Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
_1070734_zps47mfnr8n.jpg

My attempt to a "classic" pose:
bobaP1050669.jpg

One question: any other people also underwhelmed by the paint job on the helmet ? The scratches don't really look like scratches and don't shine enough IMO, it doesn't look weathered in the end. I am disappointed after seeing so many good prototype pictures

Final Boba helmet:
bobaP1050662.jpg

Prototype pictures:
902313-boba-fett-008.jpg

There were a couple of encouraging posts :) so I'll add some more pics of my repaint.
Big thanks to Rubio for giving me tips on how the figure comes apart. It made painting so much easier!

I began by disassembling most of the figure into its main components. Here are the unaltered pieces.

After that, I went a bit further and removed the torso armor from the vest. This is a more permanent mod,
as the pieces have to be glued back on. I also disassembled the helmet. It's really amazing how many pieces
go into this figure! Even the dark "lens" on the left chest plate is removable. I gave everything a nice coat
of Tamiya fine surface primer.

Since I'm a prop guy, I have a lot of nice quality Polly Scale paints, many of which were the colors used on
the original props. I mostly used those colors for my palette, along with a handful of other brands. Here are
some pics of the finished figure.

I airbrushed the base colors on, using light coats to build up the color and leave things a bit uneven. Details
were added using a couple of light shades of colored pencils. I even added the black spatter seen on the green
armor parts using a very thinned down mix of flat black.

Here's a closer look at the spatter, including some that I dotted on with a 10/0 brush.

On all the parts, I got things as close as I could to the reference photos I have of the ROTJ suit instead of
the more "impressionistic" paint job that Hot Toys went with. Here are a couple of shots of the knee and
shoulder armor. The stains and darker spots were done with colored pencils.

I even added the colored rings on the knee darts.

The gauntlets received a dark wash, then the silver damage.

Another couple of shots of the helmet. This was really challenging to paint! Everything is so small, LOL.

So that's my mod! It's a great figure to begin with and makes a really impressive part of my collection. I just
wanted things to look more like ROTJ than a stylized version. Thanks for looking.

I think I'll be getting one of these dudes in a week or so when my tax returns hits the bank. Very nice figures.

I wanna know one thing before I pull the trigger. Does the visor look better in hand? Some of these figures seem to have better visor shape than others (meaning: like it looks in the film). Is it the angle? I can't tell. I figured at this scale and price it would be damn near perfect. What say you?

I would say it stands by its own if the pose is pretty stable but it seems to me that it's not as good as 1/6 figures. I would not risk to leave Boba on my shelf without any kind of support to be honest...

Hi everyone,
i got my HT Boba Fett some days ago and i think its really a great piece.
But i have one thing im not sure if its normal or not. The chest armor on the right side (looking from the front of the figure) has a gap.
On the other side it fits perfect.

uploadfromtaptalk1455449581592.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455449588596.jpg

Would be great to get some feedback if this is normal or not.

Back