Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wide eyed zombie stare of the Hoth figure is frustrating and unfortunate- but you can mitigate it be posing her so that her face is not looking directly at you.

For me, this was the money shot that convinced me to pre-order it. All I see here is 100% Carrie.

princess-leia_star-wars_gallery_5c4d41053424c.jpg

ESB Leia head not as good as ANH Leia head...

But the ANH Leia dress is so atrocious that it ruins essentially 50% of the figure. Do yourself a favor and get Hoth Leia.

Yeah, the ANH dress is a struggle to get right. It just fights against any futzing you want to do to it. The headsculpt is great though. Captures the feisty princess really well. The Hoth sculpt can look great at certain angles and the tailoring is very nice. If you had to choose a definitive Leia, I would still go for the ANH version. It really comes down to the focus of your collection.
b6a988cb6440b35992895b0032506048.jpg
693dbdf4f1344c8c5f97ed0b256ee22c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where does one find this Coco’s dress? It doubtlessly looks superior to the stock dress, which is just utter dross. Wouldn’t the belt have to be cut to fit a new dress? I wouldn’t fancy cutting up a figure which is reaching quite a high value atm.

Where does one find this Coco’s dress? It doubtlessly looks superior to the stock dress, which is just utter dross. Wouldn’t the belt have to be cut to fit a new dress? I wouldn’t fancy cutting up a figure which is reaching quite a high value atm.

It’s in the Star Wars custom section here. He provides Velcro to reattach the belt, but points out that the belt shouldn’t be cut but separated. But the dress can also be pulled off through the belt if you don’t want to cut it at all.

Also, speaking of the value of the ANH Leia, there’s a nice deal on eBay at the moment for anyone looking to pick this up.

I’m kinda the other way on the two sculpts. While the ANH sculpt is fantastic I think the ESB sculpt just ever so slightly edges it out of top place. Can’t go wrong with either one though.

B5F928D5-0F51-4938-BAF8-6E45E1E302A3.jpeg

The eyes are the only thing that bug me a little bit about the Hoth sculpt. Like you ever hold up a sculpt and try to look it in the eyes? I can't do that with this one, staring off into something else.

And nice shot too. I feel like I'm going to regret selling this one, probably around the time that Hot Toys puts out Hoth Luke and Han and this has long since sold out.

Thanks :) It is Hot toys Han sculpt. For snow effect I did use tamiya powder snow paint, and other white paints.

Back