Hot Toys 1/6 Ironman (Gunmetal Grey Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking the SS version might be the rarest of these. I mean at SS and Comic Con are the only 2 places to get 'em and we estimated to be 300 total. The Gunmetals available overseas will probably have the "Silly Thing" Logo on the base. And those are being sold at Ani-com, the Tokyo toy show as well as a few other places. We'll have to wait and see what happens. I personally am holding on to both of mine until the smoke clears.

And Mike, you might be able to pick a Silly Thing base up on Ebay.

Actually vice versa. All of the ones that HT has been bringing around including the recent Tokyo Toy Show had "Iron Man" on the base and "Exclusive version" on the nameplate. The only few pics of the Silly Things version I've seen had "Silly Things" on the base and "Mark 3" on the nameplate. I'm thinking that will be the rarest of them all and that even if the thing is parted out the base will be what demands the higher price because its the only difference.

Its hard to say really. I haven't seen any pics from the Tokyo Toy show, so I don't know about the bases from that show. I do know the various shows had 300 figures for sale. And, weren't the Silly Thing versions being offered at different outlets other than directly from Silly Thing?
Plus, the Sideshow version does have that "Sideshow Exclusive" sticker on the box. Did the Toy shows have some kind of sticker on the box like SDCC does with their exclusives?

Received mine this morning:

P7220034.jpg

The primered/weathered paint job looks really good, and will fit nicely in between the MKII and MKIII.

Aaaah! Why can't they package all of their figures like that? Is soft foam a luxury that can't be budgeted into these prices?

Last edited:
Back