Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An era of girls combing their dolls' hair ends, an era of grown up men combing their dolls'hair begins.
So true.....lol

Most collectors, men, losing their hair now can comb hair wishing it was their own.

It's very intersting that men who are in their 30s and 40 seemingly who lived the videogame generation have essentially abandoned games/play less and collect action figures.

That's what the industry is saying...less videogame times and Toys are becoming the hobby for the genx/Millenials.

ANH Luke needs it the most. That sculpt didn't hold up well on release and looks even worse now. Leia still looks fine today. Han can't even get the ESB treatment from Howard so I don't even consider him in the possible running of getting a new figure.

TWbJbmN.png

That's ok, at least you have Tom Cruise HS

Genuinely and objectively the worst HT sculpt to date.

I would love to see a new 77 Luke. So classic, I would actually accept the real hair in that case.

I seemed to remember the Stormtrooper version looking much better due to a different paint job. But nah:

Hot-Toys-MMS304-Luke-Skywalker-Stromtrooper-Disguise-Version-011.jpg

Though use of shadow can be more flattering:

review_htluketrooper_3.jpg

Just not sure Luke's mop is shaggy enough to qualify for Top Notch?

I seemed to remember the Stormtrooper version looking much better due to a different paint job. But nah:

Hot-Toys-MMS304-Luke-Skywalker-Stromtrooper-Disguise-Version-011.jpg

Though use of shadow can be more flattering:

review_htluketrooper_3.jpg

Just not sure Luke's mop is shaggy enough to qualify for Top Notch?
If they do a 2.0 farmboy Luke I hope they don't give him rooted hair. A new head sculpt would be most welcome though.

Why haven’t we had any pictures from the convection floor yet?
Sideshow isn't at SDCC this year. The earlier photos you saw is all there is from Sideshows own little online con. Hot Toys probably emailed their asses and told them to not show it any further due to their poor hair futzing and presentation of it. Which is why Hot Toys posted that backstage photo in the first place.

Personally if they were to do Luke I'd prefer ROTJ over ANH simply because it was my favourite look for Luke and I think he'd display really nicely with Anakin.

Sideshow isn't at SDCC this year. The earlier photos you saw is all there is from Sideshows own little online con. Hot Toys probably emailed their asses and told them to not show it any further due to their poor hair futzing and presentation of it. Which is why Hot Toys posted that backstage photo in the first place.
What the hell! Why aren’t they there? It’s their home Convention.

Personally if they were to do Luke I'd prefer ROTJ over ANH simply because it was my favourite look for Luke and I think he'd display really nicely with Anakin.

Although I also prefer his ROTJ look, the ANH farmboy is a much older figure than the 3 ROTJ Luke's that we already have.

Yes, they've overdone Jedi Luke lately, and we likely won't be getting another Bespin version for a while either.

Another problem with the Tatooine Luke sculpt was it was very scene-specific:

f2de36e4-b6a7-402b-99fd-6cad3ef3a7fd_screenshot.jpg

Unfortunately Hamill's look changes dramatically from one reference photo to the next.

What the hell! Why aren’t they there? It’s their home Convention.

Looks like they wanted to save money and didn't really have anything big to show.

Honestly would of been a good chance to bring in new customers, because these Cons are really only for the collectors who are already in the game, something as big as SDCC should be a no brainer for this company.

But they've been ******* up for years, so its no surprise honestly.

All I want is a 1:6 Max Rebo Band. Where’s the alien representation gone? Was sure we’d have some skiff guards or Tessek by now too. Hell, I’d probably shell out for a rancor keeper at this point lol.
This figure is beautiful but not for me, clearly.

Looks like they wanted to save money and didn't really have anything big to show.

Honestly would of been a good chance to bring in new customers, because these Cons are really only for the collectors who are already in the game, something as big as SDCC should be a no brainer for this company.

But they've been ******* up for years, so its no surprise honestly.
What a massive shame. SDCC is something I really look forward to each year 😞. The Jabba set reveal was amazing.

Seriously thinking of unloading my DS Anakin to get this before it drops in value. Any thoughts?

What a massive shame. SDCC is something I really look forward to each year 😞. The Jabba set reveal was amazing.

Agreed, their Con shows are usually a bunch of crap and pretty lame. I think going to SDCC is such a smart business move to bring in potential new customers. This year they only showed a few new PF (of revisted characters again, they've done like 9 Poison Ivy's), random stuff and the few new HT pieces.

I think they like the Con shows as well, because they'll run deals on a bunch of backstock and they don't have to pay for show space, like they would at SDCC.

Seriously thinking of unloading my DS Anakin to get this before it drops in value. Any thoughts?

It will be two years minimum before you get Neu Anakin in your hot little hands. I'd be in a rush to sell nothing. We have no idea when that will even go up for PO. If it ever does! They've been known to play Charlie-Brown-vs-Lucy's-Football with collectors many times before.

I of course have no issue with multiples of the same character.

Back