Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So….anybody got any info for preorder? Today, tomorrow, next week? I was thinking Monday, but no 😞
Nope. I figure it'll happen when I'm away from my keyboard. Although honestly, I'm souring on the whole idea of trying to get one... If it was a limited Boba Fett, I'd be going through any means necessary to get one. I'm happy enough with my current Anakin...

What I don’t understand is what makes this a Con exclusive when none are available for pickup like previous years? I mean this is going into next year and we’re supposed to consider a Con ex? Are HK people getting a reservation ticket when they camp out?

What I don’t understand is what makes this a Con exclusive when none are available for pickup like previous years? I mean this is going into next year and we’re supposed to consider a Con ex? Are HK people getting a reservation ticket when they camp out?
It doesn't say "Con exclusive" anywhere does it? It's exclusive because you can only get it from Hot Toys and Sideshow officially, and it's limited.

Probably Sideshow and HT are still trying to negotiate number of units and pricing? The sculpted Fartisan Jokor seems to be coming too pricy for what you're getting.

Nope. I figure it'll happen when I'm away from my keyboard. Although honestly, I'm souring on the whole idea of trying to get one... If it was a limited Boba Fett, I'd be going through any means necessary to get one. I'm happy enough with my current Anakin...

Thank GOD this isn't a Fett! Thank you Jesus!

I'm not going to try for this guy, I will wait for the sculpted-hair version.

Maybe they're delaying because they've seen a lot of posts about people wanting a sculpted hair version and they're working on a prototype for that before they put it up for sale so that they can put up both. That would probably help as far as the people that really want the rooted hair being able to get it.
Some people are going to want this because they missed the first version or they want a better one but maybe they don't really care about the rooted hair as much.

new-hat-lisa.gif

It doesn't say "Con exclusive" anywhere does it? It's exclusive because you can only get it from Hot Toys and Sideshow officially, and it's limited.
Well HT opened up pre orders only at the Cons right? So how are these HK sellers getting stock or claiming to? That’s what I don’t understand

Maybe they're delaying because they've seen a lot of posts about people wanting a sculpted hair version and they're working on a prototype for that before they put it up for sale so that they can put up both. That would probably help as far as the people that really want the rooted hair being able to get it.
Some people are going to want this because they missed the first version or they want a better one but maybe they don't really care about the rooted hair as much.
Yeah, don’t think this is the case because, ya know, it makes way too much effing sense…

Well HT opened up pre orders only at the Cons right? So how are these HK sellers getting stock or claiming to? That’s what I don’t understand
Places like Toys Wonderland and Pop Collectibles supposedly have/had ppl standing in line to get one to fulfil the orders on their website. Have to remember, many HK Sellers are resellers and not retailers. They get their stock by physically going to places and putting down orders or trying to get their stock by buying from other local retailers who do get their stock from HT. I can explain it more thoroughly later if need be, but this is the gist of it.

It seems like part of the allotment was also available at Secret Base. I guess all those resellers sent people to queue at ACGHK and/or Secret Base to claim a figure.

I thought it's a Toy Fair Exclusive. Same as Dark Side Anakin. If I remember correctly, that went on sale around the same time as Toy Fair, but it's been awhile.

Edit* it is considered a Toy Fair Exclusive.

Edit 2* if SS does it the same way they've been doing Toy Fair Exclusives, they'll likely do the RSVP thing. Probably Anakin one day and Joker the next.

I thought it's a Toy Fair Exclusive. Same as Dark Side Anakin. If I remember correctly, that went on sale around the same time as Toy Fair, but it's been awhile.

Edit* it is considered a Toy Fair Exclusive.

Edit 2* if SS does it the same way they've been doing Toy Fair Exclusives, they'll likely do the RSVP thing. Probably Anakin one day and Joker the next.
I remember buying Dark Side Anakin online but did Sideshow also sell them at Toy Fair?

Back