Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people say Lee-ah
Some people say Lay-uh
Which one are you?

tumblr_omh03n9AEh1vhel8co2_400.gif

She tells Lando her name when they land on Bespin. "Lay-uh" You'd think she'd know how to pronounce her own name.
The only one who pronounces it different was Tarkin to the best of my knowledge. And he may have mispronounced it to get a rise out of her or demean her. Maybe make her sound more like a kid trying to play diplomat with the grownups.

The old guy on Yavin (Dodonna, thanks Wookieepedia!) also pronounces her name like that. ANH had a few weird pronunciation spots - like the Millennium "Fahlcon".

The old guy on Yavin (Dodonna, thanks Wookieepedia!) also pronounces her name like that. ANH had a few weird pronunciation spots - like the Millennium "Fahlcon".

Yup. I remember that now. Thought there might have been somebody else.

By then though she had stopped the faux British accent from ANH.

True. That was her "Senator speaking to the Senate voice". Her mom did that too. Speaking in two different accents at two different times.

This figure is up at ToyWiz too for those who didn't get a pre-order at BBTS & don't want to pay a down payment.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Surprised there wasn't more pics of this one from SDCC and the few we did get weren't the best tbh.

Back