Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Mines out for delivery:panic::panic::panic: going to be a long day at work today untill i can unbox him tonight :impatient:.

Also, i believe all they did to tom in the movie was make him wear built up shoes in the scenes next to people. That was to make him appear taller as he's only a short fellow. There was no CGI involved in his muscles, look at what he did for Warrior and Bronson hes a machine when it comes to muscle building.

Great news, still waiting for mine to be released, my other package has been though and that is the DX11 :)

The cargo pants can be untucked a relatively good degree, however the zippers make it hard to futz:

100_7622.jpg

This came out pretty blurry but just to show how I am currently displaying him. :lol

100_7623.jpg

Bane and Bruce wayne...

tumblr_mgg8hqIonJ1qzoaqio1_500.jpg

When I was watching the movie the other day I was sorta falling in and out of sleep and it made me realize how friggin tall michael caine (mycocaine) is. The scene where he breaks up with bruce about burnt up rachel's burnt up letter...when they are standing in the hall you can tell alfred is a couple inches taller than bruce. I bet the cast would fit inside each other like those russian dolls.

The cargo pants can be untucked a relatively good degree, however the zippers make it hard to futz:

100_7622.jpg

This came out pretty blurry but just to show how I am currently displaying him. :lol

100_7623.jpg

Looks cool man! I found if you pull the zipper "flaps" out at the sides you can make them look even baggier. I've gotten several new releases over last few weeks and this is still the winner for me.:yess:

The pants dont look that tight.
yeah, your right, in fact everything about this figure is a lot better than you would think. The fact that the headsculpt really looks like hardy is a real achievement IMO.
Considering how much of his face we see.

Man, I need this figure! All these pics are killing us who have to wait. :(

Compared to how his pants look in the movie, it doesn't look too good at all. Way too tight. Doesn't break the figure though, it's still great.

Speaking of background music, I've been listening to this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqOcxxA8UCo

It's essentially the Bane vs Batman theme music in which the majority of the music wasn't even used (unfortunately) until the last few seconds which was only used in the final battle. Probably one of the hidden gems of the TDKR soundtrack, and I've been listening to it endlessly since browsing through this thread. :clap

This is the actual track you hear during the final wall street battle.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83rQ7vJClJc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83rQ7vJClJc[/ame]

It's from the leaked expanded OST.

For the millionth time, they used CGI to enhance his size and use of camera angles. Of course I want him bigger! Make him the way he looks in the film.

Christian Bale was thinner in the machinist, however I don't want an anorexic Bats.

CGI? no they didn't. Hardy wore special boots that made him taller and the way they filmed Bane in almost every scene was done in a way that made him seem huge. It's all camera work. They didn't even use CG to cover up his tattoo's, they used make-up for that. CG isn't really necessary to make an actor larger than others. You just need to be smart in how you film them in their scenes.

You just need to be smart in how you film them in their scenes.

exactly!

nolan does not like cgi. he uses it for some special effects only where absolutely necessary.

hardy was just hardy plus about three inches worth of lifts in his shoes when he had to be next to the other actors.

This is the actual track you hear during the final wall street battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83rQ7vJClJc

It's from the leaked expanded OST.

Oh yeah no doubt, rather I only meant to show "Imagine The Fire" since it was meant to be the conceptual theme for Bane vs Batman as a whole. Still a shame they never used it though, it has some of the best music I've heard from the soundtrack.

Bigger traps, thats all this figure needs. I really don't want my Bane to be comically beefed up. In fact I think the naturalistic, rough, un-toned physique of Hardy in the movie, only served to make the character more threatening. This gritty, rough, slightly fat, bullheaded, thick-necked, lumpish build, gave him a real agressive, neo-natzi militant look, which I believe is far more real and therefore more threatening than a perfectly toned, oiled, male model, schwarzenegger phisique. Bane in TDKR looks like someone who ows his build to a lifetime of breaking people's necks insted of running in the gym with ipod plugged to his ears.

Can't wait to get this figure.

Let's the game begin :D

letsthegamebegin.jpg

Oh yeah no doubt, rather I only meant to show "Imagine The Fire" since it was meant to be the conceptual theme for Bane vs Batman as a whole. Still a shame they never used it though, it has some of the best music I've heard from the soundtrack.

Defiantly the part where the chant goes crazy (you know what I mean) in that track is GREAT! :yess: would have really like to see that in the actual film, but alas.

Bigger traps, thats all this figure needs. I really don't want my Bane to be comically beefed up. In fact I think the naturalistic, rough, un-toned physique of Hardy in the movie, only served to make the character more threatening. This gritty, rough, slightly fat, bullheaded, thick-necked, lumpish build, gave him a real agressive, neo-natzi militant look, which I believe is far more real and therefore more threatening than a perfectly toned, oiled, male model, schwarzenegger phisique. Bane in TDKR looks like someone who ows his build to a lifetime of breaking people's necks insted of running in the gym with ipod plugged to his ears.

Can't wait to get this figure.

Your comment made me think of this:

cR2Nh.jpg

In short, Bane fights bears on mountains.

Funny you should bring that up Njits, because if I recall correctly, the production team actually described their interpretation of Bane's physique as being more of a circus strongman than a fully-toned body builder. :clap

Back