Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS18Э - TDKR Bane Collectible Doll Figure Full Specs & Pics

C90A340A-3A62-433E-BEB6-CFB5E17409B0-1472-000000C416FEC53A.jpg

Checking a few pages back and wow, so many complaints? This looks to be a huge improvement over the original prototype and while it's still not the most perfect figure ever, it sure as hell looks great. Having planned to get this figure even back then, I'm definitely glad that HT pulled through and improved on the original prototype. Kinda wished that the cover for the box art was bit more minimalist though.

Probably something like this unused teaser poster (based on Bane's mouthpiece) where they could've replaced it with "BANE" instead of "FEAR" :
dark-knight-rises-bane-mask-unused-poster.jpg

Still, the fact that my only huge complaint is the box art speaks volumes of how much I'm happy with how this turned out. :yess:

Last edited:

I'm stoked for this. Can't wait. He looks great and I bought the leather jacket in case I want to do the Rise poster

This looks great and I am very happy with the way it turned out. Now can't wait for the camouflage Tumbler to release.

Hopefully you can futz the mask up.

Also, disappointed in the lack of being able to have the fist hands go with the gauntlet attatched under his hand. (like the open hand version).

Hopefully you can futz the mask up.

Also, disappointed in the lack of being able to have the fist hands go with the gauntlet attatched under his hand. (like the open hand version).

That mask ain't moving :(
Just have to avoid displaying him in profile. The mind boggles how they keep making basic errors like this. Still, at least we got an improved body.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS18Э - TDKR Bane Collectible Figure Full Specs & Pics

The did mess up that part of the mask. I can live with it, still looks amazing

That profile shot is damn horrible.

Seb do you think it's fixable? The figure looks like it has no nose. Maybe if we sculpt onto that part of the mask and then paint it?

Actually, I think the front of the mask is pretty much innaccurately shaped, not just the nose area.

My pose will be one of these:

60273210151187748427344.jpg

40614810151187748372344.jpg

Probably the latter.

Sad, isn't it, that we have to mod this figure? The fact that people are planning mods before anyone really has it is such a shame.

Seb do you think it's fixable? The figure looks like it has no nose. Maybe if we sculpt onto that part of the mask and then paint it?

Actually, I think the front of the mask is pretty much innaccurately shaped, not just the nose area.

I think that is our best option. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Seb just needs to create an interest list for his bane heads. :wink1:

So, as Hot Toys terrorize collectors, they will feed us hope to poison our souls.

Back