Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

true the physique totally off, but with the coat on i think it will looks better
i decided to order this figure just for make it complete the dark knight trilogy line.
i really dont care if hot toys will be making another bane figure. i only need one figure of bane
and since i got them with $150 include with shipping .. it's good enough for me

Yeah if i get him it will be displayed with the coat on in the "come at me" pose. It seems to me his back isn't muscular enough and that his forearms look to slender. Upper arms and shoulders could use a tad more bulk but their almost right.

Any pics of this next to DX12? And any of those super exposed (toysdaily?) pics of this?

Wow can Hot Toys get away with independent moving eyes??? I thought that was a Enterbay thing on Bruce Lee ??? You would think they have a copyright on that... Anyway why is we talking about The Hulk in the Batman Bane thread???

I don't think EB can patent the individual eye movement since there is nothing proprietary about that. If any, the patent would need to be granted to one of the FX studios from way back who knows how long ago, so it's prior art now.

The reason he looks slender is because 1) the vest 2) Tom Hardy was pretending to be a big guy. The scenes from the movie are supposed to make him look bigger. He was much bigger for himself, but for Bane, not that big and I think a lot of people are starting to pick up on that. But it's not the figure's fault. That is Bane.

Lolololol. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:clap

Why the hell would I want a figure of what an actor looks like "behind the scenes"? So many people keep making excuses for figures like that...."Well actually Tom Hardy isnt that big" I dont care, I want a figure of THE CHARACTER.

Why the hell would I want a figure of what an actor looks like "behind the scenes"? So many people keep making excuses for figures like that...."Well actually Tom Hardy isnt that big" I dont care, I want a figure of THE CHARACTER.

Well I'm sure the height scale will not be Tom Hardy's so you can enjoy that

I'm pretty sure Hardy's trapezius and neck muscles are a whole lot bigger than what the figure shows. That's it for me. Those are the most defining parts of Hardy's portrayal of Bane so without those two muscle groups this figure's anatomy isn't accurate. Add that with the inaccurate costume and there's plenty an excuse not to buy this figure, regardless of how much I loved the character in the movie.

I'm pretty sure Hardy's trapezius and neck muscles are a whole lot bigger than what the figure shows. That's it for me. Those are the most defining parts of Hardy's portrayal of Bane so without those two muscle groups this figure's anatomy isn't accurate. Add that with the inaccurate costume and there's plenty an excuse not to buy this figure, regardless of how much I loved the character in the movie.

I could agree with that. However, I'll have him with the jacket or sweater on. Maybe custom sweater haha.

I didn't understand what the problem was with the figure till I saw the film and saw that Hardy had a very very specific physique. So a generic HT muscle body just doesn't cut it, he needed an entirely new one.

I've inevitably decided to get Bane, if i think the arms are too small in hand I'll swap them and I'm gonna pad the torso a little to get the look of the film a bit more.

so what are the chances Hot Toys does a 1/4 scale Bane?

Still no custom body?...ughhh I guess I'm droppin' this one :(

Very slim. He's not that iconic of a character, for HT/Enterbay to justify releasing him as a 1/4 figure..

Then again, HT's business decisions are known not to follow common knowledge or best practices (e.g. Only 2 figures from Watchmen, too much figures from The Spirit, WTF Noland)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No new pics from this guy yet?

He's not reales 'till March.

We should see more in the coming months.

i guess not much love for this figure...i just PO'd him, will display him next to batman with his jacket on, i think he looks fine as long as he's wearing his jacket

i guess not much love for this figure...i just PO'd him, will display him next to batman with his jacket on, i think he looks fine as long as he's wearing his jacket

Agreed I would like to have bane but he is not a priority like some other figures are for me at the moment. And ya there is no way to display him other than with the jacket on in my opinion. He just doesn't look intimidating or impressive without the jacket.

Back