Hot Toys 1:6 - Alien Girl- new Hot Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it looks great, i love the look and the base.....

i think she would look great with other Alien Sixth Scale stuff that might come out...

Sort of reminds me of a old school figure back when i was a kid that had a guy in a alien or alien mech suit, its been awhile so i cant quite remember...

or another baby from Ripley Banging a alien again lol.

i would get this is i were not so hung up on my precious Star Wars and the Glorious merchandise Hot Toys is pushing out faster then my credit card can keep up with.

i can't wait to see the review and in hand opinions of this figure, hope you all enjoy her who get her!!!!! :rock2

i think it looks great, i love the look and the base.....

i think she would look great with other Alien Sixth Scale stuff that might come out...

Sort of reminds me of a old school figure back when i was a kid that had a guy in a alien or alien mech suit, its been awhile so i cant quite remember...

or another baby from Ripley Banging a alien again lol.

i would get this is i were not so hung up on my precious Star Wars and the Glorious merchandise Hot Toys is pushing out faster then my credit card can keep up with.

i can't wait to see the review and in hand opinions of this figure, hope you all enjoy her who get her!!!!! :rock2

The toy was my favorite lol

he was so awesome, I wouldn't mind hot toys doing something like this

C3868P0043.jpg

The toy was my favorite lol

he was so awesome, I wouldn't mind hot toys doing something like this

C3868P0043.jpg

OMG THATS IT!!!!

i know they are **** compared to today's figures with articulation and detail, but the Alien line back then was definitely one of my favorites! And the comics to go with it all were a blast.I even had Batman vs aliens and predator comics.

I overall enjoyed Prometheus and am very glad a new Alien and Prometheus are coming out.

If a full Sixth Scale Alien Queen came out i think i'd be forced to get it >.<

I hated that figure^ However I was a completist so I bought him. OK more likely I asked my mum to buy him for me. :lol

What I really wanted though was what NECA is giving us now - actual movie-based figures.

On one hand, this is stupid as hell since it only delays production of actual Alien movie characters. On the other hand, this is right up H.R. Giger's alley. The Space Jockey gun is a neat idea. Very cool defeated Queen base that could be used for other figures.

Nice to see people posting who are actually into the figure and not just here to lambaste anyone interested in the piece. The price is a tad higher than I expected, though I hadn't heard any previous inklings, so maybe it's lower than most thought! They did completely design the body just for this piece, so that's a big part of it. Plus the base! Still a lot cheaper than the Samurai Predator I bought years ago, which is one of my favourite Hot Toys to date. $350 was insanity back then, but it was more than worth it. I would've had some major regrets had I not picked him up.

I personally love the silver hair/teeth look, but it's all good if some don't. I don't think they'll make another Alien Girl, but it'd be pretty awesome if they did a couple of more like some of the pictures that have been posted. I wouldn't mind a shelf with a few of these on it! I do wish she had a name, or a bit of backstory built into her. Even just a paragraph.

Ah well, for now I shall call her Xenora. :)

As a woman and die-hard Aliens fan, this figure is like a double slap in the face to me.

HT: "Hey, you want new versions of Xenos, Ripley, Colonial Marines, and maybe Prometheus figures? Too bad! You get this cheesecake anime pinup with no basis in lore instead."

HT:"You want figures that don't portray women as walking sex dolls? Too bad, and get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich." (I know there are many companies besides Hot Toys that are guilty of this, but it's still shameful.)

I cannot imagine why they thought this figure was a good idea when there are so many great characters/creatures in the Alien universe still waiting to be made into figures. Color me disappointed.

Now to sit back and await the inevitable knee-jerk "sex sells" rebuttals.

Nice to see people posting who are actually into the figure and not just here to lambaste anyone interested in the piece. The price is a tad higher than I expected, though I hadn't heard any previous inklings, so maybe it's lower than most thought! They did completely design the body just for this piece, so that's a big part of it. Plus the base! Still a lot cheaper than the Samurai Predator I bought years ago, which is one of my favourite Hot Toys to date. $350 was insanity back then, but it was more than worth it. I would've had some major regrets had I not picked him up.

I personally love the silver hair/teeth look, but it's all good if some don't. I don't think they'll make another Alien Girl, but it'd be pretty awesome if they did a couple of more like some of the pictures that have been posted. I wouldn't mind a shelf with a few of these on it! I do wish she had a name, or a bit of backstory built into her. Even just a paragraph.

Ah well, for now I shall call her Xenora. :)
I feel that regret. I wanted that one but never pulled the trigger.

I'm gonna preface this with saying I have no interest and will not buy this as I am waiting for a new Xenomorph release. But, why all the hate? How is this any different than what Kotobukiya has been doing forever with their bishoujo line? If you don't like, don't buy it. I don't see the big deal.

I feel that regret. I wanted that one but never pulled the trigger.

Yeah, it was so pricey back then, but it was just beautiful. I pulled the trigger not long before it sold out, and as soon as I opened it I was in love. It's gorgeous. I'm sure this one will have some great details and looks to it as well, and while edition sizes tend to run higher now, it'll still sell out at some point, so I'd rather not regret missing out on it.

I'm gonna preface this with saying I have no interest and will not buy this as I am waiting for a new Xenomorph release. But, why all the hate? How is this any different than what Kotobukiya has been doing forever with their bishoujo line? If you don't like, don't buy it. I don't see the big deal.

:exactly::goodpost:

You know, even if they eventually release Ripley there is no way I'd be able to purchase her. The pricing on these have gotten ridiculous

You know, even if they eventually release Ripley there is no way I'd be able to purchase her. The pricing on these have gotten ridiculous

I think Ripley would be more in the realm of $230 or so...more Avengers line pricing. I'd have to think that. It's possible she could be higher, but I think most of these artist rendition figures are higher because sculpts are made completely just for the one figure, whereas Ripley would have a regular Hot Toys female body being used.

I suspect that a lot of people, myself among them, got really excited at the news of a new Hot Toys Alien release, then felt hugely let down when they saw that it wasn't actually a xenomorph or Alien series character. I think at least some of the backlash is justified for this reason. The rest is largely just venting of frustration. Ultimately, the people who like the Alien Girl figure will buy it, and the people who feel as I do won't.

I just don't understand why Hot Toys decided to devote the resources to make this figure, which clearly only appeals to a niche market, when a revamped Ripley, Hicks, or Alien would have had virtually all of us ready to open our wallets.

I suspect that a lot of people, myself among them, got really excited at the news of a new Hot Toys Alien release, then felt hugely let down when they saw that it wasn't actually a xenomorph or Alien series character. I think at least some of the backlash is justified for this reason. The rest is largely just venting of frustration. Ultimately, the people who like the Alien Girl figure will buy it, and the people who feel as I do won't.

I just don't understand why Hot Toys decided to devote the resources to make this figure, which clearly only appeals to a niche market, when a revamped Ripley, Hicks, or Alien would have had virtually all of us ready to open our wallets.

They've already got a Ripley figure that they showed last year at SDCC. There's GOT to be a reason that it's not gone up for PO yet, be it Weaver not agreeing to the end product, or some other type of issue. There's 100% no way that Hot Toys doesn't want to release that figure. It's not like they're laughing at fans who want Ripley or Hicks while they release Alien Girl...they KNOW Ripley would sell huge to Alien fans. They already had Alien Girl in the works long ago, and now they're just finishing her off.

I have no doubt that when Ripley is able to be put up for PO then Hot Toys will jump at the chance to do so. She wasn't even at SDCC this year, so I'd have to think something got mixed up behind the scenes that has delayed her release. Nothing to do with choosing to make this figure first, or not give fans what they want.

Back