Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I accidentally pulled out the interior protective frosted plastic... How did they get the suit on? Sewed it in up front?

Not a big fan of this figure to be honest I may be in the minority but it misses a few marks for me.

The prototype head blew me away. The actual result suffers a lot. A rarity for hot toys. She looks masculine, likeness is off... vacant doll eyes.

She’s a bit too stocky... could use a longer neck too.

She’s a boring figure. I’m happy to have it but the deluxe treatment , alt hair and boots for bespin escape would have been a way to make it feel less meh.

But as someone else said here or the Tarkin thread , the last Jedi could have a lot to do with why I’m just off Star Wars excitement. Heartbreaking at the risk of sounding like a fanboy it kind of ruined it for me. I think I need to stay away from the new movies and not think about Star Wars for awhile to rekindle my connection to the OT.

The face sculpt is a little too doll like and idealized for me and it lacks a lot of accessories considering the price point. Not sure what other accessories could have been added but I treasure the original trilogy so I couldn't pass it up.

Why not? First thing I usually do is take apart and reassemble my figures. See if any body mods are needed... futzing etc.

Just messing with you. I’m too afraid to do that. I think sometimes the price of these takes the fun out of it. I get them and I’m afraid to pose them that much or really check them out cause afraid to mess something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one here is "over Star Wars"... its just Star Wars burn-out. Too much for too long.

Where are those 3-year breaks when you need them?

I totally agree! I could use a genuine break. I do wonder if looking back on the last Jedi in a few years if I will feel differently about it.

I’m one of the people who had tried hard to like it but it’s just made me feel a bit icky. I can’t explain it. I just don’t enjoy it save for one or two parts about it. I loved rogue one and the force awakens. I was genuinely happy Star Wars was back.

However I’m just so utterly disappointed with the fact a solo movie is coming out that they recasted ford and the guy they did it with I kind of thinking I’m going to stop. I’ll see episode 9 but there’s no way I’ll support a young Han Solo movie ever. He’s my favorite character of all time and that is not Han Solo.

Like with justice league I never went to it and won’t ever see it. I’ve had enough of that franchise being ruined I don’t need to keep firstrsting myself and putting myself through that and just being negative about the whole thing.

Anyways sorry all for the stupid rant.

Back to the figure I do want to stress that despite my “meh” feeling about her I love that I own her. If these new Star Wars films bring me anything it’s the fact that these new additions to the HT collection are welcome after such a long period of only having bespin Luke .

No one here is "over Star Wars"... its just Star Wars burn-out. Too much for too long.

Where are those 3-year breaks when you need them?

This is why I tend to save revisiting SW films for the holiday season, since that’s when usually it seems like SW is hot. That’s usually when I tend to PO SW figures as well. :lol

Shortly after New Year’s, SW for me kind of goes on the backburner until shortly after Thanksgiving.

I’m actually looking forward to the “long break” between Solo and Episode 9. My only complaint about the Disney era is that their release schedule feels relentless.

Yes. We need more of a break between films, but Disney can’t seem to help themselves; they just have to cash in.

When 7 came out, I was pleased we’d get a new one every year.
I enjoyed the movie a lot.
Rogue One trailers hit, and I was still excited and couldn’t wait to get into the cinema to see it: loved it.
I bought nearly every Ep7 figure HT out our, but chilled a lot with R1.
Then I saw the trailer for 8, and, fir the first time I wasn’t excited for a new one.

I did not go to the cinema to see it (but I did get the poster and frame it) and I’m sure I’ll buy the BD this month.

Until reading the above comments, I hadn’t realized that I have had a bit of Star Wars overdose.

I’m unsure about Young Solo, but I’m going to watch it before judging Alden Ehrenreich’s portrayal of the character.
A lot of people were unsure of Heath Ledger playing Joker, but I didn’t judge his portrayal of the character before watching the film.

Yes. We need more of a break between films, but Disney can’t seem to help themselves; they just have to cash in.

Yeah, I think what they’re failing to realize is it’s hurting the merchandise market. 1 year is not enough to get deeper into a line of figures, companies already have to move on to the next flick.

I’m unsure about Young Solo, but I’m going to watch it before judging Alden Ehrenreich’s portrayal
of the character.
A lot of people were unsure of Heath Ledger playing Joker, but I didn’t judge his portrayal of the character before watching the film.

Not the same thing. You’ve already accepted a new Batman by that point.

I'm glad I picked this figure up, was actually going to skip it. In hand it looks amazing and the sculpt is a higher quality than the ANH figure.

Not a big fan of this figure to be honest I may be in the minority but it misses a few marks for me.

The prototype head blew me away. The actual result suffers a lot. A rarity for hot toys. She looks masculine, likeness is off... vacant doll eyes.

She’s a bit too stocky... could use a longer neck too.

She’s a boring figure. I’m happy to have it but the deluxe treatment , alt hair and boots for bespin escape would have been a way to make it feel less meh.

But as someone else said here or the Tarkin thread , the last Jedi could have a lot to do with why I’m just off Star Wars excitement. Heartbreaking at the risk of sounding like a fanboy it kind of ruined it for me. I think I need to stay away from the new movies and not think about Star Wars for awhile to rekindle my connection to the OT.

Yeah, I do tend to agree with this, though I found if you pose it with some attitude, it does help to bring an otherwise somewhat meh figure alive (not sure what makes it meh exactly - Leia Hoth was one of my fave vintage figs.) I still think the head got a bit narrowed or distorted somehow, lessening the likeness.

They really should have made this a DX with Mynock and a second head for Bespin escape. The gun this fig came with is really pretty crappy. The high gloss reminds me of Hasbro, and so does the sculpt accuracy.

I agree I wish this release had a mynock and a swap-out Bespin hairdo, but I wanted it for my Hoth display and she does look great there.

New Hoth Setup.jpg

Back