Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weird thing is ILM's CGI map of ANH Leia looked much more accurate when viewed straight on:

screen-shot-2017-03-24-at-80231-ampng.jpg

Makes the final shot of her so much more frustrating in R1.

ESB Han is on the level of Jedi Luke for me....

A must have...

I just hope when they do it the sculpt is decent...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is what it is. I can live with it. Still better than a lot of the CGI that is awful in the other movies. Lol

Agreed on both accounts. :lol

It was just cringeworthy and as TonTon said, I think they got a little over confident in attempting to force her in to further tie it to ANH. Didn’t harm the overall film though.

Just got the figure today. As per usual it looks better in hand and I’m happy with the figure. Didn’t realize that the neck piece wasn’t solid, can’t quite center the head sculpt on the body, which is not a big deal.
cb006a62ec6e786183b576eb9a64e312.jpg
ad67b6e93a414bd5adfd87e71fdef5f9.jpg

Same with me I got the email today too.

Glad it wasn't just me! Can't wait for this figure.:panic:

Stolen from the movie discussion ages ago.
36595bf6e403439b9efe83083e5551a2.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Ok this made me laugh hard.:rotfl
Which set me up beautifully for . . . .

Good CGI is always based on...

tumblr_oigx1a66yC1uxb6ajo5_r1_540.gif

This actually made me spit coffee with a big guffaw!! In work. On my works PC keyboard.
Not good.

Why did Leia even have to turn around? Would have been so much better if you hadn't seen her face. I nearly shat myself when she did.

I had that same thought. They should have just shown her back as she said her line. It's not like we wouldn't know who it was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Is it really easier to render a person as opposed to casting someone who looks like Carrie Fisher at 19?

Did they use Carrie's daughter as a stand in? If not, I'm sure there's plenty of girls out there that look close enough... hell, use CGI to tweak the person then like they did with the more successful Tarkin, don't render the whole thing. You know these CGI things have a short shelf-life.

I was fine with Tarkin all the way though then when Antilles went into the room I think I actually said out loud to myself ‘Dont turn round, don’t turn round’... I’d have been happier with just hearing the voice say ‘hope’.

A side profile, little turn of the head without revealing the face behind the hood - building a little mystery - would have been a more effective trick. The line "Hope" looking out to the stars would have been a more effective final shot too.

I very much enjoyed Tarkin's return. He was a big plus for me, and on repeat viewings. I thought he looked better than Vader, who seemed a bit clunky.

Didn’t think Tarkin was gonna have a big role like he did. Thought maybe an appearance. I was wowed with just the initial reflection - then he turned around! Great moment in the film for me. The Leia bit coulda just stayed a rear view and I woulda been happy. Not as amazed when they revealed her face - not enough post time perfecting her cgi bit.

Didn’t think Tarkin was gonna have a big role like he did. Thought maybe an appearance. I was wowed with just the initial reflection - then he turned around! Great moment in the film for me. The Leia bit coulda just stayed a rear view and I woulda been happy. Not as amazed when they revealed her face - not enough post time perfecting her cgi bit.

Probably right about the time factor, but kudos to ILM for doing it. I think I read that ILM prides themselves on doing the impossible. Most probably one of the things which started the company with George and his vision of effects. So I guess yes, they didn't need to do Leia but it's a bit like Everest. It's there to be climbed.

Back