Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

God I want this figure so bad. How is Sideshow getting the City Hunter Predator before Bane and Joker? They both came out before the Predator in Hong Kong.

God I want this figure so bad. How is Sideshow getting the City Hunter Predator before Bane and Joker? They both came out before the Predator in Hong Kong.

Seriously. It's been almost a month since Bane hit the streets in HK. Is Chinese New Year really the reason we have to wait until March?

It's not hard at all.

scan0001gx.jpg

I always like to snap pics of the manual too before I store it in the box.
A lot of people on these boards have said that they don't look at the instructions but for this figure's vest they are particularly helpful.

Fantastic pics agen!!! just mind blowing how realistic they look.

I think the initial outcry about this figure should've been directed at the photographer. This ...

208912_10150938809207344_903477875_n.jpg

and this ...

8430466354_f635f141c8_o.jpg

... don't even look like the same figure.

Did they adjust the base body or something?

SnakeDoc

Your pics deserve their own thread, agen :clap

What he said haha. Agen, you are really doing great things with this figure thanks to your photography skills. Can't wait to see more. Every shot captures the life right out of the original scenes. keep it up! :clap:yess:

And thanks for the sewer backdrop!

I think the initial outcry about this figure should've been directed at the photographer. This ...

208912_10150938809207344_903477875_n.jpg

and this ...

8430466354_f635f141c8_o.jpg

... don't even look like the same figure.

Did they adjust the base body or something?

SnakeDoc

Good point. I wonder if that is the case, or if it's just the angle of the shot. I dabble in photography a bit, and sometimes the angle can be deceiving; too hard to tell though.

I think they just wanted to get proto pics out while the hype was up. The scar would have been listed in the specs, along with the custom body they are using.

I really like how thick the neck looks in Agen's pics. I can't wait to get this figure in hand. I'm more excited to get bane first then joker.

You guys think its worth getting this bane figure? It looks simple not alot of stuff comes with it. You guys think they'll release a DX version of bane?

Seriously. It's been almost a month since Bane hit the streets in HK. Is Chinese New Year really the reason we have to wait until March?

Thats the reason I've been hearing but again it doesn't make much sense as I already received my processing email for the City Hunter Pred and he was released after Bane and Joker in HK. Needless to say there is A LOT of HT figures releasing all at the same time. I bet I'm gonna get hit with Bane, Joker, and Black Widow all at the same time.

You guys think its worth getting this bane figure? It looks simple not alot of stuff comes with it. You guys think they'll release a DX version of bane?

I think this is definitely one to get. I won't come with a lot of stuff because Bane in the movie didn't have a lot. Plus this is only a standard release and they don't come with much. Thing is it's no guarantee that a DX will be made. This could become like Two-Face and become a one time release and shoot up in value as time passes. Heck even Scarecrow seems to be creeping up in price. Which sucks because I need one lol but I'd say get him now if you can.

I seriously doubt there will be a DX. There's not enough left.

Can't do an alternate headsculpt. Nothing to change. The Joker was so expressive that there are literally dozens of headsculpts they could do. Bane is expressionless ... this is the only possible headsculpt (unless they do a maskless version from that 2-second scene).

The only other costumes out there are the black jacket on top of this costume, the vest on top of the jacket on top of this costume with a motorcycle helmet, or the black shirt with these same pants from the prologue. That's not even a whole costume ... it's an accessory set, not a new figure. Not really many other accessories worth including, either.

And ... he isn't the Joker. He's not as popular. He's not as expressive. His costumes were not as varied. And, TDKR was not as widely loved as TDK.

My money is on one-and-done.

SnakeDoc

Can't do an alternate headsculpt. Nothing to change. The Joker was so expressive that there are literally dozens of headsculpts they could do. Bane is expressionless ... this is the only possible headsculpt (unless they do a maskless version from that 2-second scene).

The only other costumes out there are the black jacket on top of this costume, the vest on top of the jacket on top of this costume with a motorcycle helmet, or the black shirt with these same pants from the prologue. That's not even a whole costume ... it's an accessory set, not a new figure. Not really many other accessories worth including, either.

And ... he isn't the Joker. He's not as popular. He's not as expressive. His costumes were not as varied. And, TDKR was not as widely loved as TDK.

SnakeDoc

:goodpost::goodpost:

I 100% agree, and that is why i jumped on this a few weeks back and got mine. He may be a simple figure and not come with much, but as i've said before My god what a shelf presence.

i don't disagree with you that bane's probably one-and-done, though this is one figure for which pers would actually make sense (and therefore it would be an alternate headsculpt in some sense); but the bit about the 2 seconds made me laugh.

cop joker appeared in tdk for exactly 4 seconds (i've counted). so is that the cutoff?

: D

My god what a shelf presence.

oh hell yes.

SnakeDoc

I think it has literally nothing to do with that, if Bane sells really well a new release or a DX is a very real possibility. Whether the figure's (and film's) popularity is high or not, if it sells well they'll making them. Was Iron Man popular before the first film came out? I think not. But the film did wonderful and the figure sold really well too. And so thus began the "Hot Toys IML (Iron Man line)" as I like to call it. Sure, I think Bane doesn't and will not have the same appeal Iron Man has. But if Bane sells well I think the chances for at least one more release is very likely.

I think it has literally nothing to do with that, if Bane sells really well a new release or a DX is a very real possibility. Whether the figure's (and film's) popularity is high or not, if it sells well they'll making them. Was Iron Man popular before the first film came out? I think not. But the film did wonderful and the figure sold really well too. And so thus began the "Hot Toys IML (Iron Man line)" as I like to call it. Sure, I think Bane doesn't and will not have the same appeal Iron Man has. But if Bane sells well I think the chances for at least one more release is very likely.

Difference is that Iron Man is an iconic stand alone character from a self titled movie with endless variations to the armor that Hot Toys can produce. And Iron Man was very popular from the comic books.

Bane is none of those things - minus some popularity from the comic book of course

Last edited:
Back