Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't changed the pose yet, but decided to snap a few pics since things are kinda sleepy around here.

IMG_6483.jpg

Didn't think I'd ever say this, but the hat is growing on me...

:lol

Are you still in for a custom if we can get it done?

Awesome shots too. Things are sleepy around here aren't they? Nothing like when Batman was first in hand.

I'm not sure there's a consistency of a single problem or two but there has been a lot of different issues mainly with the outfit:

On the clothing: ill-cut tailoring on the tie and lapels of the jacket, bad stitching, pulled threads and some "glue" or something on the shirt. The overall consesus seems to be that the tailoring has some serious QC issues.

On the head and body: there's been a nose rub and PERS misallignment. Several people have snapped a peg removing the hands to swap out the jacket -- unfortunately you have to remove the hands to swap the jacket. Also, weak knees is a common issue.

Just got mine and I have to say, I was disappointed in the tailoring quality. Not that it is terrible, but for the price, and compared against some of HT's previous work, there are definitely issues...at least with mine.

Loose threads abound, the overcoat has been poorly cut, so the lapels are very uneven and crooked, visible glue residue on both jackets (but especially the one he comes already wearing), and the uneveness of his 'padding' leading to the top of his chest/shirt appearing like there is a big unnatural dip there. Lots of futzing required, and even then I can't get it quite as good as I'd like.

On top of that I find many of the extra hands a bit useless, and wish more worked a bit better in conjunction with the great selection of accessories, and the ankles on mine are a little loose (though he still stands...so far). Knees on mine seem fine though.

But I still love it. I've long since wanted a quality Nicholson Joker, and so even with the issues and the high cost and the even higher liklihood of an updated version being released down the line, I still don't regret buying this piece one little bit. Sure, there are things I wish were done a bit better, but even so, I finally have my nicholson Joker (and Keaton Batman) and that in itself is just too damn cool. :)

Now to go and try yet again to get the shirt looking a bit more even and natural looking...

Last edited:
Just an FYI for those curious, I sent Sideshow the photos I posted here as they wanted to review the problems I had with joker and determine if I'd get replacement or refund, I got the emails last night for the refund process, so it seems unless something is broken, refund is your only option.

Lame :cool:

Hot damn, Mags . . . your pics are fantastic. :thud:

Nice work--thanks for sharing.

Thanks, and you're welcome. :duff

Great shots Maglor! :clap

Can the hat be worn on the head either way - i.e; right way round, as well as the opposite way?

Thanks.
The hat curls up in the back so it's definitely not reversible, or whatever. Is that a problem?

Are you still in for a custom if we can get it done?

I have mixed feelings right now. I really like the texture and look of the material the hat is made out of. But an accurate brim really would be nice. I'll have to see what someone comes up with for a custom hat.

Awesome shots too. Things are sleepy around here aren't they? Nothing like when Batman was first in hand.

I don't understand it. This figure should get more attention than this. :dunno

Thanks, and you're welcome. :duff

Thanks.
The hat curls up in the back so it's definitely not reversible, or whatever. Is that a problem?

I have mixed feelings right now. I really like the texture and look of the material the hat is made out of. But an accurate brim really would be nice. I'll have to see what someone comes up with for a custom hat.

Think a lot of people got pissed when they saw people haveing a lot of quality control issues with this figure. I have 89 bats and Just waiting to see if the second shipment is any better with this figure before I spend 265.

Who is the spaceman? thats some really small figures, or thats a humongous pen.

Ok, who know, maybe I'll like it more when in hand. I'm not sure if we can even find someone to make it anyway. I thought more people would be interested and we'd have someone by now.

Who is the spaceman? thats some really small figures, or thats a humongous pen.

I thought that's what that was.

are a lot of retailers still waiting on their shipments? My e-tailer still haven't received any in yet...the wait is killing me as Bats looks lonely on my shelf

I notice there's very few sellers on eBay putting up parts of auction this past couple of weeks. I wonder If they're awaiting shipments too?

Forbidden Planet has the figure in stock now; Frustrating to see unclaimed figures on the market while so many of us are still waiting for our pre-orders. :gah:

Forbidden Planet has the figure in stock now; Frustrating to see unclaimed figures on the market while so many of us are still waiting for our pre-orders. :gah:

It also still says "This item is shipping now and available for PRE-ORDER only and will ship to you when in-stock at our warehouse" under the picture. Either that or "In Stock" is an error, and my guess would be the latter.

Just got mine and I have to say, I was disappointed in the tailoring quality. Not that it is terrible, but for the price, and compared against some of HT's previous work, there are definitely issues...at least with mine.

Loose threads abound, the overcoat has been poorly cut, so the lapels are very uneven and crooked, visible glue residue on both jackets (but especially the one he comes already wearing), and the uneveness of his 'padding' leading to the top of his chest/shirt appearing like there is a big unnatural dip there. Lots of futzing required, and even then I can't get it quite as good as I'd like.

On top of that I find many of the extra hands a bit useless, and wish more worked a bit better in conjunction with the great selection of accessories, and the ankles on mine are a little loose (though he still stands...so far). Knees on mine seem fine though.

But I still love it. I've long since wanted a quality Nicholson Joker, and so even with the issues and the high cost and the even higher liklihood of an updated version being released down the line, I still don't regret buying this piece one little bit. Sure, there are things I wish were done a bit better, but even so, I finally have my nicholson Joker (and Keaton Batman) and that in itself is just too damn cool. :)

Now to go and try yet again to get the shirt looking a bit more even and natural looking...

I'm really not liking what I've been hearing about about the suit. Mainly it's the unevenness of the lapels that really have me worried. That's completely unfixable and noticeable. Is there anyone out there that isn't having these issues?

Regarding the lapels: is there actually too much material on one side or was it just pressed funny? If it's the later, it could be fixed.

Back