Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. This.

I guess I don't understand the concern over both of these releasing the same month; with them being seven months away, isn't there plenty of time to save your pennies? If you can't save $500 by March, it's not like you're going to be able to come up with the other $250 by April/May if they were released a month or two apart.

:exactly:

I guess I don't understand the concern over both of these releasing the same month; with them being seven months away, isn't there plenty of time to save your pennies? If you can't save $500 by March, it's not like you're going to be able to come up with the other $250 by April/May if they were released a month or two apart.

Personally, I prefer them shipping the same month, as that means that we don't have to leave one or the other alone until his companion arrives.

my preorders:

89 batman
89 joker
superman
batman/bruce wayne
sparrow
captain america
indiana jones
iron man mark V
SM3 goblin

I'm actually pretty excited that they're shipping with each other. Really, I'm not looking at it from a financial angle but as a "the wait would feel so much longer if I have one before the other while waiting for the other". I mean, think about it. How often do we get two, great, completely unique characters/figures on the same day? Unless you're having the store hold orders for you, this doesn't happen too often. You're lucky if you get a different Hot Toys figure monthly.

With this, it's going to be in your face, BAM. Black and gold andpurple goodness, Batman, Joker, 1/6 figures. I mean, some of use might have to devote a whole day to opening these guys. Who the hell would complain about that?

I was actually hoping they'd ship at the exact same time but that'd never happen I said. I was wrong and what a damn great time to be wrong :yess:

Since I only really buy one or two Hot Toys figures a year, I'd actually prefer the releases be staggered, just so I can appreciate one before the other arrives. However, since I'm ordering them both together, I definitely want them released simultaneously or else one will sit there waiting until the other arrives.

Okay just a quick question here. At the end of 89' Batman, when bats is using his batwing plane, and the joker whips out that long revolver, how is it possible that a single bullet,brough down that entire hi-tec freagin plane! lol

Exactly. I Only Buy HTs If I've Got The Money In Hand.

Okay just a quick question here. At the end of 89' Batman, when bats is using his batwing plane, and the joker whips out that long revolver, how is it possible that a single bullet,brough down that entire hi-tec freagin plane! lol

The same physics system that allows Batman to spread his cape and effortlessly float from a rooftop to the ground like Superman ... rather than gliding or just dropping like a rock.

SnakeDoc

Because some idiots haven't grasped the concept of saving cash the whole 8 months before these figures ship? :huh

It's just a job and almost all actors would think the same. RDJ prolly never toched a Iron Man book in his life. :lol

No, I mean about him being furious that someone else was going to play the character. This:

Nicholson had an interview before the movie was even released saying that he felt slighted because they didn't consult him on how the Joker should be portrayed. He felt that he understood the character pretty well and wanted to have some impact on the new version. Not sure if that's what is being referred to or not.

God help me, two or three days ago I complained that I couldn't afford this, what with having five PF's pre-ordered fro Q1 2012.

I still can't. But I've ordered him anyway. And the 89 Batman too :(

That's seven on the way :eek:

I've got these two, Superman, and Cap America on order. The Batmobile is a must as well.

Well, I've got the Batman Begins 2011 Toy Fair figure on pre-order along with Cap, Superman, and these two figures. I just can't pass on any of them.

No, I mean about him being furious that someone else was going to play the character. This:

Dude, furious that someone else was going to play the character? Did you read Kara's post? He was insulted (maybe) that they didn't contact him for consulting on how the character should be played. Like asking him for input or advice. Thats all.

Back