Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's going to take the broken cowl and put it on the Bruce Wayne sculpt from DX12 to make a Batman phantom of the opera style bash?

Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

It looks to be the Barney Ross body which I just got a couple weeks ago for a bash because it looks more stout than ripped and its quite a good body shape for Bane I would think.

My question is..

If they can make a new body for a lackluster character such as Perseus, what's stopping them from making one for Bane?

:lol

They learned their lesson with Perseus and don't do "fringe" licenses anymore...:rotfl
Now they maximize their investment in tooling (also known as cheap and fast) and reuse parts......:slap

Still an awesome figure! People are going to grab this once they see the movie!

WTF with spec?!
- Five (5) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) left open palm
But we see 6 hands!
251808_10150938808752344_2084976257_n.jpg

And why he doesn't wear this on photos?
One (1) dark brown shirt
One (1) pair of leather-like brown gloves
I will really like this in action...this isn't really full reveal for me...

It looks to be the Barney Ross body which I just got a couple weeks ago for a bash because it looks more stout than ripped and its quite a good body shape for Bane I would think.

It's actually not the Barney Ross body.

Using that body would make more sense that whatever they've used here (Whiplash body I think).

Who's going to take the broken cowl and put it on the Bruce Wayne sculpt from DX12 to make a Batman phantom of the opera style bash?

Brings an interesting point to mind. I'd say that the broken cowl and catwalk dio base are indicative of an MMS BD Batman? :lecture

WTF with spec?!
- Five (5) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) left open palm
But we see 6 hands!
251808_10150938808752344_2084976257_n.jpg

And why he doesn't wear this on photos?
One (1) dark brown shirt
One (1) pair of leather-like brown gloves
I will really like this in action...this isn't really full reveal for me...

I'm kind of curious about whether or not they're holding back some pics until tomorrow night...

It's actually not the Barney Ross body.

Using that body would make more sense that whatever they've used here (Whiplash body I think).

Barney Ross, Odin and Whiplash are the same torso, just slim arms on Odin.

What makes you think its not Ross/Odin/Whiplash?

Barney Ross, Odin and Whiplash are the same torso, just slim arms on Odin.

I always thought Barney body was a bit stockier :slap:lol

In any event, this needs it OWN body. I'm downloading Photoshop, i've had enough :lol

Brings an interesting point to mind. I'd say that the broken cowl and catwalk dio base are indicative of an MMS BD Batman? :lecture

That would make purchasing this figure worth it.

As it stands, I'm not sold on it.

You come at me bro with this?

HT = Hardly Tryin'

Failure.

In any event, this needs it OWN body. I'm downloading Photoshop, i've had enough :lol

:lol

Eager to see what you do.

Truthfully though, the overall body shape seems OK to me. But I'd certainly take a more accurate/unique body. The thing that bugs me most is the limited articulation in the arms because of the bicep cut -- same thing on Ross -- can only bend the elbow to 90 degrees, so its impossible to make a good "boxing" pose (if you've seen my German Mechanic you know what I mean).

For the money we spend they should sculpt every body for each figure.other companies do it wh shouldn't hot toys?they do on some figures and the prices are the same,so if they are reusing a body shouldn't it be a little cheaper?

For the money we spend they should sculpt every body for each figure.other companies do it wh shouldn't hot toys?they do on some figures and the prices are the same,so if they are reusing a body shouldn't it be a little cheaper?

Not sure it makes sense for every figure, but for characters that show alot of skin it should be done.

What companies do it?

Back