Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! Teaser from Tomm Wong:

271150_187096674685664_138228759572456_530988_2927883_n.jpg

35565.jpg

The first Avatar figure is going to be James Cameron??? :gah: :slap

Hope it will be both version.
AVTR with clothes and native gear.
And 2 HS.

Oh yeah baby!

Call it a hunch but HT will want to milk this especially because they had to create a new body for it, so I think you'll see clothed Jake and Final Battle Ceremonial Jake as two different releases.

There was also that poll a while back asking who'd we like to see of Jake, Quaritch, Grace and Neytiri. I wouldn't mind seeing a human Jake figure, yes I know it's a guy in a wheelchair, b ut with the jarhead 'do and all those tattoos, it'd rock. Plus, I still think the perfect Worthington headsculpt eludes HT.

Call it a hunch but HT will want to milk this especially because they had to create a new body for it, so I think you'll see clothed Jake and Final Battle Ceremonial Jake as two different releases.

If it ws only up to HT i think they would but since Cameron has been pretty ____ retentive about the high end marchandising i doubt he would let many versions appear.
Well if they do i don't mind.
I may get both.

Maybe the thread title should be amended a little. Its been the same for so long and the only reason I bothered clicking on it at all was out of boredom with the rest of the forum being pretty dead. I'd say a lot of people will assume the thread has been bumped for no actual reason.

...well, I'll be the first (or among the first to say it). Guess Hot Toys really didn't quit on this, though it begs the question: why did they remove the movie links from their site? Maybe they thought that since they announced it for 2010 and they weren't going to release anything that year, they called it quits for a while, at least in terms of publicity.

And that looks to be a Na'vi Jake Sully, since you can see the blue skin of his forearm blurred behind the rifle.

Maybe the thread title should be amended a little. Its been the same for so long and the only reason I bothered clicking on it at all was out of boredom with the rest of the forum being pretty dead. I'd say a lot of people will assume the thread has been bumped for no actual reason.

When the actual teaser or specs are released a new thread will be launched and this one will be closed down. Same thing happened with the Sucker Punch figures.

Have you checked the background of the teaser pic?
It's RDA Jake in jungle.
The teaser pic will be a remake of this scene.
Avatar_Wallpaper_9_1280%5B1%5D.jpg

I saw the abreviated "Hot Toys Avatar is Offic..." scrolling down the home screen and my first thought was "officially dead."

Whoa... I never realized how CG his clothing and the rifle looked until that shot. You can even see how there's a texture inconsistency on his right backpack strap. Just saying. :monkey3

Hmm, this new teaser makes me rethink the now year-old question: would I buy these figures. Back in 2009 when they were announced, I badly wanted a Neytiri to display in a sideways mid-air jumping pose with her bow ready to strike. Not sure if we'll get that kind of poseability, but it'd be nice. At this point, I'll wait and see how these go.

Definitely a lot of potential here, so I'm hoping we waited two years for a good reason.

finally a teaser pic...i expect to see the full teaser at comic con. one more week to go. Too bad if its rda jake, i want final battle for sure.

Glad that we finally get to see something. Was getting worried that maybe they had cancelled this but hopefully the wait was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back