Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone give me some pointers on how to fit the gauntlet under the jacket? Just got this figure yesterday and had some trouble doing it so I wanted to know if there was a certain way to do it the fastest. Thanks!

dw316 just made a post about how to do this yesterday.

Shimmy it w/ the hand w/ ball joint attached thru the coat sleeve first, then get the arm through and then attach the hand onto the arm blind, shouldn't be too hard, just gotta trial & error until you get it in there.

Basically, 1) put hand in gauntlet 2) slip gauntlet w/ hand thru the coat sleeve 3) put arm through coat and attach hand ball joint into wrist joint. Put gauntlet in the sleeve beforehand.

I'm surprised to hear so many people have problems fitting the clothing on their HTs. I don't think I've ever had to mod anything, from Bane's gauntlet to Red Skull's overcoat to DX12 on the Batpod, etc. Nothing wrong with it, just surprised to see that so many people are having a hard time with it. I personally try to avoid "changing" the stock items in case I want to sell in the future when I retire.

If I sell my Bane, it will now come with "bonus short gauntlets for easy coat-on display." It's a win-win!

I'm surprised to hear so many people have problems fitting the clothing on their HTs. I don't think I've ever had to mod anything, from Bane's gauntlet to Red Skull's overcoat to DX12 on the Batpod, etc. Nothing wrong with it, just surprised to see that so many people are having a hard time with it. I personally try to avoid "changing" the stock items in case I want to sell in the future when I retire.
I used to be like that before I joined SSF. But I mainly hang out in the customs sections and there's just so many talented members here that its hard not to get inspired to make your figures look better. Plus I typically know which figures I'm going to keep right from the start, so I don't really worry too much about resale value. And I enjoy the process now.

I loved the look of this figure when it came out. Of all the HT figs I've bought over the years, I became bored with this one the quickest; lost all interest :(

The squished nose bridge has always bugged me and I'd be happy with an upgrade with more costume options.

Would be nice even though I've upgraded a lot of his outfit myself. And as much as I like the jacket, it could be better done. The sleeves always kind of bugged me. Not because of the gauntlet but they're just a lot wider in the movie. But I don't see a new Bane happening anytime soon. I wish HT would start putting out outfit sets/upgrades.

I don't mind the missing nose bridge, even if it's not screen-accurate. To me, it just means the damage he suffered in the prison pit was that much more BRUTAL.

Yeah I'm the same way. It's not that noticeable to me. And in the movie I kind of got the impression that his nose was ripped off in the beating. Somebody from the crew mentioned in an article that there's a scene from TDKR that was cut that showed the beating in a lot more detail. I really wish Nolan would release the cut and alternate scenes from the trilogy. It was cool seeing some of the audition tapes on the new box set but I want more dammit.

Hey guys, anyone else noticed a tiny cracking between the cheeks and the mouthpiece/mask? It may not really be cracking, but the glue that holds the 2 separate pieces of the sculpt not doing its job well. Easy fix with a superglue, though, just be careful applying it so as not to have it run over the flesh.

Armless Bane

6d2cc528-5845-4a10-a137-875d5513c5ca.jpg

Just waiting on my TTM20 to come in the mail so I can harvest the arms from it.

Anyone know where I can find a Bane body for less than $100? I've been thinking about picking up a Barney Ross body instead... I already have Bane but I want to bash another figure with his body type.

Anyone know where I can find a Bane body for less than $100? I've been thinking about picking up a Barney Ross body instead... I already have Bane but I want to bash another figure with his body type.

I might be selling mine but I think the going price is more than $100.

Back