Horror book recommendations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heart Shaped Box ,I have ever read it.It make me scared and I could not fall asleep that night.Now,I have decide that I will not read any horror books for ever.

Heart Shaped Box ,I have ever read it.It make me scared and I could not fall asleep that night.Now,I have decide that I will not read any horror books for ever.

MY FAVORITE BOOK! :rock :rock

Now you have to read 20th Century Ghosts if you DO change your mind about reading horror books.:D

Just finished Ghost Road Blues, the first book in a trilogy by Jonathan Maberry, the guy who wrote Patient Zero. Really good book :rock

Gonna start the second book, Dead Man's Song today.

This is the second book I have have read by Maberry, really like his stuff so far. Patient Zero and Ghost Road Blues were both great books!

Finally took up the recomendation for the strain and its amazing! Great Book. Next one is Heart shaped box- thanks guys. :D

I'm 8 or 9 stories into a H.P. Lovecraft book calle The Road To Madness. It's the 1st book by him I ever read. I have to take it slow. :lol

I know one or two people mentioned it but Stephen King's 'It' is a terrifying read. Somehow his older work seems to have a direct link into the darkest parts of our imagination.

I know one or two people mentioned it but Stephen King's 'It' is a terrifying read. Somehow his older work seems to have a direct link into the darkest parts of our imagination.
I still haven't read it yet. It's on my list to read and I do own it but haven't gotten around to it yet. That or Christine.

Yup. I find more often than not, that I'm continually disappointed by films adapted from his words. :lol

I've been enjoying The Strain as recommended here. I'm wondering if anyone has any similarly engaging recommendations. I used to read Steven King a long time ago, but switched off after awhile.

I'm trying out audible, so any recommendations on audio books would be appreciated to. :)

Cheers.

I heard this book is great. I've been wanting to read it but I can't seem to find a copy in my gaddang city!..............
cebollita_animated_onion-21.gif

Just got a book from Ebay called October Dreams: A Celebration of Halloween. It's a short story collection and memories from past Halloweens from a bunch of horror/scifi writers. So far it's really good...def recommend picking it up.

I have a book called Halloween Horrors that's the same kind of thing. A great read but I don't think it's in print anymore.:confused: Thanks for the head-up on October Dreams.

I took some advice from this thread (I think anyway) and read "The Woods Are Dark" and "Beware," same author but I can't recall his name. I do not recommend them, quite boring and often goofy. They were almost impossible to finish.

Anyone read Horns, Joe Hills second book? Great read imo. On par with Heart Shaped Box, love the gray areas of good and evil in the book. Love Joe Hills writing style. Hope its not a long wait for his next book.

Im reading Plague of the Dead right now and its pretty good. Gonna get into the sequel Thunder and Ashes after Im finished. Then up next is Darkly Dreaming Dexter followed by Scott Sigler's Ancestor. Actually ANYTHING Scott Sigler is awesome! :rock

Back