Hot Toys 1/6 - Hellboy (2019) MMS527

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else having trouble with the wrist peg on the left arms. Mines tend to come out during posing almost as if the peg isn't secure enough.

I mean that It comes off easily. I don't want to add anything into the arm and have trouble with it later.

Sorry what I mean is a little piece of tape on the plug that goes in to the arm just to firm it up. It wouldn?t be seen as it would be inside the joint.
Just my thought on it.
In the past I used thread to tighten a joint.

You could also do what I do for loose joints. Add a coat or 2 of clear nail polish hardener to thicken up the joint or socket. Since it's clear you don't have to worry about seeing something unsightly like tape or blue tack. Or if buying nail polish is a little much, I know some Transformers collectors use Vallejo Reducer to tighten up joints. I can't vouch for it as I've never used it though.

https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/product/hobby/premium-rc-color/reducer-62066/

Last edited:
Thanks for your input guys. But seems the issue is the peg will pop off when bending the arm almost like it pushes it out from friction. Thankfully it's not a big deal as it's still secure when left in, now it's more so about just posing the arm before placing the wrist peg in.

New guy is just amazing ! And the old guy is still amazing ! 1E4E1825-0424-4440-881A-25E9581355E9.jpeg

Just some art from Hellboy and the B.P.R.D comics this figure is just so great I wonder if HT would ever do a Comic inspired version for fun. I'd lose it if so. Lol 4b246443322f36ca946f9ec7613b1db7.jpg33084111aecd035530b252e4c92b5164.jpg

That's the exact kind of custom sculpt I'd like for this figure. So much better than either of the live action Hellboys while still being realistic.

It would be awesome if they added Injustice 2 in the VGM line. Hellboy looks really good in the game, same with the Ninja Turtles, Hot Toys figures would be excellent.

Injustice2-HELLBOY-wallpaper-mobile-97.jpg
ss_7584fef1348f88f05d3d7cf69007742809423f32.1920x1080.jpg

I thought I'd get the Mezco One:12 Hellboy as a placeholder and consolation prize while saving up for the Hot Toys version, but now that I have the Mezco figure in-hand, I am utterly content.

Are aspects of the Hot Toys version superior? Certainly. The detail on the face, for example. But firstly, I do not think any of these details are so superior as to warrant three times the cost of the Mezco figure, and secondly, some aspects of the Mezco figure look better, at least to me! (The rosary beads, for example.)

Two heads, two pistols, a bunch of hands, good articulation, all for $80. Not trying to talk anyone out of the HT figure, 'cause I love Hellboy and it's a great figure and I want it to succeed. But for those of you on a budget or on the fence, there is a nice, affordable alternative.

I thought I'd get the Mezco One:12 Hellboy as a placeholder and consolation prize while saving up for the Hot Toys version, but now that I have the Mezco figure in-hand, I am utterly content.

Are aspects of the Hot Toys version superior? Certainly. The detail on the face, for example. But firstly, I do not think any of these details are so superior as to warrant three times the cost of the Mezco figure, and secondly, some aspects of the Mezco figure look better, at least to me! (The rosary beads, for example.)

Two heads, two pistols, a bunch of hands, good articulation, all for $80. Not trying to talk anyone out of the HT figure, 'cause I love Hellboy and it's a great figure and I want it to succeed. But for those of you on a budget or on the fence, there is a nice, affordable alternative.
If you going to compare a 1/6th collectible vs a 1:12th one, then yes it's far superior then the Mezco. Trust me I have both and love the HT figure. But the Mezco figure is indeed a good figure for it's scale. If you can't buy the Hot toys figure, the Mezco one is definitely a must but if your going with a smaller scale Hellboy I prefer the 1000toys Hellboy over the Mezco, as that's the straight comic version. That's just me I have all of them. Lol if you can get it or do payments for the HT do so, because this guy will be gone and when it is people will be hunting him down in the secondary market.

That's the exact kind of custom sculpt I'd like for this figure. So much better than either of the live action Hellboys while still being realistic.

It would be awesome if they added Injustice 2 in the VGM line. Hellboy looks really good in the game, same with the Ninja Turtles, Hot Toys figures would be excellent.

View attachment 506786
View attachment 506787
If Hot toys dove into this line I'll buy the majority of characters like Batman, Superman, Red Hood etc. Hellboy for sure would be on my list I'd lose it. Especially now that HT made a good seamless body like how we go with this. I would probably change the coat out to more comic accurate one (would probably even buy and use the current coat from this figure and dye it khaki tan, and sow the B.P.R.D patch on the right arm) Having a comic version of Hellboy in 1/6th is a dream come true. But we take what we can. Lol

If Hot toys dove into this line I'll buy the majority of characters like Batman, Superman, Red Hood etc. Hellboy for sure would be on my list I'd lose it. Especially now that HT made a good seamless body like how we go with this. I would probably change the coat out to more comic accurate one (would probably even buy and use the current coat from this figure and dye it khaki tan, and sow the B.P.R.D patch on the right arm) Having a comic version of Hellboy in 1/6th is a dream come true. But we take what we can. Lol

I didn?t even know Hellboy was in this game. Now I definitely need to play it.

As far as comics accurate, I saw that Sosotoys are making a comics Green Goblin so maybe that will push Hot Toys to start making more comic book figures. If not, there's always hope that Soso would make a comic accurate Hellboy.

I didn?t even know Hellboy was in this game. Now I definitely need to play it.

As far as comics accurate, I saw that Sosotoys are making a comics Green Goblin so maybe that will push Hot Toys to start making more comic book figures. If not, there's always hope that Soso would make a comic accurate Hellboy.
That's assuming SooSootoys even care about Hellboy.

Back