Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5B5ED5734BB24DBD9B44.jpeg

I'm in Dinsey World right now on vacation with the girlfriend and her family. We went to the Launch Bay in Disney Hollywood. They had a nice selection of both Sideshow and Hot Toys. Hoth Leia was there and I finally was able to pick her up. Saved some dough aside just incase I was going to pick up a figure and I did. Her parents have a Disney discount. She was going for $250 in store. Got her with the discount for about $218. I would say that's a fair deal. I'll post pics and make a quick review when I get home from my trip. First thoughts from what I saw is she is a beautiful figure and very well done. I snagged the last new in box too. Display is the only figure left.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm in Dinsey World right now on vacation with the girlfriend and her family. We went to the Launch Bay in Disney Hollywood. They had a nice selection of both Sideshow and Hot Toys. Hoth Leia was there and I finally was able to pick her up. Saved some dough aside just incase I was going to pick up a figure and I did. Her parents have a Disney discount. She was going for $250 in store. Got her with the discount for about $218. I would say that's a fair deal. I'll post pics and make a quick review when I get home from my trip. First thoughts from what I saw is she is a beautiful figure and very well done. I snagged the last new in box too. Display is the only figure left.

Grats! Still wondering whether I should pull the trigger on this...

I don't feel compelled to pick her up at all but at the same time this is probably the most definitive look for her (IMO).

Awesome! Hope y’all are enjoying your time there. It’s always nice to go on vacation and bring home some loot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grats! Still wondering whether I should pull the trigger on this...

I don't feel compelled to pick her up at all but at the same time this is probably the most definitive look for her (IMO).
I wanted to pick up the ANH Leia and of course the day Carrie passed away she sold out everywhere when I was ready to pull the trigger later that week. I didnt want that to be the case again and in person it's a stunning figure so if you love the character and carrie I say it's worth the pick up.
Awesome! Hope y’all are enjoying your time there. It’s always nice to go on vacation and bring home some loot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man! We definitely are!

My Leia:

Attachments

• 001_prot.jpg
    001_prot.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 429
  • 016_prot.jpg
    016_prot.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 428
  • 029_prot.jpg
    029_prot.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 063_prot.jpg
    063_prot.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

That's cool. Enjoy your vacation! I'll be there in December.

Just got her today. Can't say that I'm overwhelmed by the sculpt but I'm happy that I'm another step closer to completing the triumvirate.

She grows on you - the problem is the box art of the prototype which i am convinced now is photoshopped to get that human look in the eyes... and more of Carrie in the eyes.

I have her on a shelf and from a few feet she does catch your eye. For me it goes sideways when i get right up in her face and stare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got her today. Can't say that I'm overwhelmed by the sculpt but I'm happy that I'm another step closer to completing the triumvirate.

I reckon if you make sure the lighting is correct(Like in real life, with a bit of toplighting and some shadows on the face), it looks way better.
The pics in this thread, have a 1" head and blow it up to 8" high on a computer screen, and that will never flatter it.

042F55F6-C5CA-4BDF-AFF7-DC3C402E8FE5.jpg

She grows on you - the problem is the box art of the prototype which i am convinced now is photoshopped to get that human look in the eyes... and more of Carrie in the eyes.

I have her on a shelf and from a few feet she does catch your eye. For me it goes sideways when i get right up in her face and stare.

The pics on the box are of the proto. They are just *that* good. If only HT could have whomever painted the proto paint all the heads, but that can't happen.
I still think this is the exact same head, just a slightly cheaper paint app.
I bought a couple of spare heads so i can maybe try and have someone do a better job on one of them.

I made it home from vacation and opened up Leia. As I said she is stunning. Not much to her so posing is kind of a tough one. Just a couple of quick cellphone pics. Will try to take more sometime this week and even make a review of her.

Ryan
6a7c1bb38a693195c9b658c80727cccd.jpg
0d7617e52b24d9b04d6e494c0f895c26.jpg

Back