Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have TWO Jokers? To quote Milton from Back to the Future, "Wow, you must be rich!"

:lol Well, three actually. The third is getting turned into a melty museum Joker.

I though you sold your extras, Coco?

I did but I found a couple good deals on some recently and rebought'em.

Nice setup cocoboloboy! and thanks for the pointer re the art museum joker.

:hi5:

I'm assuming that's the stock cape un-modded, Coco? Looks really good.

The one at the top is stock of course but the lower one has the lining removed and the interior darkened. Made a world of difference.

I used a couple cheap permanent markers. It's not totally black but it's plenty dark enough for display and much, much better than just leaving it gray.

SmallStudios does a bang-up job on the museum Joker paint. In fact he's doing another right now. I'd love to get him to do one for me.

Here's a pic of my 89 Batman setup so far. Only missing my own museum Joker...and maybe one more Bats. :D

Thats stunning! Gorgeous! The 89 stuff really pops compared to the current stuff. Love the pose of Joker in the middle shelf.

SmallStudios does a bang-up job on the museum Joker paint. In fact he's doing another right now. I'd love to get him to do one for me.

Here's a pic of my 89 Batman setup so far. Only missing my own museum Joker...and maybe one more Bats. :D

:clap Beautiful display right there! What is your plan for the Batmobile when it comes out?

Goddamnit. I'd kill for one of those Bob the Goon figures. I passed on the chance at an Ebay auction for one about two years back. Still kicking myself over that.

:clap Beautiful display right there! What is your plan for the Batmobile when it comes out?

Thanks! Honestly, it's so huge and expensive and I have the 1:18 scale version which I love that I'm not sure I'll be getting it yet.

Goddamnit. I'd kill for one of those Bob the Goon figures. I passed on the chance at an Ebay auction for one about two years back. Still kicking myself over that.

I've got plenty of parts for more of them. I just have to find the time to put another together.

I want your Goon.

My Museum Joker..

1-46.jpg
2-42.jpg

4-23.jpg

I still think that Hot Toys could have included that head with the messed up paint, the museum tie and a beret with this set at least.

WOW!!! That museum joker is amazing!!!

:duff .....................

I still think that Hot Toys could have included that head with the messed up paint, the museum tie and a beret with this set at least.

yup, totally agree, but I still totally love the DX package as it came, it and 89 Batman I think are my fav Hot Toy releases to date, even if they are light on accessories.

My DX09 Batman is possibly my favourite (joint 1st with Christopher Reeve Superman), especially now with the Tony Meis 2.0 cape. It's a work of art.

If I ever get a chance to finish out the parts I might. Everything is in "raw" form right now and I don't have any sculpts or hats cast up.

I'm curious, what kind of parts (raw or otherwise) do you have? Not sure what's "available" in terms of what kind of work by customizers has been done. All I know about is the sculpt, the hat (maybe?), and the jacket.

My Museum Joker..

1-46.jpg

I actually bought an extra DX08 just so I could make one of these. Going to commission someone to paint the sculpt.

But where did you get the beret from?

yup, totally agree, but I still totally love the DX package as it came, it and 89 Batman I think are my fav Hot Toy releases to date, even if they are light on accessories.

I think the accessories were fine, but they really needed to throw in a second headsculpt for Joker, especially given the inflated price.

DX09 had only one sculpt, but it had 3 faceplates and lots of accessories and cost a bit less. There was no other good option for a second sculpt anyhow - he never took the mask off.

There's no excuse for the Joker, though, since his face had several different appearances throughout the film - perma-white, flesh tone, and runny makeup.

Back