Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

I don't get how HT can get a mistake on something as simple as the colour, I mean it's gotta be an accident, right? They can't not fix something like that.

Ah okay, didn't realise :slap:lol Yeah it's annoying, so many people post on their fb page about various changes and there is absolutely no replies. I suppose we just gotta hope that they actually check it and take our opinions into consideration.

Does anyone know whether Hot Toys ever publish pictures of fixed prototypes? Or will we just have to wait till release?

I honestly don't think that it's accidental. One possible scenario would be because they made the prototype before they get their hands on the license for the character's likeness and thus changing the color is the safest workaround in avoiding any legal issues. But enough speculation, let's just wait and see.

Here's hoping :stick Anyone would agree that those proposed changes that some of us have posted on their fb page make the figure looks so much better and more movie accurate.

I don't remember instances in which they release a set of photos of the changes made to their initial prototype. And when they do do that, it's for a completely separate release. :gah:

I don't understand why so many people are complaining about Bane's stature, or his lack of venom, or why he isn't seven feet tall? Have you not seen Batman Begins or The Dark Knight? You should know by now that there was no way in hell any of those elements would be in one of Nolan's Batman films. You've seen how Nolan treats these characters. He keeps them, at their core, the same as their comic book counterparts (I.e. Bane; Batman's mental and physical equal), but he grounds them in his somewhat real world. To complain about his lack of super steroids, or that he wasn't seven feet tall is asinine. You knew from the start that those things wouldn't happen.

I know...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I honestly don't think that it's accidental. One possible scenario would be because they made the prototype before they get their hands on the license for the character's likeness and thus changing the color is the safest workaround in avoiding any legal issues. But enough speculation, let's just wait and see.

Here's hoping :stick Anyone would agree that those proposed changes that some of us have posted on their fb page make the figure looks so much better and more movie accurate.

I don't remember instances in which they release a set of photos of the changes made to their initial prototype. And when they do do that, it's for a completely separate release. :gah:

I like your idea of the avoidance of legal issues, seems probable + gives us hope that maybe Bane will be properly done before his release...unless...

Spoiler Spoiler:

But yeah, it's annoying that they never release pictures of changed prototypes :gah:

I know...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

The movie kinda killed any chance of me wanting to own this guy. I was hoping we where going to get an awesome, intimidating bad ass...like the joker...but his voice was too hilarious to pull it off.

Agreed. After watching the movie last night that killed any chance of my wanting this figure. Between his Darth Vader voice and his ridiculous stature, I'm over this villain. Why didn't they just cast some guy who was seven feet tall and use Hardy's voice? Anyway, I'll go easy on the complaints until everyone has seen this movie.

I must have seen a different TDKR than you both:slap

There seems to be some negativity surrounding this figure - have I missed something? I think it looks really good and I loved the character in the film - thought Hardy was fantastic.

I must have seen a different TDKR than you both:slap

I really liked Tom Hardy's performance, but I must admit that sometimes his voice sounded pretty funny. It was at times when Bane's voice became a little more high pitched than his usual tone

For example when he says:

"Let the games begin!"
Or when he says the word "Liberation" in "Gotham, this is your liberation"

I like your idea of the avoidance of legal issues, seems probable + gives us hope that maybe Bane will be properly done before his release...unless...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cheers.

LOLZ

But yeah, it's annoying that they never release pictures of changed prototypes :gah:

They just can't be bothered, I suppose.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

There seems to be some negativity surrounding this figure - have I missed something? I think it looks really good and I loved the character in the film - thought Hardy was fantastic.

Well, can you spot which one is Hot Toys' without reading the caption?
AyJGYYQCYAAweGH.jpg

And MOST importantly, which one would you pick?

After
Spoiler Spoiler:

this figure is in need of a better and more muscular body.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ok but anything can look amazing with a bit of computer trickery.

Wow I am truly lost. What do you mean?

You are right, it's photoshopped, but it's plausible and can be easily realized by Hot Toys because we've seen what they can do.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Interesting AND plausible! :clap

AyJGYYQCYAAweGH.jpg

And MOST importantly, which one would you pick?[/QUOTE]

Here's a slightly better version of the manip, touched up further by adam

8759e2e7gw1dv26xzz0jnj.jpg

AyJGYYQCYAAweGH.jpg

And MOST importantly, which one would you pick?

Here's a slightly better version of the manip, touched up further by adam

8759e2e7gw1dv26xzz0jnj.jpg

Hmm it looks more lifelike but imagine rotating his arms up, you'd expect the deltoids to be somewhat connected to its pectoral muscles. IMO the armpit area should remain as it was initially which does the job of selling the idea that there is no connection between the delts and the pecs.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I dont know why some of you disliked the character so much. I thought Hardy did an amazing job. And I still definitely want the figure. Although, after seeing the movie...I know now how much weathering I need to do to the clothing. And HE NEEDS TO BE MORE BULKY.

I would wait for a better fig if they even do one. I'd rather have two batmans than this rush job. Such a shame, charecter was such an awesome villain.. "but you forget, you merely adopted the dark, I was born in it.."

I dont know why some of you disliked the character so much. I thought Hardy did an amazing job. And I still definitely want the figure. Although, after seeing the movie...I know now how much weathering I need to do to the clothing. And HE NEEDS TO BE MORE BULKY.

I don't understand that either. Some even dislike the character based solely on how he sounded. Although, to be fair, if he sounded like Janice from Friends, I'd get annoyed. But he sounds cool imo.

i thought hardy was fantastic. really made bane a terrifying villain.
this figure, i dont know. i read the comicbooks and would want bane to look more intimidating.

its a pass from me.

Yes, after seeing the movie I totally agree. I dont understand why he is so skinny?

Im torn cause this could be the only fig. they make of Bane but damn,Hot Toys really whiffed on this one. Wrong body size, completely wrong outfit and a rusty looking stand. Meh, for once Im hoping that their little disclosure that the "production figure could vary slightly from prototype"is true. Head sculpts good though.

Back