Hot Toys Aliens Warrior (will it EVER be redone!?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior Alien

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all! Ok, I know there have been countless threads about the flaws that have always been evident in the Hot Toys Aliens Warrior since its release such as the paint flaking, loose joints, broken joints , inaccurate sculpt, etc. but I must admit that I've never seen any first hand... up until about 5 minutes ago. :mad:

I have the Hot Toys Alien collection and have never even cracked into any of the boxes because I'm just the kind of person who displays statues and leaves the 1/6 figs in there boxes to display. Anyway, I have about 5 or 6 of the blue/gray version Aliens Warrior and was thinking earlier today about how there have always been complaints about this fig right out of the box so I decided to take the least mint box and crack into it to see whats going on first hand. Let me just say that I was more disappointed than satisfied...

Now although an interesting interpretation of the Aliens Warrior, the sculpt is obviously inaccurate from the Stan Winston design which immediately upsets me because Hot Toys is sooooo well known for accurate sculpts on everything but when it comes to my favorite obsession they screwed the pooch and gave some sculptor the freedom to _____k it all up for all of us!!! I personally, as I'm sure most that are as obsessed about the Aliens franchise, would have preferred a movie accurate Hot Toys warrior that would have made Stan Winston himself tip his hat at.

So then I removed the figure from the plastic coffin and IMMEDIATELY discovered how pathetically loose and dangly the joints were!!! I swear it's like I was holding an Aliens Warrior wind chime!!! My first thought was that maybe the joints just weren't on all the way so I gave em a little extra push and sure enough, they were all the way on... just substandard and loose as hell.

Now many have complained about the ankles giving them problems so I began to check them out. Aside from the ankles being loose, they pop off the ball joint WAY too easy! So much so that standing the figure would be a challenge on it's own without the assistance of a stand to hold up the figure. So I looked in and under the plastic frame and, yep you guessed it... no stand! I would think that if Hot Toys was going to give us a loose fitting inaccurate Alien Warrior that the least they could do is give us a stand to prop it up on so it doesn't tumble to the floor (as I've read many have) and suffer a break.

Over all I'm pleased with the look of the figure STRICTLY from a perspective that its 100% an artists interpretation of the Warrior and NOT the Stan Winston Studios Design. The quality of the figure is "meh" at best and I only say that because it is so loosely jointed that displaying it right out of the box just isn't going to happen without a little help of maybe a doll stand and possibly even some tacky coating over the ball joints. Again, I just opened this guy (then returned him to the box) so I didn't notice any paint flaking/ rubber decomposing.

Anyway, I'd LOVE to see Hot Toys reissue this figure with 100% movie accuracy (and HOPEFULLY BETTER QUALITY) maybe even to pay tribute to the late great Stan Winston. Think it will ever happen???

Hope you enjoyed the read/ my rant. :wave

6331_press01-001.jpg

short answer - no.

long answer - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The entire Alien franchise line-up from Hot Toys is pretty spotty to be honest.
I can forgive likeness issues with the human characters, but all the aliens are interpretations plain and simple.

:)

It would be awesome if they did revisit this figure
maybe. HT screwed it up once, chances are they'd screw it up again. i think it's time somebody else gets a crack at the license.

neca and revoltech have both done good with the license. But those aren't 1/6th!

The only way I see is if another alien movie comes along and the director use the alien from Aliens or something close to it and Hot Toys acquires the license. All in all, not very likely at all...

I actually like the stylized scupt on this guy and paint scheme.

I would be so happy if NECA released their Alien and Aliens figures in 1/6 scale with upgraded top-notch paint apps and high-end packaging. Throw in a nice base and I'd gladly pay 100 bucks for each.
Not kidding.

maybe. HT screwed it up once, chances are they'd screw it up again. i think it's time somebody else gets a crack at the license.

:goodpost::exactly:

HT needs a serious competitor. I want another company taking crack at movie licenses. Enterbay's the closest but I'm not too hot on how they price their figures and other things. At the very least, we need a new player in the market.

Hhh.... *looks at NECA*
All NECA would have to do is scale up their figures (in some cases even scale down), apply a more delicate paint app and assembly process.
The packaging could be a plain 'ol cardboard box for all I care.
Slap on a $70-$80 price tag, and Hot Toys who? :pray:

No I can't see it HT going back on this, I'd love it if they did though after missing out on one but I got the Big Chap & the ankle Joints are really loose on him, has anyone else had that problem.?

Well I bet you're mad that you bought 6 of them!!

:lol Oh, I bought six of them too!
Needless to say I've sold most of them to people who would better enjoy them.

I've got my prized Hicks and Power Loader still.
HERE's my suggestion to Hot Toys:
Make a DX ALIEN with all the trimmings to make a Big Chap or an Aliens Warrior drone (forearms, head/neck, feet, etc.).
But ONLY give us one if you're gonna' get it RIGHT!!:gah:

That's actually not a bad idea...
Being DX could give them the needed incentive to finally invest the time in making it accurate.

That's actually not a bad idea...
Being DX could give them the needed incentive to finally invest the time in making it accurate.

That's what I was thinking...

& A DX Classic Predator wouldn't be so bad either. But the ALIEN is what I want more than anything (more than anything except the QUEEN of course....):wink1:

That's what I was thinking...

& A DX Classic Predator wouldn't be so bad either. But the ALIEN is what I want more than anything (more than anything except the QUEEN of course....):wink1:

I think I've given up all hope to ever see a queen alien done by Hot Toys. Because even if they did one I'm sure it would be an "artist interpretation" and wouldn't look like the queen We know anyway.

Such a shame...

I think I've given up all hope to ever see a queen alien done by Hot Toys. Because even if they did one I'm sure it would be an "artist interpretation" and wouldn't look like the queen We know anyway.

Such a shame...

I'm thinking only NECA could possibly save us... a 1/6 Scale Queen wouldn't be ridiculous for them.

After the Balrog, 1/4 ALIEN, and now THREE variants of the 1/4 Classic Predator, maybe they can give us a 6" and a 12" scaled Queen.
...& I mean, the Balrog was designed to be in-scale with a different company's figures :wink1:

Back