1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is fat suit removed?
Can you remove it without damaging, cutting, or otherwise altering anything?

you do need to cut/pry the glue from one side of his crotch plate to remove it. the silver studs on the sides are functional pegs that hold front and back together with glue added. i used an exacto knife to cut into the bond between the overlapping plastic and carefully wiggle the knife to break the glue bond until i could separate by hand. if you do it right, the silver stud peg will be left intact and you likely won't need any glue to put it back together. other than that, its just a couple of straps and velcro to undo to get the flight suit and then fat suit off.

Wonder Twin powers activate....

Form of a Hot Toys.....
Form of a Sideshow.....

Well atleast I finally got one picture the right way

IMG_6144.jpg
IMG_6149.jpg

mike, did you just use regular RIT dye? I've been searching high and low for the right poly dye since I assumed the regular RIT dye wouldn't work for the flight suit material.

HI Guys, Sorry my error , it was actually DYLON brand China BLue . for some reason i thought it was RIT

40628743_1959110317444460_3010713027285614592_n.jpg

So the process of redying the suit is simple.

I used Dylon Brand China Blue . I put some water into a pot and boiled it . I added the dye mix to the water . Make sure before dipping in the water the dye is mixed ( Like when making Jelly/ Jellow ) .

Dip the clothes in and sit for a few minutes. once the dye appears to be working , take the clothes out and squeeze the water out . Dry them with a hair dryer . Once happy with the shade of blue, leave it ( use screen reference to compare ) . If you find its too blue, just wrinse the clothes under hot water and the excess dye will come out and will be lighter.

Ensure you do the same with the pouches on the belt as they should be done in a similar shade. Hope this helps!!

40628743_1959110317444460_3010713027285614592_n.jpg

40622448_1958372314184927_3968287380477050880_o.jpg

Also forgot to add, once the suit is dyed , you will need to weather it . I used TAMIYA Soot weathering set for mine. I did the cape as well as it was too clean looking

you do need to cut/pry the glue from one side of his crotch plate to remove it. the silver studs on the sides are functional pegs that hold front and back together with glue added. i used an exacto knife to cut into the bond between the overlapping plastic and carefully wiggle the knife to break the glue bond until i could separate by hand. if you do it right, the silver stud peg will be left intact and you likely won't need any glue to put it back together. other than that, its just a couple of straps and velcro to undo to get the flight suit and then fat suit off.

FYI: you don’t need to cut/break apart the cod piece. It is an easy fix if you do. Instead, after you remove the rest of the armor, heat the cod piece up with a hair dryer and slide it off with the jumpsuit at the same time.

so is the ss or HT blaster pistol accurate? wasnt seen in movie so i guess its hard to tell, love fett experts opinion pls!

also any poses/pics with pistol yet? love to see that! is bad ass with rifle bur having option to pose with pistol is a sellin point for me i think.

so is the ss or HT blaster pistol accurate? wasnt seen in movie so i guess its hard to tell, love fett experts opinion pls!

also any poses/pics with pistol yet? love to see that! is bad ass with rifle bur having option to pose with pistol is a sellin point for me i think.

Posted this on the other thread - here’s both together. HT is accurate to the original Pulce 40 spear gun prop. Not sure where the design for the SS one came from, anyone know?

AA82A206-47DD-403A-904E-16A7CE97E3BC.jpg

6D4CD868-9DC7-4074-ABB5-EC7CAF4274AB.jpeg

awesome thks! :hi5:

interesting cuz mafex emp boba also has that ss style one so must be gettin that idea from somewhere, maybe they were lookin at concept art for emp?

Are you sure? On FB someone said they are supposed to be on the belt and his is.

It belongs on the belt, but that's not where Hot Toys is putting it. I undid the top buckle (hard as hell to do) of my Fett's red belt and moved the holster to the ammo belt where it belongs. Person on facebook must have moved theirs, as well.

Excellent job, mikesgtrs. You nailed the shade perfectly.

Thanks mate!

Since the Sideshow Fett, ive done mods on nearly all my Fetts, i dont think any stock fett is perfect , the hot toys one came really close though.

The main issues being , the flight suit colour ( sideshow got it almost 100% ) Helmet Visor is too wide on both Sideshow and Hot Toys and my main gripe with the hot toys one, the right arm guantlett is missing the PVC hose. I might have a fix for that .

It belongs on the belt, but that's not where Hot Toys is putting it. I undid the top buckle (hard as hell to do) of my Fett's red belt and moved the holster to the ammo belt where it belongs. Person on facebook must have moved theirs, as well.

First thing I did even before futzing. Just looked wrong when I pulled him out of the box. Easier to undo redbelt and slide holster off instead of messing with those gold plugs twice.

Back