Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

I thought he only had *3* months to go Bane, he still had Warrior bulk left. But that build was way to athletic so he started to eat a lot and did a lot of bench pressing to get that strong man physic.

Well according to https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0362766/ , This Means War came out after Warrior and he was very skinny and small in that but he was big in Tinker Tailor Soilder Spy and that came out before both.

He was small in Inception too. He had is Bane weight in Lawless which I believed was filmed right before he started filming TDKR so IDK!!! :panic::panic: These actors and their methods.

I think his arms are too small and his waist is too big. He's only 200 lbs. but I'm a bodybuilding fan so I am use to a more well defined physique.

(No h0mo)

Being a fan of weight lifting and bodybuilding and do some myself I still admire Hardy's physicality in the movie. One of the reasons that his arms might not be as big as they could be is that when you are trying to put on a decent amount of muscle in a relatively short period of time you cant really focus a lot on arm workouts. You concentrate mostly on your bigger muscle groups such as back, chest, and legs.

Being a fan of weight lifting and bodybuilding and do some myself I still admire Hardy's physicality in the movie. One of the reasons that his arms might not be as big as they could be is that when you are trying to put on a decent amount of muscle in a relatively short period of time you cant really focus a lot on arm workouts. You concentrate mostly on your bigger muscle groups such as back, chest, and legs.

I loved his physicality in the movie, I thought they pulled it off really well. He had a presence about him that was intimidating. I'm just saying, for me personally, I'll take a small waist and 'weak' over a big gut and strong any day.

lol @ some of these posts.

First of all, Tom Hardy does not look like he can lift boulders lol. He doesn't look that big in the photo posted a few pages back. Traps look big, but that's it. I agree with Dark Passenger, he would've looked a lot more impressive with bigger arms and delts, but in the time Hardy had to put on size I still think he done well.

The 'form vs function' pic above is stupid, no offence to the person who posted it.

It's the old bodybuilder vs powerlifter argument. Yes, Bodbybuilding is an aesthetics sport and you are judged on appearance only, but you still need to lift heavy a$$ weights to look that way! Just because you are lean it doesn't make you weak, that's silly. Whilst a bodybuilder will not be as strong as a Strongman, they are still damn strong! Ronnie Coleman, an IFBB Pro bodybuilder can squat 800lbs, not exactly light.

lol @ some of these posts.

First of all, Tom Hardy does not look like he can lift boulders lol. He doesn't look that big in the photo posted a few pages back. Traps look big, but that's it. I agree with Dark Passenger, he would've looked a lot more impressive with bigger arms and delts, but in the time Hardy had to put on size I still think he done well.

The 'form vs function' pic above is stupid, no offence to the person who posted it.

It's the old bodybuilder vs powerlifter argument. Yes, Bodbybuilding is an aesthetics sport and you are judged on appearance only, but you still need to lift heavy a$$ weights to look that way! Just because you are lean it doesn't make you weak, that's silly. Whilst a bodybuilder will not be as strong as a Strongman, they are still damn strong! Ronnie Coleman, an IFBB Pro bodybuilder can squat 800lbs, not exactly light.

I got all defensive until I read you agree with me. :lol

I totally agree with you. I don't think Hardy had a 'powerful' looking physique. From a movie making standpoint, bigger arms and shoulders would have been more visually appealing while his traps were covered in a bulky vest.

I don't think most of these posters have seen bodybuilder type physiques. I'm not talking some skinny movie star with abs.

Of course he can't lift boulders, do you think that I actually think Tom fights bears on mountains? Of course he doesn't, Tom Hardy is an actor, he "pretends". I sure do believe however that *Bane* CAN lift boulders. You can make it seem that you *can* lift boulders, you can make it seem that you are incredibly strong. And I think Hardy did that. He looks like a tank in Rises. And there is a clear difference between training to lift heavy *** weights and heavy *** boulders, physically. I really like the direction they went into with Bane opting for the more practical look instead of the athletic look.

No one else is talking about movie star physiques either. Bodybuilding isn't exactly an obscure sport anymore, people have seen plenty of such physiques. Would it make sense on Nolan's Bane? Absolutely not. He doesn't need to appear like he's spending time working his vanity muscles

Edit: and what Njits said.

Great pics so far, makes me want to PO him now. Bane does have pretty big trap for his body size but I'm glad his arms on the 1/6 is not any bigger as some suggest it should. Hot toys got the proportion down pretty good and I'm satisfied.

Of course he can't lift boulders, do you think that I actually think Tom fights bears on mountains? Of course he doesn't, Tom Hardy is an actor, he "pretends". I sure do believe however that *Bane* CAN lift boulders. You can make it seem that you *can* lift boulders, you can make it seem that you are incredibly strong. And I think Hardy did that. He looks like a tank in Rises. And there is a clear difference between training to lift heavy *** weights and heavy *** boulders, physically. I really like the direction they went into with Bane opting for the more practical look instead of the athletic look.

I completely agree with this. I'm glad Nolan didn't go for this bodybuilder look. It woudnt have looked realistic. He wasn't supposed to look like a bodybuilder with big perfect arms he was supposed to portray someone that took names and conducted destruction with brute strength.

Well, the production crew did say that his physique is the kind of body you wouldn't wanna get near with (in that it's not something "pretty" to behold) so I guess they succeeded in that regard.

Time to repost!

cR2Nh.jpg

The thing is though, the bodybuilder's physique is what people expect with not only Bane but other strong guys. That physique is more intimidating than the strongman build. The muscles look bigger because they are more defined and not covered up by fat. Its the whole fact vs fiction thing. Hardy had the realistic, strong build but not the build people associate the Bane character with.

No doubt he was strong, but he was also high in body fat and in a visual medium like film, that doesn't work. The logic behind his build doesn't it through the audience's understanding. They'd have to had said something specifically for most to get it.

Personally, I'd rather look like I could lift house than actually be able to lift one :lol

I don't mind it either way, but I'm happy enough with what we got in TDKR regarding Bane's physique. It certainly gave a different impression than the usual bodybuilder types we see. Still, can't we all just get along?
tumblr_m9s8oiS9Qr1rc2vrzo5_500.png

I think the strongman competition physique was a wise choice for Bane and if anything his arms on the figure are too big, specifically the biceps

The figure's arms are too big imo. I still like the figure, but for the sake of discussion
UDSqS.jpg

Someone should take a picture of their bane posed like this:

TDKR_RobberBane_2366x1088jpg.jpg

That secondary boss pose isn't even possible, his arms only reach roughly his waist when i tried to do it. It sucks about the boss pose, but surprisingly this is one figure who looks badass straight out of the box and displayed. The pictures really don't show how awesome it is in hand even i was surprised.

What!? Man that's a bummer.... Have you tried putting on the coat with the right hand detached then put the hand in the gauntlet then shove the gauntlet in the coat sleeve?

The problem is the coats sleeve cuffs, there is not much give in them so you can't pull it over the gauntlet. The gauntlet itself is quite a thick piece with buckles on top of that. Perhaps there is a way to do it but the ways i tried i couldn't get the sleeve down over the gauntlet. I might try again tonight when i put his jumper on.

Gauntlet on or off, this figure really is a surprise his presence in person is outstanding. Once you put his jacket on he Bulks up a lot and looks great. Even without his jacket i think HT got the body right.
The traps don't bother me because i'll never display him vestless as i can't stand that break in the torse for his articulation.

I completely agree with this. I'm glad Nolan didn't go for this bodybuilder look. It woudnt have looked realistic. He wasn't supposed to look like a bodybuilder with big perfect arms he was supposed to portray someone that took names and conducted destruction with brute strength.

Yep, Nolan said him self he wanted bane to look more like a circus strongman

Back