU is not bad if you like that movie’s look except for the hair. That Widow more than any other would’ve benefited from sculpted hair.

Would love to get a Widow 2.0 for both Iron Man 2 and Avengers 1. The A1 Widow is definitely not bad but a bit dated. The IM2 Widow is by far the one most in need of a second version. Would be great to have one to go with the new Mk IV/V/VI and WM Diecast.

Zero chance of it happening but I’d buy an IM2 Widow 2.0 + Happy Hogan two pack in a heartbeat.

CW hands down. The hair looks great, the determined sculpt with the slightly furrowed brows lends a lot of life to the figure, and it comes with good accessories.

TWS is a close second but has that mile long dead eye stare that takes away from the figure. Shame too, since the hair is good, the outfit is great, and it’s from one of the best MCU movies.

AoU is not bad if you like that movie’s look except for the hair. That Widow more than any other would’ve benefited from sculpted hair.

Would love to get a Widow 2.0 for both Iron Man 2 and Avengers 1. The A1 Widow is definitely not bad but a bit dated. The IM2 Widow is by far the one most in need of a second version. Would be great to have one to go with the new Mk IV/V/VI and WM Diecast.

Zero chance of it happening but I’d buy an IM2 Widow 2.0 + Happy Hogan two pack in a heartbeat.

Judging from how many Widows Hot Toys makes--they never skip a single movie she's been in--she must be a good seller and there are probably plenty of collectors who buy every version that comes out. So I would never say never.

I wonder if Hot Toys would ever consider making a Scarlett figure from Ghost in the Shell? I know there was some controversy over her casting but she looked amazing in that movie.

Edit: I just did a quick google search and found out Threezero is making a Ghost in the Shell figure. Never mind.

HT acknowledges that Black Widow is consistently one of their top sellers. I too wish they had the GITS license, but given the BO, it’s okay that they passed on it. Not sure what the A4 Widow will look like, but I guess we may have to wait for her solo movie, if it truly happens, for her to go back to a redhead...

This one basically has same face as CW but the blonde hair is a bit hard to swallow. If she has kick ass action in the movie (which we all think she will, right?), people will want a Widow no matter what type of hair this figure has after April 27...

The A1 Widow still holds the all time preorder record for a HT figure in Hong Kong - It was sold out in a week, back in 2012 (After Avengers had already opened in HK)

HT acknowledges that Black Widow is consistently one of their top sellers. I too wish they had the GITS license, but given the BO, it’s okay that they passed on it. Not sure what the A4 Widow will look like, but I guess we may have to wait for her solo movie, if it truly happens, for her to go back to a redhead...

This one basically has same face as CW but the blonde hair is a bit hard to swallow. If she has kick ass action in the movie (which we all think she will, right?), people will want a Widow no matter what type of hair this figure has after April 27...

The A1 Widow still holds the all time preorder record for a HT figure in Hong Kong - It was sold out in a week, back in 2012 (After Avengers had already opened in HK)

Considering the difference in what Hot Toys charges and Threezero, and how much more Threezero gives you for that price, I'm more than happy they didn't get GITS. Still waiting for an update from Threezero on that release though.
Also, HT would've given her rooted hair, no thanks.

Judging from how many Widows Hot Toys makes--they never skip a single movie she's been in--she must be a good seller and there are probably plenty of collectors who buy every version that comes out. So I would never say never.

I wonder if Hot Toys would ever consider making a Scarlett figure from Ghost in the Shell? I know there was some controversy over her casting but she looked amazing in that movie.

Edit: I just did a quick google search and found out Threezero is making a Ghost in the Shell figure. Never mind.

Actually the Age of Ultron BW was the best selling figure of all Hot Toys releases that year (2015).
see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wOdyPZgKPY

Actually the Age of Ultron BW was the best selling figure of all Hot Toys releases that year (2015).
see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wOdyPZgKPY

Thanks for the link 1/6Fix. After all these years I hadn't seen behind the curtain as much as shown in that video. Very interesting, although only scratching the surface of what actually happens I guess.

I'd love if Hot Toys put out a documentary showing how a figure is developed from concept through to sale. Everything from sculpt to costume, packaging design, production etc etc. Would be pretty fascinating I think.

Oh I agree, I believe there's a fair chance we'll get 2.0 versions of Widows in the future. I was referring to the odds of getting a 1:6 Jon Favreau Happy figure. :lol

Cool video. Unbelievable how much strength Black Widow has worldwide. And that's all because of Scarlett Johansson.

There are times I still wonder how much different the role would have been had Emily Blunt not dropped out to do “Gulliver’s Travels”. Would Widow be just as popular? Would Blunt be red hot instead of ScarJo? Would ScarJo be the new Mary Poppins instead of Blunt?

I know most here probably would have preferred Blunt since she fits the comic look better (and would have been more convincingly Russian), but Scarlett has done such a great job in the role that I wouldn't want to go back and change anything.

Plus it's just a LOT more fun and unexpected to see someone like her kicking all kinds of ass versus someone like Blunt, who's already got that more traditional action star look to her.

E366294A-84FA-45C1-9A7B-BECF85CBD939.jpeg
This is what I am afraid of...eventually, the blonde hair will puff up and fly everywhere...

Back