Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally disagree. If they can make the hair piece on the Bruce DX look good, they can do it for this Joker too!

I would much rather have different looks come with this one than to have to count on them making an entirely new figure, particularly a convention ex, just to get some different looks or hair styles.

But I'd bet dollars to donuts that we're gonna get another one considering all the looks that aren't represented here. I just would have liked another option to the hair and hat...particularly since the hat doesn't look very good imo, but I venture to guess HTs will improve on it.

The DX04 is a bit different though, since Lee has a shag hairdoo. That's the whole reason it works. With slicked-back hair, the forehead to hairline needs to be seamless. I don't think that can be pulled off making it a completely separate piece. It's already annoying enough there're gonna be seams in the back of the head to account for the PERS, but having it more visible from the front would further detract from the realism.

The DX04 is a bit different though, since Lee has a shag hairdoo. That's the whole reason it works. With slicked-back hair, the forehead to hairline needs to be seamless. I don't think that can be pulled off making it a completely separate piece. It's already annoying enough there're gonna be seams in the back of the head to account for the PERS, but having it more visible from the front would further detract from the realism.
I agree. Plus, the hairpieces on Thor and Alice look bad.

I hope they re-do the hat with fabric for a more accurate look, if not, I don't care. He's amazing the way he looks right now.

I hear you guys but in person, I don't think the Thor came out all that bad...i actually think it worked out better than the pics would indicate.

But I do see what you are saying about the very different hair style from the DX04...makes sense...soooooo

HOT TOYS, GIVE US TWO HEADS!!!!!

i read somewhere that joker's feet and the stand have magnets. is this true? if so i hope hot toy's starts implementing this into all of their releases.

i read somewhere that joker's feet and the stand have magnets. is this true? if so i hope hot toy's starts implementing this into all of their releases.
No. That was speculation here when people saw him on display and didn't think his DX base had the crotchgrabber support beam. But now that we have the official pics, we know that is not the case.

296209_205446192850712_138228759572456_594653_7256942_n.jpg
Something I noticed: the specs don't show the remote control, just the walkie talkie. But this 3rd party photo shows both:

Totally disagree. If they can make the hair piece on the Bruce DX look good, they can do it for this Joker too!

Disagree? Who said anything about it looking good? I never said that. I said if it had all that gimmick crap the head would feel cheap and hollow.

I didn't say anything about how it would look.

The more you add to a headsculpt, gimmick wise, the less solid the piece is and the more prone it is to breakage. That's fact.

No. That was speculation here when people saw him on display and didn't think his DX base had the crotchgrabber support beam. But now that we have the official pics, we know that is not the case.

okay thanks for the clarification. would've been nice though.

Back