Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that nick. I hope that's not indicative of the way he comes.

What's in the upper right side of the box, next to the figure? Is that a hole for the money?

So now that HK has unveiled its pics... everyone can start calculating when this will reach Sideshow... end of month most likely.

Split shipment? Of course, you know it will be.

So the direct Sideshow customers can expect their Jokers first week of April. The rest of us who ordered from retailers can expect to wait for the 2nd part of the shipment to get to Sideshow (end of April/first week of May) and then ship out to the retailer and then again out to us (give that 2-3 weeks additional).

Looks like mid-May for me at best.

So now that HK has unveiled its pics... everyone can start calculating when this will reach Sideshow... end of month most likely.

Split shipment? Of course, you know it will be.

So the direct Sideshow customers can expect their Jokers first week of April. The rest of us who ordered from retailers can expect to wait for the 2nd part of the shipment to get to Sideshow (end of April/first week of May) and then ship out to the retailer and then again out to us (give that 2-3 weeks additional).

Looks like mid-May for me at best.

Yup... We should really just expect it at this point. Joker, Batman=May.

As long as I know this, I can control my impatience. :lol

But watching all those in-hand pics over the the 6 weeks while I'm waiting for mine is really hard on a figure as perfect as this. Same with Batman. Same with Sparrow. The only one I got fast was Indy :lol shows you just how few they made of those.

The four at the end of the year, Superman, Indy, Cap and Sparrow, all got to me pretty quick, so I feel a little spoiled now... I'm staying out of the Batman thread, since I already feel that figure was ruined for me, and I plan to do the same with the Joker now.

Problem with staying out is that you miss possible critical information on fixes or things to be aware of as the newbies make discoveries.

I learned a lot on Indy and Sparrow before I got them in hand which saved me a lot of time and aggravation had I not known what to look out for or what to be expecting.

So there's a trade off: excitement vs information

My seller told me that he will send mines this monday :yess: :yess:

Who's the seller? I'm getting ready to order mine from ebay right now.

And I can't understand why they sculpted the hair ON the ears and not behind?

Because it's actually screen accurate although exaggerated due to the flattened hat hair.

As long as I know this, I can control my impatience. :lol

But watching all those in-hand pics over the the 6 weeks while I'm waiting for mine is really hard on a figure as perfect as this.

I have no self control with this. The pics will kill me. :lol

Alright guys, start sharing your eBay vendors and their prices, please. :pray:

I might just cancel my order with BBTS and pay thru the nose on eBay now to get this turkey. I ain't going thru what I'm going thru on Batman right now with this one.

Problem with staying out is that you miss possible critical information on fixes or things to be aware of as the newbies make discoveries.

I learned a lot on Indy and Sparrow before I got them in hand which saved me a lot of time and aggravation had I not known what to look out for or what to be expecting.

Damnit! :gah: Well, I'll try not to be in the thread so much that I feel as if I already own the figure.

I might just cancel my order with BBTS and pay thru the nose on eBay now to get this turkey. I ain't going thru what I'm going thru on Batman right now with this one.

Only one top seller I like has it for around $330.00 w/0 shipping :slap I'm going to wait and see by the weekend I know the top china sellers will have this for sale! :lecture

BTW, with all do respect to Ledger and may he R.I.P. but this piece is Nicholson as the Joker! I hope the rumored DX Ledger Joker that HTs is planning on gives the actor great homage to his role in the revamp version if it does happen. If anything, they can get ideas from the Keaton and Nicholson sculpts. Truly remarkable designers that HTs has on these latest projects! :yess:

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on timcent88's ebay ad. He's got 100% positive feedback and I can get him next week with Speed Post shipping but it'll cost me $385.

Still trying to talk myself into it.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

That's the conundrum.

Only one top seller I like has it for around $330.00 w/0 shipping :slap I'm going to wait and see by the weekend I know the top china sellers will have this for sale! :lecture

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on timcent88's ebay ad. He's got 100% positive feedback and I can get him next week with Speed Post shipping but it'll cost me $385.

I think Guyver might be right and this weekend the top Chinese sellers will be getting their shipments and putting them up and perhaps start getting more competitive.

This figure thru SS is like $265, right? So $285-$300 doesn't seem like too bad a stretch to get him in-hand within the next 2 weeks.

But trusted sellers only, and item MUST be in-hand, in-stock, and ready to go! Best to know the shipping routine for the seller as well. Like Ami-Ami was about a week, ABC-express was sometimes 2 weeks, and we know what happen with Goodstuff.

385 seemed high at first glance but I'm forgetting how much this figure retails for. Might be worth waiting a day or two though.

I'm hoping this isn't a split shipment type deal but I know that's wishful thinking. I didn't order Joker from Sideshow like I did with Batman, I ordered from CSC. I really don't want to wait.

I have Batman and the wait to get my second one is still annoying.

"Patience"

benkenobi_sb_lgtout.jpg

Back