Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That replacement sculpt for Hoth Han really makes a world of difference. Both look fantastic, Chakaman.

Yeah, I finally relented and bought a second Space Tracker head to swap out my hatted SSC head. I have one on my second (base hangar) Hoth Han but had initially stuck with the original head for the hood-up Han and tilted it down to look at the life scanner, then I finally covered it with the scarf.

I finally decided at the point it's completely covered, it's probably time to replace it. Unfortunate to have to dremel off the hair of the new sculpt, but it's being put to good use. And I'll just pretend that Han forgot to shave that morning.:lol

Just got mine from BBTS... and she has the dreaded dots!!

It’s not the worst example but it’s not the least I’ve seen on here either. Both pink and blue. I’m not too worried however seeing as how tide pens have been doing the trick.

But you can indeed get a spotted Leia from anywhere it seems, luck of the draw.

Just got mine from BBTS... and she has the dreaded dots!!

It’s not the worst example but it’s not the least I’ve seen on here either. Both pink and blue. I’m not too worried however seeing as how tide pens have been doing the trick.

But you can indeed get a spotted Leia from anywhere it seems, luck of the draw.

Oh no!!!! I get mine from them soon....

Actually it’s worse than I thought... I have blue dots on the boots too for some weird reason, I didn’t look as I was looking at the usual spots I saw in other peoples pictures. And due to the material of the boots I’m not sure I want to use a tide pen there... guess I have to do the old exchangeroo.. :gah:

I just took the pic using my phone in low light so it’s not the best, but you can see 2 dots on the upper boot. I’ll spare the rest of the pics as you’ve all seen ‘em.

EC595B62-BA91-402E-8186-A45B4CDF5D23.jpg

Should also note the boot dots are more visible than they look in that pic.

If mine has spots it's going back. I'm not slathering Leia with alcohol:horror

Yeah that’s what I’ve decided on now

She’s going back

Great figure though, none of the pictures do her justice to what you see in hand in regards to the head sculpt.

I hope you have more luck!

Actually it’s worse than I thought... I have blue dots on the boots too for some weird reason, I didn’t look as I was looking at the usual spots I saw in other peoples pictures. And due to the material of the boots I’m not sure I want to use a tide pen there... guess I have to do the old exchangeroo.. :gah:

I just took the pic using my phone in low light so it’s not the best, but you can see 2 dots on the upper boot. I’ll spare the rest of the pics as you’ve all seen ‘em.

View attachment 400705

Should also note the boot dots are more visible than they look in that pic.
Those are easily washed with water only.

Does are easily washed with water only.

Thanks for the tip man, I did contact bbts but I suppose it doesn’t hurt to give that a shot. Yours were still worse and if you cleaned it up it should be ok. I’ll try on the boots first as if that doesn’t work I’ll need to send it back anyhow. Water definitely makes me feel more comfortable trying it out with though.

here are a few shots of HOTH Leia and some guest`s.
View attachment 400563
Great Han custom!

I wasn't planning on shipping mine from BBTS for a few weeks; maybe I should speed that up for inspection.

I was in the same position as I had her on flex from sideshow, but everyone seems to be getting her despite the dots. Figure it’s better to find out early if there’s an issue when there’s more a chance to do something about it.

My Leia arrived from Sideshow on Tues but I didn’t get around to opening her until today. I admit I was nervous after hearing about the mess of figures being delivered with spots. Opened up the box and much to my relief she was perfect! This is my first HT figure so I knew it was going to be good but wow, I am taken back by that headsculpt. Simply jaw dropping. I’m really hoping for an ESB Han to go with her as my Sideshow Han, known flaws as they were, now looks like a bobble headed troll lol.

Just got mine in from SSC and no issues with dots; wow she looks amazing! Makes the SSC Hoth Han & Luke look bug eyed. I've seen the tweaks some of you costumizers have made to the Han head, it looks great. I want to try but man is it intimidating. Anyway, Leia is great and sorry to those that had issues with spots.

A couple pics of my completed Hoth corner.

20180322_175419.jpg

20180322_173838.jpg

Is that Winnie the Pooh in the background?

OH it's Chewie... oh bother.

Love seeing the Hoth figures together! Some GREAT displays out there!

Back