1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Rogue One Orson Krennic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3634.jpg

After receiving my figure yesterday, I went ahead and watched Rogue One once again.

Early scenes with Krennic had me looking back and forth between the film and the figure. SO glad we got this one. What a well done figure.

What I do find strange is that the film outfits have a very light shade of gray, the prototype figure was stark white but the figure released has an off-white/light cream color.

*** still need to remove the wires...

Nice pic, Talibane.

What I do find strange is that the film outfits have a very light shade of gray, the prototype figure was stark white but the figure released has an off-white/light cream color.

They never use white-white for movies or the fabric will act like a bounce board.

In HT's case, this fabric was likely the closest cheap fabric that was "off white" that they could get in bulk. Haven't seen too much gray-white out there ever. But perhaps the gray-white that is out there is just t-shirt material or something that clearly wouldn't work.

The warm cream really isn't too noticeable until you put something that IS almost pure white like a stormtrooper next to Krennic.

Like D.R.37, you definitely can dye-dip your cape and tunic to cut the cream.

I don't have a problem with the cream shade on the figure, though. As you mentioned, its only really noticeable when displayed next to something pure white. I was more curious as to why the prototype was "whiter" than what we ended up getting. Most likely due to availability of material at the time.

That, or the photography lights made it look more pure white...

Strangely, this is one figure that I don't have the Secret Base photo of... and I have them all. The only thing I could find on the proto was from a Justin Review video... and even the proto looked pretty creamy.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Strangely, this is one figure that I don't have the Secret Base photo of... and I have them all. The only thing I could find on the proto was from a Justin Review video... and even the proto looked pretty creamy.

Here are a few that saved, which includes the official pic showing all of the accessories. Definitely whiter in appearance in these. Unsure if lighting had something to do with it, though, but you could be right.

49643217_10155984358552344_8217010767895986176_o.jpg
49848399_10155984357772344_209920812969361408_n.jpg

View attachment 485785

Imagine how much those figures would set you back now if you were just starting to collect R1. :horror

I know. I always felt RO would have tremendous staying power and be the BEST of the Disney Star Wars... at least of its first round (2015-2019)

Here are a few that saved, which includes the official pic showing all of the accessories. Definitely whiter in appearance in these. Unsure if lighting had something to do with it, though, but you could be right.

No, I have those... I meant the one AT secret base on the shelf. The professional photos looking whiter is nothing more than stage lights and color correction. Even the colors of Krennic vary against one another in those montage shots.

I know.
No, I have those... I meant the one AT secret base on the shelf. The professional photos looking whiter is nothing more than stage lights and color correction. Even the colors of Krennic vary against one another in those montage shots.

Ah, ok. I don't recall seeing that one, either.

Nice shot, Stephen G.

Back