Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its an older Adam sculpt is it not? He did some Terminator ones long ago too if I'm not mistaken. I'd say if he did either Nicholson Joker or T-800 today he'd do a better job than he was previously able.

yeah .. or not!
Jeez

IMG_0037.png

This one is amazing. Best one of them all. Was this one a one-off?
This one makes the HT one look amateur. and thats saying a lot!

I'm prob gonna hold out for this figure for a while....he should be in stock for quite some time since they most likely made a ton of them.

First of all, i don't know who Adam is. And i think his joker sculpt looks like Will Ferrell with make up gone wrong. and with that weird lower lip ..ahhh ..just can't stand it. It's ugly [in a wrong kind of way] and i don't want it in my collections. Look like 3$ plastic, no skin texture head doll. But if some of you like it. Good for you.

:slap

Will Ferrell... :lol ok dude :lol

Its an older Adam sculpt is it not? He did some Terminator ones long ago too if I'm not mistaken. I'd say if he did either Nicholson Joker or T-800 today he'd do a better job than he was previously able.

It's not that old, it's from 2011. Again, the only thing I think the sculpt lacks is texture.

It's the same sculpt as the one shown above in Maglor's posts, but with a different paintjob. It was painted by elvis1976.

It's amazing how the paint and beret changes the look.

That museum Joker looks amazing, his eyes and grin are so menacing there.

Doesn't make the HT amateur looking though, that's just silly.

Sideshow's newsletter say they'll be shipping theirs in the next 30 days just an FYI for those who have ordered him through them

I think we need more pictures of Adam's Joker headsculpt in this thread. I haven't seen it on enough pages. We need some more. Some quotes with a bunch of pictures would be nice too.

One extreme to another I guess. You got crap like this,

like i said, the sculpt isnt bad,its good enough for a mattel line of toys, like this:

but to even say its HT worthy? hell nah!

I saw this in stores, this is BS statement. That headsculpt didn't even look like Ledger. It was a kiddie version for kids. Adam's headsculpt, while soft in details actually LOOKS like Nicholson.

It isn't mattel quality, it's better. I think Hot Toys is better by far and that this one painted up looks a little too cartoony (except for the "melting face", that's fantastic) for my tastes, but it's still a great sculpt.

Then ____ like this,

Riiiiiight.

Hyperbole is hyperbolic :lol

But yeah, in conclusion both are really top sculpts, with Adam having more Nicholson in it to my eyes, but HT's having more JOKER in it perhaps, and stellar texture and paint

Why can't we all just agree that both heads are good and move on? Because after all...

[ame]https://youtu.be/6Vn-a_yqH4M[/ame]

:)

Sallah

Last edited:
Makes me wish Hot Toys included an extra, second "melting" head, a beret and a tie.

But yeah, in conclusion both are really top sculpts, with Adam having more Nicholson in it to my eyes, but HT's having more JOKER in it perhaps, and stellar texture and paint

This.

I fully agree with this, and I think that's exactly what takes away from the realism. I'm a big fan of Josh's work (although I don't own any of his), his paint jobs almost feel like paintings, like an idealized world. Perhaps even something you would see in a glamour magazine (and I don't mean this in any negative way). As said, this takes away from the realism though as opposed to "photorealistic" paintjobs, which is something SilentSurfer does very well IMO.

I have always thought that Josh's heads are very stylized, so I mostly agree with this post. However, I think the same is true of Surfer to a large extent. To be honest, I wouldn't usually choose Josh for a normal flesh-toned head, but he was my first choice for Joker.

I've been trying to avoid a lot of name-dropping, but the only painter I have seen on the boards who (in my humble opinion) out-does Hot Toys in terms of "photorealistic paintjobs" is boot25.

388646259.jpg

384783961.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

Sadly boot25 seems to have dropped off the map.

I think we need more pictures of Adam's Joker headsculpt in this thread. I haven't seen it on enough pages. We need some more. Some quotes with a bunch of pictures would be nice too.

One extreme to another I guess. You got crap like this,

I saw this in stores, this is BS statement. That headsculpt didn't even look like Ledger. It was a kiddie version for kids. Adam's headsculpt, while soft in details actually LOOKS like Nicholson.

It isn't mattel quality, it's better. I think Hot Toys is better by far and that this one painted up looks a little too cartoony (except for the "melting face", that's fantastic) for my tastes, but it's still a great sculpt.

Then ____ like this,

Riiiiiight.

:goodpost: :clap

I'm done with the discussion (and posting pics) as it brings out crazies on both sides. :duff

Last edited:
Makes me wish Hot Toys included an extra, second "melting" head, a beret and a tie.

They probably should have. For the price, being a DX and the fact that's all it would have taken to make a Museum Joker.

But I expect them to make it at some point. They may have not done it this time because they plan to include a melty head and flesh tone one with another full figure. Guess that makes more sense anyway.

I've been thinking about buying one from Sideshow to tide me over till June (or whenever) but I'm afraid if I do, I'll be obligated to pay the fee and they'll have that stupid split shipment thing where "if you ordered after February 1st you have to wait for the next shipment".

You guys think that would happen? I have two ordered with CSC (ordered in August of 2011 as soon as they went up) and if I cancel with them, I'm going to have a hefty cancellation fee.

Back