Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant wait to have joker ,bats is unreal and jokers gonna be amazing ...only few more weeks for mr.j.............

As far as staining, it's not just hats, I recently looked at the body of my T-800 that's been wearing the black shirt since day 1 and it's got tinting of black all over.

Yeah, forget it with those bodies -- my Bruce Lee sucked the black out of a top in just a few minutes wearing it.

Adam's sculpt appears to be made almost specific to the "Wait'll they get a load of me" scene. Hence the shape of the mouth. It's nearly spot on to it.

It IS very specific to that scene actually, that's what Adam used as his reference pic.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Adam's Joker sculpts, Ledger and Nicholson, always seem to have a quality where they capture the moments where you see more of the actor than the character. Hard to describe, but Adam's Nicholson reminds me of scenes where you look at him and you're mind forgets you're watching Batman and just notices Jack Nicholson on screen, where Hot Toys captures more the moments where your mind almost forgets who's playing the Joker and you're just taking in this maniacal character. I get the same vibe from Adam's Ledger portraits, they always remind of moments in the movie where your mind pauses to think "oh I see Heath in there" where others tend to capture looks from the moments where you can't even tell who's beind all the makeup and stuff.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

He's great with likeness, I can't think of anything he's done that hasn't looked clearly like who it's supposed to be, but it amazes me with these Jokers how some indefinable quality in the sculpts means such a difference in how you see it, and those same qualities in the films. Goes to show the power of makeup and prosthetics.

NJ.jpg

You ironically have that almost completely backwards. :lol The top right goes with the bottom left.

I understand the sentiment though. The top right image has a sinister feel to it, and so does the bottom right.

However, they have completely different expressions.

Hot Toy's is based on this(top left):

black-and-white-jack-nicholson-joker-scary-Favim.com-329410.jpg

Again. :lecture :lecture :lecture

Just for the record.

Hot Toys' Joker and the expression it's based on:

WhattheHTJokerisbasedon.jpg
HTJoker.jpg

Adam's Joker and the expression it's based on:

WhatAdamsJokerisbasedon.jpg
AdamsJoker.jpg

Tweak the eye position in each just a bit and they are both damn fine representations imo.

Neither is perfect, but I'll be keeping each of them. :)

69.jpg

Our full Joker review is now up! Around 40 pics and a half hour video spotlight await here:

DX08 Joker Review at 1989Batman.com

(Just to warn those unfamiliar with our video spotlights- Our review style is a bit different than most. Up to this point, we have mostly reviewed the Mattel MOTU Classics... but what we do is put a bunch of pictures of a figure and then my 9-year-old son Blaze and I ramble on about that specific figure in video format. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics.)

55.jpg

Sallah

Boy, no one can take a bad picture of this figure. IMO, Hot Toys best work so far, in terms of the total package... from head sculpt, to gear and all the works. Well, until Luke. LOL

Back