Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PHASE ONE: Haters
Ah c'mon. It's obviously got some inaccuracies on the helmet shape. Some of the guys one here spot stuff that I wouldn't notice in months of looking at a SW helmet.

But first thing even I noticed when I saw pics this morning was that the visor looked weird. It's a beautiful figure no doubt, but the visor is his face so to speak.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Maybe im late to the party but why does he come with the sidearm? Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure he only had it in esb and not rotj.

Straightened out:
image2.jpg

Sigh....Even I'm puzzled by this. The helmet has a few problems. The visor, in general, is misshapen, as others have said. The overall shape is a bit off, as well, including the flare on the sides. Why is this damned helmet so hard to replicate?

What's even more puzzling to me is the paintwork. When the prototype was first shown, I figured that the accuracy would improve exponentially. Their color choices are pretty close, but the details/weathering are POOR. And that's even more odd considering that the 1/6 Hot Toys Boba Fett looks MUCH more accurate. In addition, the details on the back of the helmet should be red, not silver, and the rangefinder has an additional piece on the underside that is present on the ESB helmet, not the RotJ.

At this scale, I would think that fine details would be much easier to replicate on a character like Boba Fett.

The sidearm has no business being included with this figure. The exclusive should've been an ESB-painted helmet.

This is...a little disappointing.

All-around, the Medicom helmet is still the only one to get the overall proportions close (though Marmit was close, as well).
002.jpg

Major lol at being actively bothered by the sidearm gun being included as a bonus. As if because we didn't see Boba have it in Rotj he shouldn't have. Why? I suppose we are making up a story where he decided after esb that the gun had coodies? It's a gun Boba Fett used. This is a Boba Fett figure. It's almost as if people consider the esb and rotj versions to be different characters because of small changes to the costume. Star Wars fans, sucking the fun out of Star Wars since 1977. ;)

Major lol at being actively bothered by the sidearm gun being included as a bonus. As if because we didn't see Boba have it in Rotj he shouldn't have. Why? I suppose we are making up a story where he decided after esb that the gun had coodies? It's a gun Boba Fett used. This is a Boba Fett figure. It's almost as if people consider the esb and rotj versions to be different characters because of small changes to the costume. Star Wars fans, sucking the fun out of Star Wars since 1977. ;)
Agreed.

Buy or don't buy.

I'll enjoy mine in that meantime.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Yeah Star Wars fans are not very appreciative of anything. Overly picky especially about props, figures etc. Just be thankful it's such a prominent franchise where we get regular releases. Nothing is or can ever be perfect and being overly picky about certain bits on figures is almost as tedious as prequel hating conversations. Just enjoy merchandise for what it is and if you don't like it, spend your money on something you do like. Everything always seems to be ripped apart on here with ridiculous expectations when figures are released. That's my opinion anyways

I see this thread loosing it's mind very quickly (if threads actually had a personality ie. like most Marvel threads, they would be Bi-Polar (no harm intended to anyone suffering from mental illness).

One thing is certain: Star Wars and all related threads bring out the most critical/passionate collectors.

Keep the in-hand photos coming!!

Agreed.

Buy or don't buy.

I'll enjoy mine in that meantime.

Yeah Star Wars fans are not very appreciative of anything. Overly picky especially about props, figures etc. Just be thankful it's such a prominent franchise where we get regular releases. Nothing is or can ever be perfect and being overly picky about certain bits on figures is almost as tedious as prequel hating conversations. Just enjoy merchandise for what it is and if you don't like it, spend your money on something you do like. Everything always seems to be ripped apart on here with ridiculous expectations when figures are released. That's my opinion anyways

I think the three of you are mistaken. It doesn't seem like anyone here is sucking the fun out of Star Wars, getting ready to cancel (for those that have ordered), or being overly picky.

Boba Fett is an extremely detailed character, from hard parts to soft parts to paint. A difficult character to get right, for sure. But there is no harm whatsoever in noticing things that are off, and pointing them out. To this point, I think that the thread is moving along just fine and keeping a civil tone.

I think the three of you are mistaken. It doesn't seem like anyone here is sucking the fun out of Star Wars, getting ready to cancel (for those that have ordered), or being overly picky.

Boba Fett is an extremely detailed character, from hard parts to soft parts to paint. A difficult character to get right, for sure. But there is no harm whatsoever in noticing things that are off, and pointing them out. To this point, I think that the thread is moving along just fine and keeping a civil tone.
I can see both sides but also there is no other 1/4 fett out there aside from statues. Nitpicking in this hobby is trivial. IMO

It is civil towards eachother, not so much towards the artists that make these things. Point out a flaw? OK. That should read like this "Huh, there is a slight inaccuracy in the helmet. Go figure. Would have been cool if they nailed that part". Instead of the flamboyant comments such as "the helmt is PLAIN WRONG". Really? That's such a definitive statement considering many of the people looking at it don't have any idea what innacuracy is even being mentioned. Or "Hot Toys simply does not care about accuracy." Those statements baffle me. I think the issue here is that people want to feel like they are looking at the movie when they look at the figure. But that will simply never be the case, because it's a figure, not a movie or a memory of a feeling. Hot Toys is broaching the uncanny valley with some of their figures, where they are so damn good our brains have a hard time processing it and undermine it's authenticity to confirm that it's not actually as real as it seems.

Back