Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Difference is that Iron Man is an iconic stand alone character from a self titled movie with endless variations to the armor that Hot Toys can produce. And Iron Man was very popular from the comic books.

Bane is none of those things

Yes he was popular from the comic books but not for the casual bigger audiance, but I guess those people don't collect Hot Toys :lol

Yes he was popular from the comic books but not for the casual bigger audiance, but I guess those people don't collect Hot Toys :lol

You beat me to it :lol I just changed my post to some popularity from the comics. If he was as iconic as the Joker he would get a DX but Bane is no more popular than Ra's, Scarecrow, Two-Face, and the other rouges including the ones from the comics. They all have about the same popularity level except for the Joker. He stands above the rest.

I think the initial outcry about this figure should've been directed at the photographer.

It makes one wonder how much money HT looses becouse of poor promotional pictures. What is the real influence of promo photos on the number of actuall pre-orders? Imagine for a second if Agens photos served as the first ever glimpse of HT Bane figure. The number of pre-oders would go through the roof. And its not like photogrpahy of this kind is beyond HT reach.

Looking at the standard HT promo photography it seems like they aim for high-quality, high resolution pictures in good lighting, that showcase every detail of their products, as promo photos should. But sometimes a more - for the lack of a better word - "artsy" pictures have much more "oomph" behind them and hit with more force. They should aim for photos that are not so much focused on showcasing the product in every detail, as making sure that the pictures make the figure look awesome, that they emulate the feel of the character. Couse thats the vibe I get, when looking at Agens pics. I see Bane.

Last edited:

It makes one wonder how much money HT looses becouse of poor promotional pictures. What is the real influence of promo photos on the number of actuall pre-orders? Imagine for a second if Agens photos served as the first ever glimpse of HT Bane figure. The number of pre-oders would go through the roof. And its not like photogrpahy of this kind is beyond HT reach.

Looking at the standard HT promo photography it seems like they aim for high-quality, high resolution pictures in good lighting, that showcase every detail of their products, as promo photos should. But sometimes a more - for the lack of a better word - "artsy" pictures have much more "oomph" behind them and hit with more force. They should aim for photos that are not so much focused on showcasing the product in every detail, as making sure that the pictures make the figure look awesome, that they emulate the feel of the character. Couse thats the vibe I get, when looking at Agens pics. I see Bane.

I could see that if they really were accenting the details. The thing is, HT Bane pictures didn't even show off the details.

The veins on the head. The scar on the back of the neck. The removable body armor. The custom body underneath. Pictures with just the back brace. Hell ... they didn't even include pictures wearing the brown undershirt or the wristguard. They were only included sitting alongside.

We had to wait for Agen for the details, and for the artsy pictures.

I really wonder if the body was even complete, or whether they threw the Bane head and costume on some other vaguely muscular body. Its the only reason I can think of why they would use bad pictures with no details.

SnakeDoc

I think this is definitely one to get. I won't come with a lot of stuff because Bane in the movie didn't have a lot. Plus this is only a standard release and they don't come with much. Thing is it's no guarantee that a DX will be made. This could become like Two-Face and become a one time release and shoot up in value as time passes. Heck even Scarecrow seems to be creeping up in price. Which sucks because I need one lol but I'd say get him now if you can.

Yeah the prices on two face and scarecrow have gone up. It's probably also because the new releases of these figures. Brings back interested in the TDK line? I appreciate you guys answering my question. I read some where about the bane figure not being able to pose a certain way/Articulation?

I could see that if they really were accenting the details. The thing is, HT Bane pictures didn't even show off the details.

The veins on the head. The scar on the back of the neck. The removable body armor. The custom body underneath. Pictures with just the back brace. Hell ... they didn't even include pictures wearing the brown undershirt or the wristguard. They were only included sitting alongside.

We had to wait for Agen for the details, and for the artsy pictures.

I really wonder if the body was even complete, or whether they threw the Bane head and costume on some other vaguely muscular body. Its the only reason I can think of why they would use bad pictures with no details.

SnakeDoc

I was thinking of the same thing, too, after the comparison pics of Agen's and the old protos were posted a few posts up. You can see some differences that some may argue as "just the angle", but I think the arms and even the handsculpts are not what eventually came in the box of the final product. The pants on the proto, too lack some details that were added to the final product.

All in all I'm just glad that this figure turned out really great. It's an example that proves that accessories or a "DX" tag on the box does not make the figure. it's the presence it exudes on its own.

Agen...thank you so much for sharing your photos here...it's not just your photography skills that make your shots so amazing...it's your work at manipulating and posing the figure itself...pull the best out of it for your shots... stunning work, sir...stunning!

I can't wait for this one to arrive....but I'll keep coming back to your great shots here until it does...

Bravo, sir!

The figure looks 1000x than the proto, but I still hate those damn pants. I think they're beyond saving...

Thank you for the nice compliments, really appreciate it :hi5:

8431779033_17c83abdc5_o.jpg

MMmmm...dats nice. Fantastic pics, Agen.

Yep these pictures look really really good. Better than the ones that are posted on SSC.

Got mine tonight. Can't figure how it leapfrogged my Joker 2.0
I think this guy looks really good. Now all I have to do is find a space in the Bats display for him.

"You'll just have to imagine the fire."

tdkrbaneposter1.jpg

It wont be long till Agen will get free HT figures from HT and get to review them like OMG, I'm suspecting :D

:horror You're just showing off now:lol

Amazing pic:clap, do you have the camo tumbler PO'ed?

Amazing shots Agen. Love your photography. A little bit off topic but do you have the hot toys scarecrow? Would love to see what you could do with it.

Back