Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you guys think that the licensing is expensive for this or Hot Toys is jacking up the prices because they know this will sale well?

Thank you for coming here to answer questions from CornerStore; I wish you guys would have maintained your early prices which netted both figures for $455 instead of $472 :pray:
We figured out early on that we could not afford to do that, and had to adjust it or else drop the items altogether. You gotta realize that our percentage on HT is already about half of we get on almost everything else we sell. And these are even less than that. Can't commit tens of thousands of dollars to a line and then not come up with enough profit to even pay two months rent. Just doesn't work. Sorry about that. Wish we could do more.

We figured out early on that we could not afford to do that, and had to adjust it or else drop the items altogether. You gotta realize that our percentage on HT is already about half of we get on almost everything else we sell. And these are even less than that. Can't commit tens of thousands of dollars to a line and then not come up with enough profit to even pay two months rent. Just doesn't work. Sorry about that. Wish we could do more.

no worries!! Thanks!! :hi5:

Very possible. Still, the cost is high and considering these are the lead off figs for this line who knows what the next ones will retail for. Scary thought :monkey1
Not necessarily up. If additional figures are neither DX nor require new bodies or armor, they could actually be less expensive (like Black Widow or Whiplash were.)

004744rkstfseoossj325t.jpg

I wonder in what ways the final product may be different (if at all).

Only improvements I can think of would be to have the collar be a different color on the overcoat and to widen the brim a little.

Wow these 2 are expensive as everyone else says but with every major release it's the same story...

a) People get excited about an announcement and are ready to give the world for the figure
b) Pics are leaked or taken at a show and people cream their shorts
c) Figure and price are finally announced and people complain about the high price, and say they aren't getting this and that it's ridiculous
d) In-hand pics come out and everyone jumps on the bandwagon again
e) Figure sells out no matter the price and people pay even more on the aftermarket

Moral of the story is that while people buy at high prices, HT will continue to raise the prices. They check Ebay and some boards just like any other normal human being to see what's going on, and see what crazy prices people pay on the aftermarket. Not to mention that these will sellout at any price. I remember people _____ing at Tumbler prices, but then it was selling for $1000+ and people were still buying it. I don't agree with these prices, but we're doing it to ourselves IMO. We're heading in the $300 price range soon and that's 1/4 scale territory. I just paid $279 for the bestest PF in the whole wide world !!! :wink1:

I think HT is jacking ____ up b/c they know they can.

Of course, this is the ONLY Nicholson Joker product with his licensed likeness, they know they have collectors by the balls. Even Batman, there have been products with Keaton's likeness but not a lot.

:clap
Wow these 2 are expensive as everyone else says but with every major release it's the same story...

a) People get excited about an announcement and are ready to give the world for the figure
c) Figure and price are finally announced and people complain about the high price, and say they aren't getting this and that it's ridiculous
e) Figure sells out no matter the price and people pay even more on the aftermarket

Moral of the story is that while people buy at high prices, HT will continue to raise the prices. They check Ebay and some boards just like any other normal human being to see what's going on, and see what crazy prices people pay on the aftermarket. Not to mention that these will sellout at any price. I remember people _____ing at Tumbler prices, but then it was selling for $1000+ and people were still buying it. I don't agree with these prices, but we're doing it to ourselves IMO. We're heading in the $300 price range soon and that's 1/4 scale territory. I just paid $279 for the bestest PF in the whole wide world !!! :wink1:

Perfect summary!!!:clap

It'll sell- $300 level next then Iron Monger hits $500-600 level...WE CRY THEN BUY!!!!!:hi5:

Of course, this is the ONLY Nicholson Joker product with his licensed likeness, they know they have collectors by the balls. Even Batman, there have been products with Keaton's likeness but not a lot.

Well I think there are a few factors involved but yes you are right imo. I think both pieces are priced about right. That is assuming Nicholson requires a heftier likeness royalty.

On the fence with this license. I don't care if it is Jack, Keaton, HT or the combination jacking up the price, IMO not worth $250 and $270. Unfortunate since they both look amazing but I need rationalize tossing $120 for the pair more than what they are worth. Pissing away money cause I can isn't in my nature. F you HT :wink1:

Is sad but is true.. I don't wanna imagine the price of the Iron Monger, forgetting the batmobile....

I've the Bale batman preordered, and I've decided to pass on this two pieces (it has been very hard, they're very well done..)

Upon seeing how much this figure actually cost, I became somewhat upset. The price tag of $264.99 is gnikcuf criminal for such a basic figure. At least we get part of a pirate ship and an extra face/headsculpt with DX Jack.

I could really care less about such a lame generic looking light-up base/stand. I also don't think including PERS justifies such a price increase either. This figure shouldn't cost more than $174.99 - $209.99 maximum.

The speculation about the reasons (Royalties, licensing fees, etc.) for such said unreasonable pricing is interesting and all, but holds no weight as far as I'm concerned. Johnny Depp got paid around $55 million to star in POTC4, so why doesn't his DX Edition cost $666.66 (Due to Royalties, licensing fees, etc.)?

I'd say its pure greed.

Also, why does Sideshowtoy.com have to charge 'A non-refundable, one-time deposit of US $26.00/per item (that) is required and will be charged within 24-48 hours of order placement.' when purchasing a SINGLE figure from them. That must have something to do with royalties and licensing fees as well. There are no excuses for such criminal activities.

As much as I enjoy(ed) purchasing products from both of these companies, I've recently become extremely disappointed with the companies themselves and the leadership behind them. Not to mention the epic Avatar (Jake Sully) visibly-jointed-body fail, and the attic-dwelling, fish-head-eating Afterlife Alice. It appears the level of product quality is dropping while the prices continue to sky rocket. This is why it’s such a bad idea to deal with Communist, you give them an inch – they’ll take a mile. Disgusting.

Kcuf Sideshow (Because of the deposit).

Kcuf Hot Toys (Because of the pricing).

...:::Leaves to go shopping at Wal-Mart:::…

Back