Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eyes have it.

Attachments

• 20230118_121220.jpg
    20230118_121220.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 0
All this Joker talk got me wanting to take some photos. Looking like he just stepped out of AXIS Chemicals.

View attachment 619812
I’ve wanted this figure for years and was back and forth on the Mars toys or ponying up the cash for the hot toys
After seeing these photos I knew I wouldn’t be as happy without the hot toys so I found a pretty good deal and snagged one and it will be here today

I’ve wanted this figure for years and was back and forth on the Mars toys or ponying up the cash for the hot toys
After seeing these photos I knew I wouldn’t be as happy without the hot toys so I found a pretty good deal and snagged one and it will be here today
That’s awesome! But I’m sorry I cost you so much more money 🤣 I think you made the right call though - the Mars Toys knock-off just doesn’t do it.

That’s awesome! But I’m sorry I cost you so much more money 🤣 I think you made the right call though - the Mars Toys knock-off just doesn’t do it.
Hahaha you helped me make the correct decision ;)
This figure is a masterpiece, pictures really don’t do it justice. Now to wait till the Keaton Batman 2.0 gets released
B212151F-0981-4FD4-9A28-6BF02B281391.jpeg

You know, I didn’t believe it until I finally saw it. I have the Mars Toys and thought that it was fine given the price and how close enough it was the original figure. Then, I eventually purchased the official DX08 figure, and there really is more difference than I originally expected there to be.

but even with how much nicer the real DX08 is, I do have the Yunsil custom suit set on order to further upgrade the set. Then, I’ll eventually get one of the Mars Mob Boss sculpts repainted to the full clown make up look.

Yeah still thinks it’s one of best HT figure.
Even if DX14 gets a better likeness IMO, this DX08 still looks fantastic.
This one combined with DX09 are almost perfection.

I'm pretty satisfied with the Mars knockoff apart from the sculpt which is trash compared to the DX08.

Hopefully it looks heaps better with a repainted mob boss sculpt.

I would love a good hatted sculpt but short of a HT 2.0 or another Mars figure that's not gonna happen.

There are some older Hot Toys releases like this that just hold up incredibly well. I mean could improvements be made if a new version was made? Sure, but all in all when you consider how old this figure is it still looks great. One of the figures I wish I could track down.

Last edited:
I agree this figure still holds up incredibly well. Still, that would be no excuse for a re-issue instead of a genuine 2.0.

But there's so many Nicholson Jokers out there right now and more coming.

If that Mtoys one gets released, I can see a lot of people bashing that one into the Museum Joker.

Someone will make a small fortune with a simple satin green Joker shirt.

I doubt an official 2.0 would be made, maybe an all new one by InArt.

I'm very excited about the possibilities of this 85th anniversary. Other companies have already begun announcing plans for Schumacher films like Beast Kingdom and Iron Studios, it would be cool to see something from HT.

Back