Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Saw the movie earlier today, and while I'm probably in the minority, I feel like Bane was an amazing villain on par with the Joker.

The Joker was anarchy incarnate.

Bane was calculating and utterly intimidating. His first fight with Batman while the mercenaries watched was simply Brutal.

Can't wait to get this figure!

Wow, did Hot Toys even use reference material on this one or did they just watch the trailer once and try to do it all from memory? I mean it's not even close.

Bane-Dark-Knight-Rises-image-Tom-Hardy1.jpg

193537zi64whmsu9r91feo.jpg

I think he's saying, "I lost 75 pounds in six weeks, thanks Weight Watchers!".

In a very English Darth vader voice.

So what happening? Are you guys waiting for another release, or getting it this one or keep on giving HT pointers on their Facebook Page.

The weight doesn't bother me as much as the outfit just doesn't look quality enough. I still hold on to some hope that HT will improve the final product though.

He doesn't ship for another 8 months. Plenty of time for HT to do it right.

Saw the movie earlier today, and while I'm probably in the minority, I feel like Bane was an amazing villain on par with the Joker.

I feel the same way. :1-1:

So what happening? Are you guys waiting for another release, or getting it this one or keep on giving HT pointers on their Facebook Page.

I'm waiting. Might as well.

I've got him on order. Unlike the Joker, I don't expect multiple versions and 2.0 versions of him.

I'm guessing they will fix him. But am guessing the v2 is in the work also.

Anything TDKR related is gonna sell no doubt. I really hope before they shove us the v2 Bane, for them to give us a v2 two face first. As the old one now looks like crap compared to the 2.0 joker,dx12 bats, Kyle, gordon etc when displayed together.

Not really, Two-Face looks fine in my display. :dunno

Bane is close to on par with Joker as the best villain.

Joker
Bane
Ras
Scarecrow

Two-Face wasn't really a villain.

I'm guessing they will fix him. But am guessing the v2 is in the work also.

Anything TDKR related is gonna sell no doubt. I really hope before they shove us the v2 Bane, for them to give us a v2 two face first. As the old one now looks like crap compared to the 2.0 joker,dx12 bats, Kyle, gordon etc when displayed together.

I would also like a new Two-Face. I want to order one, but the details look so soft on the headsculpt, the suit (Tie and collar) doesn't look great, and the thumb looks kind of giant. I'll get one sometime soon if they don't announce a remake :monkey2 . Too bad I missed him when he was a clearance piece.

Not really, Two-Face looks fine in my display. :dunno

Bane is close to on par with Joker as the best villain.

Joker
Bane
Ras
Scarecrow

Two-Face wasn't really a villain.

With the ill fitted suit, HT paint job and sculpt of 2009 (they have improved significantly now), to me, he'll look subpar next to the new HT batman stuffs. Guess we both have different standards, and that's fine.

Guess you haven't watched TDKR then? How's two-face not a villain?:lol so what is he? A decent man living in indecent time who leaves everything to chances?

This fig looks okay as long as you cover his arms / have him wearing the coat. It's just his arms that really let this fig down..

With the ill fitted suit, HT paint job and sculpt of 2009 (they have improved significantly now), to me, he'll look subpar next to the new HT batman stuffs. Guess we both have different standards, and that's fine.

Guess you haven't watched TDKR then? How's two-face not a villain?:lol so what is he? A decent man living in indecent time who leaves everything to chances?

He was angry because of Rachel's death. He blames himself and Gordon's inaction. If that makes him a villain, then Batman is also a villain.

He was angry because of Rachel's death. He blames himself and Gordon's inaction. If that makes him a villain, then Batman is also a villain.

Batman didn't resort to threatening an innocent family!

Batman didn't resort to threatening an innocent family!

He wants what's fair. He said it in TDK he lost his one and only family (Rachel) and he wants Gordon to feel the same because it's fair. His fairness is further emphasized by him pointing the gun at himself as well out of fairness. And he leaves it all to chance at the flip of his coin. He's desperate and broken, not a villain.

He wants what's fair. He said it in TDK he lost his one and only family (Rachel) and he wants Gordon to feel the same because it's fair. His fairness is further emphasized by him pointing the gun at himself as well out of fairness. And he leaves it all to chance at the flip of his coin. He's desperate and broken, not a villain.

Desperate and broken is how "villians" are created.:monkey1:stick

Two Face was more like an anti-hero as opposed to an all out villain, but it's just semantics :dunno

HT have plenty of time to improve this figure and I don't see HT make variant version of him Bane not popular as the Joker.

Back