Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn’t a reissue though and making it limited is a ****** move. I don’t care about exclusivity or after market value, I just want the damn figure.
The point isn't whether is it a reissue or not, I'm just pointing out the hilarious cognitive dissonance most posters and collectors have.

The point isn't whether is it a reissue or not, I'm just pointing out the hilarious cognitive dissonance most posters and collectors have.
The main problem with reissue is that they take away a production slot, when that could be used for a new figure - and the reissues are pretty much just Iron Man figures, again.

I don't see many people here that care about having a limited edition piece with a arbitary number on it.

The main problem with reissue is that they take away a production slot, when that could be used for a new figure - and the reissues are pretty much just Iron Man figures, again.

I don't see many people here that care about having a limited edition piece with a arbitary number on it.
Let's be real, it was never about this production spot BS.

It was people getting their panties in a bunch that their toy wasn't hyper limited anymore and it's after market price went back to normal.

And even then, using your logic about production times, them making this a limited piece only means the figures before and after Anakin will come out even faster now :)

Hot Toys reissues a figure to make it more available for people who missed out: "Wow **** you Hot Toys for ruining my figures after market price!"

Hot Toys puts out a limited figure: "Wow **** you Hot Toys for not letting me get this figure easily!"
Same with every rerelease. Some things should be reproduced, to increase influx of new collectors. Just because you paid a premium on-top of the premium doesn’t mean a figure should be stopped from being produced. I wonder how these people behave and reason about the stock market…?

Let's be real, it was never about this production spot BS.

It was people getting their panties in a bunch that their toy wasn't hyper limited anymore and it's after market price went back to normal.

And even then, using your logic about production times, them making this a limited piece only means the figures before and after Anakin will come out even faster now :)
These figures have never really been "hyper limited" though... Up until recently figures have been available for retail or on discount for months and YEARS after release - plenty of older figures are still available at retail either on the after market or through official channels.

Only people I've seen complaining about their "exclusivity" are on Facebook, and those people aren't to be taken seriously. Nor is someone with the name "CuckToys". Gonna have another Ducky on our hands here.

Specs are confusing, no shock lol:
- One (1) LED-lighted red lightsaber (blue light, battery operated)
- One (1) blue lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber hilt
- One (1) Court Dooku’s red lightsaber
- One (1) red lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)

**Light up function operated using USB power
So, purple lightsaber?

HT are basically saying they can't mass produce high quality rooted figures at the scale that we would like, so this isn't going to become the new norm.
They just posted a new rooted hair Joker and that's also limited. I guess that basically confirms this

wish they wouldve offered a less-limited sculpted hair anakin too, like they did with the joker.

regardless, this looks fantastic. hopefully the hair is manageable on the final product.

They will proably release a sculpted hair version as a non-exclusive is my best guess.

Man another 3000 piece exclusive is lame as hell. They know this will be an in-demand figure and they're just screwing over their customers.

I didn't think we'd see ROTS Anakin until 2025 though, especially after TCW Anakin 2 years ago, AOTC Anakin last year, and OBK Vader with face reveal.

Man another 3000 piece exclusive is lame as hell. They know this will be an in-demand figure and they're just screwing over their customers.

I didn't think we'd see ROTS Anakin until 2025 though, especially after TCW Anakin 2 years ago, AOTC Anakin last year, and OBK Vader with face reveal.
Anakin and Vader, the Iron Man of Star Wars

Anakin and Vader, the Iron Man of Star Wars
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f34554c594c51717a3178785362513d3d2d3239322e313461333461343462343933393261643333353539333137353835382e676966

The new Joker have 2 versions: Artisan Edition with rooted hair and DX with sculpted hair...The exclusive is only the AE. Why not same with Anakin????

Last edited:
Yeah, seems very strange to only offer one version of Anakin when more people have been requesting a re-issue if him than Joker.

Back